November 24, 2017, 05:33:14 PM

Author Topic: Do You Take Better Pics with Primes?  (Read 21966 times)

MLfan3

• EOS Rebel T7i
Re: Do You Take Better Pics with Primes?
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2013, 01:11:35 PM »
For those who do not give up just using prime lenses, a solution is always put three cameras on her neck. ??? ::) Thus, you can use your holy trinity of primes and not lose photos for having the wrong lens for that moment. :o Hopefully shooters birds do not follow my advice. ;D ;D ;D

+ 100 for me too, Dear Teacher Mr. ajfotofilmagem
I am original from Thailand, and was reserved in Thai Army, In the Platoon, We have many kinds and type of Guns/ Equipments  for difference Functions of each  member in the Platoon. Same thing as in Our Love Hobby ( some of our CR. members are the PRO )---Difference Cameras and Difference Lenses for Difference functions or type of Situation/ Kinds of Photography that we want to create for the best of our ability---Yes, If Lucky, We can walk in the woods with 50 mm Lens and shoot the Eagle, But If we have 200-400 + 1.4X in our hand, We will get the best chance to get the Masterpiece too---Not have to wait 6-12 hours in the Camouflage tent on the top of tree near the eagle's net with 50 mm. or 85 mm  F/ 1.2 L--Great Prime Lens.
And take the risk to fall down from the tree, because we are sleepy.
Nice to talk to you, Sir.
Surapon

PS "  a solution is always put three cameras on her neck. ??? ::) "---Here are my Photos, Crazy Surapon on the Job---Ha, Ha, Ha---Like my dear teacher Said.
---The Last Photo is With The Crown Princess of Thailand.

amazing, I miss Thailand and hope everything goes better again there, love land of smiles.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2013, 01:11:35 PM »

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2013, 01:36:15 PM »
For those who do not give up just using prime lenses, a solution is always put three cameras on her neck. ??? ::) Thus, you can use your holy trinity of primes and not lose photos for having the wrong lens for that moment. :o Hopefully shooters birds do not follow my advice. ;D ;D ;D

+ 100 for me too, Dear Teacher Mr. ajfotofilmagem
I am original from Thailand, and was reserved in Thai Army, In the Platoon, We have many kinds and type of Guns/ Equipments  for difference Functions of each  member in the Platoon. Same thing as in Our Love Hobby ( some of our CR. members are the PRO )---Difference Cameras and Difference Lenses for Difference functions or type of Situation/ Kinds of Photography that we want to create for the best of our ability---Yes, If Lucky, We can walk in the woods with 50 mm Lens and shoot the Eagle, But If we have 200-400 + 1.4X in our hand, We will get the best chance to get the Masterpiece too---Not have to wait 6-12 hours in the Camouflage tent on the top of tree near the eagle's net with 50 mm. or 85 mm  F/ 1.2 L--Great Prime Lens.
And take the risk to fall down from the tree, because we are sleepy.
Nice to talk to you, Sir.
Surapon

PS "  a solution is always put three cameras on her neck. ??? ::) "---Here are my Photos, Crazy Surapon on the Job---Ha, Ha, Ha---Like my dear teacher Said.
---The Last Photo is With The Crown Princess of Thailand.

amazing, I miss Thailand and hope everything goes better again there, love land of smiles.

Thanks you, Sir, Dear Mr. MLfan3.
I miss my Mother's home country too, After  come to Study, Live, work and have family in North Carolina, USA for almost 40 years, But I go back home to visit every 2 years.
Here, Sir, My Thailand Albums :
The Buddhist Temples in Thailand
https://surapon.shutterfly.com/10767
The Old City, Northern part of Thailand
https://surapon.shutterfly.com/614
Just Point and shoot Photos in Thailand.
https://surapon.shutterfly.com/11884

Enjoy
Surapon

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:15:46 PM by surapon »

Grumbaki

• EOS 80D
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2013, 10:00:45 PM »
Yes If Robert Capa had zoom lenses in its time, would not have risked so much to get photos like this:

True but Zooms don't go over embankments.

(if you all ever are in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh city, visit the war museum. Most of it is propaganda but they have a great photo exhibition with the last roll of Capa and the full story of his death by witnesses. He went off the road to see what was beyong a bank. Minefield.)

I go back to listening Taro by Alt J  :(

Addendum: but if he had digital, we wouldn't miss 95 pictures of DDay :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:11:19 PM by Grumbaki »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2013, 10:12:52 PM »
Yes If Robert Capa had zoom lenses in its time, would not have risked so much to get photos like this:

Capa didn't risk anything taking that image, it has been proven to be staged. Having said that, he did end up losing his life in combat, and the mine he stepped on didn't give a damn if he had a zoom or a prime.

To suggest, even in jest, that combat photographers don't risk as much as Capa, because the vast majority of them shoot zooms, is a disgusting thought.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2013, 10:12:52 PM »