July 28, 2014, 06:26:50 AM

Author Topic: Rolling Case to fit all my camera gear  (Read 1967 times)

Dylan777

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • http://dylannguyen.500px.com/home
Re: Rolling Case to fit all my camera gear
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 11:30:42 PM »
All great suggestions.

You will likely get many bags over time.  Currently the ThinkTank Airport Security II alone will get you a $50.00 rebate.  I ordered one, and it is now shipping.  I also have the ThinkTank Airport TakeOff.  I can't say enough great stuff about this bag.  I love the material and construction.  I find with the big lenses and a couple of bodies, batteries, etc, it gets heavy, and I love rolling it.  The straps tuck away easily, and it fits overhead, even in small puddle jumpers.  This could hold the 300 2.8 II plus a couple of other lenses.

I am replacing my Lowpro pro runner x 450 aw  It is too wide for easy overhead, and the tripod which sits on the back of the bag has to be removed.  I don't like the material, and it has so many pockets, I always seem to lose things.  On the other hand, it has a spring loaded handle that makes it pop up, which my ThinkTank Airport TakeOff lacks, and that is too bad.

From what I have read, the Security II should be great for you, and a second bag, not a bad idea either.

***Look at my Gura Giveaway- my ThinkTank is on the left.  The Lowepro on the right is slightly larger than the Security II, but not significantly in terms of packing, only in terms of getting it on the plane.

Best.

Scott.

Thanks Scott
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 400L f2.8 IS II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 11:30:42 PM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »
The Logistics manager is way overkill for your current gear. I'd have to agree with RLP, the Airport Security V2 is much more appropriate. I have one, and a 300 f2.8, don't forget the 70-200 will stand up in it so takes very little space.

I have taken the Security V2 on many planes and always as carry on, I use it as my everyday bag and wheel it everywhere, if fact I need to send off for a free replacement set of wheels because I have worn them out, the emergency shoulder straps have been a day saver a couple of times too. The Logistic Manager is huge, it costs a fortune and if you filled it up it would weigh so much you'd never move it willingly, if I wanted that kind of case I'd be looking at a Pelican or transport style case.

Here is a shot of the V2 with a 300 f2.8 and a 70-200 2.8IS in it. There is a lot of room left!

Thanks for sharing privatebydesign,

Looking at your photo, It looks I can fit 300mm at bottom and still have enough space for the combo of 5D III + 24-70 II & 5D III + 70-200 f2.8 IS II plus primes.

The two bodies fit across the top, even gripped bodies or 1 series. The sides take four lenses each with hoods, like the 24-70 f2.8, that is single layered, multi-layered I can fit my 50 f1.4, 15 f2.8 and 15 and 25mm tubes stacked in one lens spot, or the 100 L Macro and the 50 f1.4, 600 sized speedlights fit vertically in their pouches along the sides (which is why I don't have many dividers in there). When it is jammed full of gear it weighs well over 60 lbs.

Because if the design of the bag, the telescoping handle part, the only place you can stand a 70-200 f2.8 vertically is in the bottom section, but with all the dividers you get you can put pretty much anything anywhere else.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 06:46:22 AM »
I have had this problem, and my biggest issue was not finding a rolling bag big enough but finding a rolling back big enough that would also take a 17.3 inch laptop. It was the laptop that was causing me all the issues.

I eventually solved the issue by modifying a bag I had already.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 06:46:22 AM »