March 29, 2015, 04:00:10 PM

Author Topic: Looking to upgrade to 5D Mk III. What to do with old RSS L-bracket?  (Read 928 times)

entlassen

• Canon AE-1
I've been using a RRS L-bracket to mount my camera on my tripod.  If I buy a new camera, I have to buy a new bracket to fit it.  I can sell my old camera on eBay, but I'm curious what do people usually do with their old brackets.  Does anybody know?

When I search through eBay for RRS brackets for Canon 5D MK III and Nikon D800, I see nearly none being sold.  When looking at entries for the camera bodies themselves, many sellers include batteries and other accessories as bonuses to attract buyers, but I never see brackets being included.

So my question is, what are people doing with their old brackets when they move to a new camera?  I mean these things are not cheap ($140 new from RRS).  I'm pretty sure RRS doesn't have a trade-in program (please correct me if I'm wrong), so where are people selling their old brackets?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:59:01 AM by entlassen »

canon rumors FORUM

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
Re: Looking to upgrade to 5D Mk III. What to do with old RSS L-bracket?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:05:53 AM »
I see them pop up on Craigslist sometimes. I do know one person who used an L-bracket, two clamps, and a Wimberley Sidekick to make a gimbal head for his monopod, to use with a 600/4L IS II.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »
People are not selling their 5D MkIII's and D800's in the numbers they are selling 5D MkII's. Ebay is the place for old RRS stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=RRS&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XRRS+b5&_nkw=RRS+b5&_sacat=0
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »