December 22, 2014, 11:43:41 PM

Author Topic: Looking to upgrade to 5D Mk III. What to do with old RSS L-bracket?  (Read 831 times)

entlassen

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
I've been using a RRS L-bracket to mount my camera on my tripod.  If I buy a new camera, I have to buy a new bracket to fit it.  I can sell my old camera on eBay, but I'm curious what do people usually do with their old brackets.  Does anybody know?

When I search through eBay for RRS brackets for Canon 5D MK III and Nikon D800, I see nearly none being sold.  When looking at entries for the camera bodies themselves, many sellers include batteries and other accessories as bonuses to attract buyers, but I never see brackets being included.

So my question is, what are people doing with their old brackets when they move to a new camera?  I mean these things are not cheap ($140 new from RRS).  I'm pretty sure RRS doesn't have a trade-in program (please correct me if I'm wrong), so where are people selling their old brackets?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:59:01 AM by entlassen »

canon rumors FORUM

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to upgrade to 5D Mk III. What to do with old RSS L-bracket?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:05:53 AM »
I see them pop up on Craigslist sometimes. I do know one person who used an L-bracket, two clamps, and a Wimberley Sidekick to make a gimbal head for his monopod, to use with a 600/4L IS II.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »
People are not selling their 5D MkIII's and D800's in the numbers they are selling 5D MkII's. Ebay is the place for old RRS stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=RRS&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XRRS+b5&_nkw=RRS+b5&_sacat=0

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »