April 18, 2015, 12:47:31 PM

Author Topic: Where did all my posts go?  (Read 1800 times)

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
Where did all my posts go?
« on: December 02, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »
Not that I care about the posts, just wondered where they went. I was over 1,100 posts and a 1Dx yesterday, today I am at 800 posts and a 1D MkIV.

Anybody got any ideas?
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

canon rumors FORUM

Where did all my posts go?
« on: December 02, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »

sunnyVan

• Canon 6D
Re: Where did all my posts go?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 10:44:53 PM »
Not that I care about the posts, just wondered where they went. I was over 1,100 posts and a 1Dx yesterday, today I am at 800 posts and a 1D MkIV.

Anybody got any ideas?

Maybe you get a 25% discount for cyber Monday.  Sorry. Bad joke. Hope you get it fixed. 
5DMK3, EOS M, M3, 24-70 2.8L II, 16-35 F4L IS, 100 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 35F2 IS, 70-300L, 600EX-RT, M18-55, M11-22

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • "Winners Don't Use Drange"
    • Der Tierfotograf
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 04:26:37 AM »

I don't know if I as a 1Dx shouldn't even talk to you as a mere 1d4 :-> but did you get any feedback on this? It would be interesting what not to do, I really have no idea since I generally find your post very nice and helpful, well, if you're not discussing with one specific other member shooting who only shoots with primes :-p

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:24:07 AM »
Thanks Marsu42,

No, no feedback, it wasn't because I have been naughty I am sure, I have lost posts because of that before but not 200, and I get notice when it happens.

As for our 135 f1.8 IS friend, he really does seem to have a bug up his butt about me at the moment, I often just let it pass but didn't this time, sorry if the bickering is too negative.

Thanks for your feedback, I suspect my posts just evapourated due to a line of code, nothing more sinister.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 11:14:55 AM »
I think the forum software has a bug, I lost another 50 posts last night. Seems I will never be a 1Dx owner  :)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »
I wonder… A multipage thread was locked yesterday. Perhaps, posts in a locked thread "don't count "anymore, after the thread is locked? I haven't noticed this happening to me, but then again… 50 or even 200 posts is just a blip for me.    ;)
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »
Judging from my email notifications folder I have posted around 2,000 times, now I have deleted some myself and have, justifiably, had some of my more antagonistic posts deleted by, I assumed, the mods/editors. I am not a numbers counter and really don't care about the posts as they often date so fast anyway, but if it is because of a bug I'd want the mods to know about it. I only noticed it because one day I was a 1DX and the next a 1D MkIV, that same day another member PM'd me to ask where my posts were!

I know I have been on a "naughty watch" on occasions so I thought I might be an accidental casualty of a normal spam and rouge (Mikael) culling process, but I claim no knowledge of SMF forum coding.

Even working through big editing jobs I don't have the ability to multitask like you seem to Neuro so will never attain your posting levels.  ;D

P.S. Which thread was locked? Was I in it I wonder.......

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 01:03:53 PM »
The 'CPS is for pros' thread was locked, don't know if you were in it.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

lilmsmaggie

• EOS M2
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Something very strange is going on with this site this morning (11:08 am PST)
6D, 5DMKII, Samyang 14 2.8 IF ED UMC, 24 1.4L, 24-105L, 100 2.8L Macro, 70-300 4-5.6L

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
There have been a couple of locked topics lately, but nothing with 50 posts by one individual..

Look at your posts and see if there is a gap by date in recent ones. 

slclick

• 1D Mark IV
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 09:47:17 PM »
Wordpress sure has some stinky farts

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 09:58:44 PM »
The 'CPS is for pros' thread was locked, don't know if you were in it.

Yes I had one post in that thread.

An admin emailed me and said those posts in locked threads should still be counted. His access showed I had two comments deleted by mods in the last two months but he was at a loss as to where any others went. He did say there had been a small glitch with the site a few days ago, and as lilmsmaggie says it was weird earlier today, but no insight into where the posts went.

Not a biggie, ad as slclick pointed out, Wordpress does have a bit of a reputation it worked hard to earn.   ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 09:58:44 PM »