July 23, 2014, 02:50:25 PM

Author Topic: CPS Event on October 18 in The Netherlands  (Read 10989 times)

Picsfor

Re: CPS Event on October 18 in The Netherlands
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
Mmmm, only 1 body off platinum membership - but can't really justify 3 bodies.
Have 6 qualifying lenses and 2 5D2's. Can't get on with the 7D, and can't afford a 1D4 sooo.....

Gold it is!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »

Zuuyi

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 05:06:50 PM »
Have 6 qualifying lenses and 2 5D2's. Can't get on with the 7D, and can't afford a 1D4 sooo.....

Gold it is!

You qualify for platinum.  It's 2 - 7D's or higher. So two 5D2 will qualify you.

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 05:25:57 PM »
With a 1D4, 2x 1DS3's and a 5D2 I qualify. No invite though.
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

thepancakeman

• 7D
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 06:10:59 PM »
As has been noted before, it's not just what equipment you own, but you must also meet this requirement:

"Applicant must be:
An individual, self-employed or an employee of a professional imaging business, that, as a full-time profession, is directly involved in the creation of images; either moving or still. "

:'(

Picsfor

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 07:17:49 PM »
Ah, so as I'm now redundant,and declare myself a professional photographer - I will get platinum status?
And be $500 a year less wealthier than I already am...
S'pose that means I better start earning $500 a year for my trade membership...

But how will I be able to afford to get to Holland?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 07:20:56 PM by Picsfor »

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 09:26:02 PM »

Gold it is!

You qualify for platinum.  It's 2 - 7D's or higher. So two 5D2 will qualify you.

CPS membership rules differ between US/Europe/Asia/Australia, unfortunately. See here for Europe
In Europe, to get Platinum, you need 2 'Platinum' Bodies which are only 5D2, 1D3, 1D4, 1Ds3, and 4 Lenses, All L-series, TS-E and MP-E (EF-S lenses qualify for silver only).
Video is its own CPS-level in europe, and doesn't look like they're invited to the event either.
(And in australia, there's only 2 CPS-levels, Gold needs a 1D/s and 5D, Silver needs 2 5D bodies or better, and it's all gotta be purchased at inflated-local prices, my overseas-bought-hence-half-of-aussie-price 7D won't get me squat around here.)

Meanwhile, i've checked my camera repair receipts, and the address it had was Tech Repair in Bergen-op-Zoom. Although when I complained about how long repairs were taking after the 3rd one, the camera-shop guy said I could take it down there on the train myself to save time, the address he gave me was in Ossendrecht i thought.
Near enough to Roosendaal, but yeah, now that I think about it it's kinda stupid having a CPS event in the repair shop (I worked in one, just a boring warehouse), unless the whole of canon was all on one premises.
It just tweaked in my mind that Roosendaal was also down south. So the event is probably in some hall or convention space maybe.

I haven't heard back from my friend if he's got membership or not, last I checked he had a 1D2, 1D3, 50D and/or a 5D(2) (can't remember), but that just before the 1D4 came out, so he might have enough bodies to qualify if he's upgraded since...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:30:35 PM by dr croubie »
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 04:14:33 AM »
Last time I checked CPS membership doesn't cost anything?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 04:14:33 AM »

Zuuyi

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 05:48:07 AM »

In the US. It is free to join CPS at the Silver level.  But Gold and Platinum, as mentioned in the invite do cost.

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 06:40:46 AM »
Ah, lucky old us in the UK then!

plam_1980

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 06:43:43 AM »
So you would spend all that money on existing bodies and lenses, just to become members so that you can be present at the announcing of a potential new body, which you will know about on the next day? Why not save your money for the new camera instead?

Polansky

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 07:08:00 AM »
So you would spend all that money on existing bodies and lenses, just to become members so that you can be present at the announcing of a potential new body, which you will know about on the next day? Why not save your money for the new camera instead?

Not because of these kind of announcements of course, but because if your gear breaks down on you. You will get rebates for repairs, faster repair times and gear to loan, so you can continue your photography business as usual, while they are fixing your camera or lenses.

aldvan

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 07:09:47 AM »

In the US. It is free to join CPS at the Silver level.  But Gold and Platinum, as mentioned in the invite do cost.

I'm an Italian Gold member and my membership is absolutely free.

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 08:39:35 AM »
When my shutter needed repacing on the 1Ds3 I sent it on the Monday, came back on the Thursday and it was £230.

Apparently it would of been quicker but half the technicians were at an event.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 08:39:35 AM »

Ivar

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 09:10:37 AM »
Having delayed the 1Ds MK4 for so long I don't believe in such a quiet introduction. Neither for any other pro-class camera.

silver_dot

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »
The last rumors I've seen today, some  unexpected 1DS IV specifications:

I'm waitng for the release of th EOS 1Ds IV since 5D II issued.  Two years passed expecting it, an I see it's delayed  again, may be available in the middle of next year.

I'm disappointed by some specifications given: this camera will be 200g  heavier, less pixels definition (21mpx down to 18mpx), fusion probable 1d/1Ds,  why 61 AF points and 14fps. It's not exactly what I expected for the new 1DS generation, feeling it like an evolution of the  1DS II with just with 10% more definition, a step back from the 21mps of the  1Ds III when I hoped one step beyond.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »