April 20, 2014, 10:45:26 AM

Author Topic: BigValue 6D - no warranty card???  (Read 1288 times)

toodamnice

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • flickr
BigValue 6D - no warranty card???
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »
What does that mean??? How can I tell if it's gray market? It's a split kit and it is new looking. I am worried that Canon won't fix it if something happens. It was hard to pass on $1400 for such a great camera and I'd hate to send it back. Thanks for your advice... 
Bring on the storms!!!

Two Canon 6Ds. Canon EF 16-35 f2.8L II, Canon EF 50 f1.4, Canon EF 85 f1.8, Canon EF 70-200 f4L IS, Rokinon 14 f2.8.

canon rumors FORUM

BigValue 6D - no warranty card???
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
Re: BigValue 6D - no warranty card???
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:03:14 PM »
Just go to Canonregister.com and register it. I assume you have the serial number even if you don't have the card. (should be on the box and the bottom of the camera).
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

candc

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:17:25 PM »
I have bought 3 cameras and some lenses from bvi. They make it clear there is no warranty.they have 30 day return period and canon has a 1 year warranty. You are getting a big discount for forfeiting the 11 months. To me its worth it on most gear. Either you like it or you send it back, its not likely to break in the first year.

PS bhphoto has the 6d with extras and 2% rewards for $1500 or so now. That is with a warranty. That's the best deal on the 6d going now.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:28:17 PM by candc »

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
I've never heard of anyone in the USA having Canon Refuse a Warranty on items bought from BVI.  The warranty card means nothing, Canon wants to see your purchase receipt to get service.  Otherwise, they go by the date of manufacture which they can get from the serial number.  That might mean you only have a few months of remaining warranty.

In the unlikely event that Canon will not honor the warranty, Big Value will cover you.
Be sure to use a Card like American Express to pay for the camera.  They double the manufacturer's warranty up to one additional year.  If Canon refuses to fix it, Amex will cover it.

candc

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »
I've never heard of anyone in the USA having Canon Refuse a Warranty on items bought from BVI.  The warranty card means nothing, Canon wants to see your purchase receipt to get service.  Otherwise, they go by the date of manufacture which they can get from the serial number.  That might mean you only have a few months of remaining warranty.

In the unlikely event that Canon will not honor the warranty, Big Value will cover you.
Be sure to use a Card like American Express to pay for the camera.  They double the manufacturer's warranty up to one additional year.  If Canon refuses to fix it, Amex will cover it.

They make it a point to state there is no warranty. If you are saying that canon will cover it anyway that's fantastic. I have a 6d in shipping now.

toodamnice

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 06:02:12 AM »
Sigh Amazon has it for $1415 today. I bet it is not a split kit either. Oh well.
Bring on the storms!!!

Two Canon 6Ds. Canon EF 16-35 f2.8L II, Canon EF 50 f1.4, Canon EF 85 f1.8, Canon EF 70-200 f4L IS, Rokinon 14 f2.8.

RC

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 08:35:41 AM »
Sigh Amazon has it for $1415 today. I bet it is not a split kit either. Oh well.

I'd order it from Amazon ASAP (assuming sale tax doesn't offset the difference) before they're gone then return your BV one.  Peace of mind and you will know for sure, otherwise it will always bug you. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 08:35:41 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 12:36:23 PM »

They make it a point to state there is no warranty. If you are saying that canon will cover it anyway that's fantastic. I have a 6d in shipping now.

That's something new to me, they have always told the CR guy that they would cover a camera issue if Canon did not.  He even posted it a few days ago.
I did look at their current ebay listing for the 6D here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231030095096&item=231030095096&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

I did not see anything excluding a warranty, just this note:
"All products we sell are brand new and includes warranty coverage unless clearly specified on the listing."
Perhaps there was some item they sold without warranty, they sell thousands of different items.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:46:02 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

candc

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 03:54:48 PM »
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=bigvalueinc

"Our products are covered by a warranty of 1 years parts and 90 days for labor. Due to our very low low prices, we are prevented from listing our items with manufacturer warranty. Rest assured, our products are the same as if you bought in stores"

this is from the terms and conditions page.

i don't think the cameras they sell come with a "manufacturers warranty" because they are not an authorized seller. maybe canon would warranty it anyway? if not it seems they will warranty the product themselves.

anyway, i have bought from them in the past and haven't had any problems. their prices are good and it sounds like you get warranty coverage one way or another.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 03:54:48 PM »