November 26, 2014, 12:57:16 AM

Author Topic: Buying new/second hand canon gear in Tokyo  (Read 17171 times)

willrobb

Re: Buying new/second hand canon gear in Tokyo
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »
Hey Ferdi,

Thanks for the link, the photos were awesome. I've seen a lot of 45mm TS-E portraits and they really are stunning. For landscapes, the 24mm TS-E is easily my top choice and I was hoping that with an extender the 24mm TS-E would be good for portraits as well, but I am getting more and more tempted to get hold of both lenses, probably getting the 45mm TS-E second hand. I've already got my mind set on the 24mm, if any unexpected jobs come up and the fee covers a 45mm as well I may just get one. However, if there is anything in the rumours about a possible 45mm TS-E upgrade, that could be interesting.

Please no one post up links with amazing 90mm TS-E lens shots, my mind is already working overtime ;-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 01:09:54 AM »
One quick question: do you have any suggestions on where to look for deals on old Canon FL lens?

I got my 600 f4.5 FD from these guys they had a fair bit of FD gear when i was looking
http://myworld.ebay.com.au/matsuiyastore/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
should be here soon i hope :)
APS-H Fanboy

markbueno

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 05:30:06 AM »
This is great information! I moved to Kashiwa (about 30 minutes from UENO by train) about 10 months ago and haven't found a decent used camera store yet. I'll be sure to check these out!

Theres a Bic Camera at Kashiwa station that I window shop at often  :D

willrobb

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 04:41:02 AM »
Hey Mark,

Bic (and Yodobashi) are great for window shopping, they let you play with almost anything in store, but much better deals for buying are to be found at MAP in Shinjuku and Fujiya in Nakano. I'm going to miss those places when I leave Japan....suspect they'll miss me too as I've given them quite a lot of cash over the years ;-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 04:41:02 AM »