July 28, 2015, 02:28:21 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Listed as Discontinued at Amazon UK  (Read 10732 times)

JawZ

• SX60 HS
Re: Canon EOS 6D Listed as Discontinued at Amazon UK
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2014, 10:39:40 PM »
Cameraegg is reporting that Amazon UK has listed the 6D as discontinued. I really hope it's true as I want to buy a 6D but would prefer an upgraded version (as per other discussions). Could Canon be fast tracking this project to respond to the flurry of new Nikon full frame models? One can only hope.

http://www.cameraegg.org/canon-eos-6d-listed-as-discontinued-at-amazon-uk/

Even if the only change they make is modern autofocus I would be satisfied but a few more upgrades would be better.

My wish list:
DPAF
At least 19 cross type AF points (50 would be better)
Flip out touchscreen
2 card slots

Essentially a 70D with full frame and some tweaks

You don't need a flip  screen if you allow remote control of the camera via wifi. That's a trade I'm willing to accept. And it doesn't even need to be a touch screen either. Fuji allows full remote control via wifi including AF points via their app.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2014, 10:39:40 PM »

dgatwood

• 1D Mark IV
  • 300D, 400D, 6D
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 10:45:49 AM »
You don't need a flip  screen if you allow remote control of the camera via wifi.

IMO, swivel screens are most useful when tilted vertically for capturing low-angle and high-angle shots, not spun around for selfies (shots where you're in front of the lens).  In that usage, Wi-Fi doesn't work very well.

SevenDUser

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014, 02:42:30 PM »
Hmmm not showing discontinued anymore.... Must be a boring Christmas today ...

Khufu

• EOS M2
    • Drew K Forrest Art & Photography FB
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2014, 11:16:11 AM »
Cameraegg is reporting that Amazon UK has listed the 6D as discontinued. I really hope it's true as I want to buy a 6D but would prefer an upgraded version (as per other discussions). Could Canon be fast tracking this project to respond to the flurry of new Nikon full frame models? One can only hope.

Even if the only change they make is modern autofocus I would be satisfied but a few more upgrades would be better.

My wish list:
DPAF
At least 19 cross type AF points (50 would be better)
Flip out touchscreen
2 card slots

Essentially a 70D with full frame and some tweaks

You don't need a flip  screen if you allow remote control of the camera via wifi. That's a trade I'm willing to accept. And it doesn't even need to be a touch screen either. Fuji allows full remote control via wifi including AF points via their app.

Power On
Flip/Twist Screen
Hit Live-View
Bend Knees & Position Camera with Arms

Without exaggerating, these manoeuvres can be implemented in less than a second by somebody with a basic idea of where the camera's buttons & switches are and a good pair of knees!

Despite having a 70D right here I've yet to try out Canon's WiFi features but... but I'm pretty sure nobody needs me to finish this thought!
5D3 // 70D // EOS M & SL1 // Sigma 24/1.8 & 50/1.4 // Canon EF 400/5.6L & 100/2 // Tamron 17-35/2.8-4 // SONY HDR FX1000 // Canon XM2 & HV20 // Zoom H1 // Paints, Pens & Pencils!... USA Strat, Mexican Tele, Warwick Thumb 5 ;)

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »
Hmmm not showing discontinued anymore.... Must be a boring Christmas today ...

This is a old topic, hijacked by others.  It was obviously a error on Amazon when it was posted.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »