I expect prices on the 35L II to be around 40% more than the current, which would put it around $1900-2100 given the trends of all the other "Mark II" versions.
I don't think I will jump on this right away, even though I have been waiting for it. The current 35L I own is excellent, but I do expect the 35L II to be quite a bit improved in some aspects. The price will just suck.
I will wait for rebates before I bite... Given the 24-70 II and 70-200 II dip to $1700 prices, I would wait until I could snag the 35L II for $1400-1500 before I do buy it.
This is all speculation of course, though!
On the other side, "What If..." Canon surprised us with a 35mm f/1.2L.. If they could sell it at that $2000-2100 price range, I think people would have less of a problem for the increase in aperture. It would at least help justify it a bit more... As long as it performed very well, I think people would be a bit more happy with it at that cost.