August 21, 2014, 06:20:58 PM

Author Topic: My New and Improve GIOTTOS Blower-for safety.  (Read 43414 times)

crasher8

Re: My New and Improve GIOTTOS Blower-for sefety
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 08:04:44 PM »
With all the 7D2 nonsense  which morphed into EVF crappola, CR1's blown out of proportion and Sigma bashing on this site, this type of post is welcome and awesome. I cannot wait for a TSA Rocket Blower story of my own.

Thanks for the grins

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 08:04:44 PM »

scottkinfw

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • kasden.smug.com
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 11:53:36 PM »
What a jerk.  These TSA guys get a little power and like magic, they turn into Barney Fife

Scott
sek Cameras: 5D III, 5D II, EOS M  Lenses:  24-70 2.8 II IS, 24-105 f4L, 70-200 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, EF 300 f4L IS, EF 400 5.6L, 300 2.8 IS II, Samyang 14 mm 2.8 Flashes: 580 EX II600EX-RT X 2, ST-E3-RT
Plus lots of stuff that just didn't work for me

HankMD

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • SLR newbie since July, 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 04:09:42 AM »
After I came home, I buy another one, and use Cutter blade cut the 4 wings of the rocket/ Missile off---Please see the Photos----And I never have any problem again after that Flight.

Mr. Surapon,

I am sorry about your (now maimed) blower. You really have me concerned as I've been carrying the same weapon on overseas trips lately. Although I've not had any problem whatsoever I am now seriously considering mutilating my beloved GIOTTOS. But I do note that whereas your pristine blower had resembled a ROCKET, it now looks rather like a GRENADE (not that I've ever handled one). I confirmed this with a bit of googling.

So...I suppose this represents a marketing opportunity for GIOTTOS to come up with alternative designs. Perhaps work with Preparation H for a bit of co-branding or something?  ;)

Anyway, thanks for raising this issue.

Best,
HankMD, Taiwan

6D | 7D | 10-22 | 40 | 18-135 IS | 70-200 IS II | Tamron 150-600

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 09:54:50 AM »
A question begged to be answered:  "Why would Giottos manufacture a product that resembles a grenade and has fins like a rocket in a political/security minded atmosphere?"

The ribs on it keep it from slipping in your hands, and the so called fins are actually a stand to hold it upright.  Its a product that has been sold for many many years and not something that just popped up.

Most of the air blower designs have ribs or other features to keep it flying out of your hands when you squeeze it rapidly.

This is simply a case of a agent overcome by power more than common sense.

Thanks you, Sir, Dear Mt Spokane.
Nice to read your thinking in logic and expertise again.
Have a great week, Sir.
Surapon
Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »

The correct response is, "Probably, and if you stuck gunpowder up a penguin's ***, it will fly like a rocket, too."  When the TSA agent correctly replies that the penguin would blow into a million pieces, you then ask, "What do you think this blower is made of?"  When he can't answer, you reply, "Penguin intestine."  I figure that any TSA agent who could believe a rocket blower might be used as a weapon would also be willing to believe that rubber is made of penguin guts.
You think an Asian looking dude will be able to argue that much with  security staff at an american airport and not end up detained for several hours?

Sorry, I am disappoint you, Next time on the Flight, I ( Asian Looking guy) will have the Beard and Mustache  as the Arab's Look.

;D ;D ;D Dear Surapon, if you dress up like an Arab guy, I'm pretty sure they will lock you up in some place like Guantanamo bay  ;D ;D ;D

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Rienz----No comment from me this time---Ha, Ha, Ha.
Dear Surapon,
I hear you take photos of prisons? or an architect for detention centers? ... if so, you should be able to break out of them quite easily  8) 8) 8)

Yes, Dear Rienz
I do both, Both Jail/ Detention Photographer and Designed Architect for Jail/ Detention/ Courthouse/ Sheriff department---ETC---Yes, And NO--Yes, I can take some time to study the security systems and can get out, BUT, NO---If I am in the Jail, Why , I need to get out---  Free Room and Board, 3 Meals per day, Free TV, with HBO., Exercise time, to get my shape as Arnold, Free Health care, and Free Dentist, Plus Free Education that I can get PHD. with in 5 years---and get out from jail, Pass Bar test, and be a rich Lawyer= Every thing Free, From your Money = Tax .
I know one homeless guy , name Bob----Two week ago, Before the Bad/ Cold weather come , Bob has broken all 50+ cars and Truck's antennas( The County Vehicles park in the County Parking lot).  and Make a loud noise, , My friend, The County Finance Director call the sheriff, and go to talk to Bob. He ask Bob , Why he has to break all of County Antennas, Why He just break 2-3----He answer to my friend, Last Winter, He just broke 2-3 Anntennas, And He go to jail only 3 days, and Get out to sleep on the street in freezing temperature---This Year, He get smarter----Ha, Ha, Ha, He will be in the Heaven ( County Jail) for the whole winter.
Well, That the Truth that my friend tell me this story, When I have the meeting with him and County Manager for the New Project, County Courthouse Renovation and Restoration.
Have a great week ahead, Nice to talk to you.
Surapon
Ha ha ha  ;D ;D ;D ... I am going to tell this story to my family and friends.

Unfortunately, its true.  It would cost far less to feed and house the homeless in apartments than put them up in very expensive jail cells costing 100 times as much.

Yes, Sir, Dear Mt Spokane.
You are right on the target. To build the Minimum security up to Medium Security jail ( We not talk about Maximum security jail and Specialty Facility for Death Roll) = 45,000 to 70,000 US Dollars for each inmate, And County/ State will spend 60 to 75 US Dollars per day , per Inmate , just for foods, and Security staffs/ Jailers---Not include Health care/ Doctor fee, and Nurse fee. ------The Best way to hand the Guilty Person after trial in court ---Just my Idea, after as the Designer of Courthouse ,Jails and detentions---Just = 1) The first time of guilty in his/ her lifes =  Send them to $ 30-40 US Dollars per night in the Hotel as many days as the Judge give the sentence----But tell them that No more repeat the bad thing that they do, and TELL THEM THAT THE NEXT SENTENCES  ARE. , 2) If they do it again in second time, just reduce the days to stay at the cheap hotel.   3) If they do it again in third time, and guilty in court, JUST SHOOTING THEM AT THE MARKET SQUARE, AND LET THE PEOPLE SEE, AND SHOW ON TV TOO.
Yes, My dear Dad teach me that :---The first time that human do some thing wrong = because we do not know, The second time that we do some thing wrong again = Human error, ---BUT, the third time that we do the same wrong again  We are stupid.
Yes, I can bet that, No more Crimes  in this Country with in 5 years.-------Ha, Ha, Ha.
Nice to talk to you, Sir.
Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »
Wait, if you stick black powder in this one, it can turn into a land mine.  ;D

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear Click-----Ha, Ha, Ha
Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 10:30:08 AM »
I just throw both of them(in Ziploc bags) into my checked baggage after reading a similar story a while back.  Still, you think they would have the brains to ask you to remove the nozzle and look inside, realize it is rubber, and tell you to have a nice day.  The 600/800 always gets me odd looks for some reason though.

No, No, No , dear ERHP .
Why no , " I just throw both of them(in Ziploc bags) into my checked baggage "-----I design many X-ray/ Scanner Machine in the Courthouses, and  Jail/ Detention ---The Good X-ray / Scanner Machine can see the Shape of the Rocket, of GOTTOS in your checked baggage---Yes, that the Good news is, after the security staffs open the baggage to check, they just get upset about the fool that we create, and that make them try to find some thing else in your baggage---The  first Bad news that = Your baggage will miss the flight, The Second Bad news,  just For My wife at Bangkok airport, when she fly back to USA---They find the Cheap point and shoot camera in her  Baggage, and just Throw away in the Trash can ( and some of them  come to get it Later time)---Yes, She lost the photos that she took in Thailand----BUT, THE GOOD NEWS THAT, I GET THE NEW HIGH END POINT AND SHOOT CAMERA---ha, Ha, Ha.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 10:30:08 AM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 10:32:17 AM »
With all the 7D2 nonsense  which morphed into EVF crappola, CR1's blown out of proportion and Sigma bashing on this site, this type of post is welcome and awesome. I cannot wait for a TSA Rocket Blower story of my own.

Thanks for the grins

Thanks, Dear crasher8
Human life are too short, we must have Laugh and happy times as much as possible.
Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 10:43:22 AM »
What a jerk.  These TSA guys get a little power and like magic, they turn into Barney Fife

Scott

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear scottkinfw---No comments from me-----BUT " Mr. Barney Fife " is my home state Hero---Ha, Ha, Ha---Yes, The TV. series from our state of North Carolina, Main actors too, The Town = Mount Airy, NC---The Home  of the Siames twins ENG-Chang, 170 years ago, Who original From Thailand, My Mom's Country.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:57:27 AM by surapon »

ajperk

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 11:30:50 AM »
I had the same thing happen to me when I was flying out of Detroit Metro last year. Went through the security like normal, and then an agent spotted the blower in a side pocket of my camera bag and had me take it out. From the look on his face, I think the TSA agent really thought he had something there. I just gave it a couple squeezes and said something like, "you know, for cleaning lenses, and cameras, and stuff..." I suppose it was a satisfying break from what must usually be a pretty monotonous job.
Canon EOS 6D, EF 24-105mm f/4L, EF 100mm f/2.8, EF 50mm f/1.4, EF 40mm f/2.8; Canon EOS 700D, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6, Canon 430ex II

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »
After I came home, I buy another one, and use Cutter blade cut the 4 wings of the rocket/ Missile off---Please see the Photos----And I never have any problem again after that Flight.

Mr. Surapon,

I am sorry about your (now maimed) blower. You really have me concerned as I've been carrying the same weapon on overseas trips lately. Although I've not had any problem whatsoever I am now seriously considering mutilating my beloved GIOTTOS. But I do note that whereas your pristine blower had resembled a ROCKET, it now looks rather like a GRENADE (not that I've ever handled one). I confirmed this with a bit of googling.

So...I suppose this represents a marketing opportunity for GIOTTOS to come up with alternative designs. Perhaps work with Preparation H for a bit of co-branding or something?  ;)

Anyway, thanks for raising this issue.

Best,
HankMD, Taiwan

Ha, Ha, Ha Dear HankMD.
Thanks to come to talk with us in this Funny subject---Yes, You are the Doctor that why have a bright IDEAS  " So...I suppose this represents a marketing opportunity for GIOTTOS to come up with alternative designs. Perhaps work with Preparation H for a bit of co-branding or something?  ;)"----Ha, Ha, Ha----Must have a lot bigger Injector----Ha,Ha, Ha, Plus have another  storage tank for Lublicant---No, No, No--For the Lens Cleaning  Liquid---Ha, Ha, Ha.

Nice to talk to you,Have a great work week.
Surapon

jhpeterson

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »
Still, you think they would have the brains to ask you to remove the nozzle and look inside, realize it is rubber, and tell you to have a nice day. 
Unfortunately, in many lines of work, having brains is detrimental to remaining employed.
Much like the aforementioned blower, management is likely to consider such a person dangerous. ("They think too much, they could embarrass me, perhaps even put me out of a job.")
It's actually pretty standard employment policy at many if not most mid-sized and large companies, and almost a certainty at government agencies, not to hire a person that's too intelligent for the task. The reason is that they are seen as ones who will spend most of their time figuring out ways to do their job better, faster, more efficiently or, heaven forbid, maybe even give improved customer service, instead of doing only what they were asked.   
I'd like to think that's the reason I never got called back after job interviews and why I became a photographer!  8)

1D iii (x2), 1DS iii (x3), 6D, 16-35L ii, 24-105L, 70-200L IS ii, 24/3.5 TS-E, 40/2.8 STM, 50/2.5, 100/2.8L IS, 135/2L, 300/2.8L, 500/4L IS, 430EX II, EF 1.4x ii, EF 2x iii

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »
Quote from:  link=topic=18537.msg348282#msg348282 date=1387299249
Still, you think they would have the brains to ask you to remove the nozzle and look inside, realize it is rubber, and tell you to have a nice day. 
Unfortunately, in many lines of work, having brains is detrimental to remaining employed.
Much like the aforementioned blower, management is likely to consider such a person dangerous. ("They think too much, they could embarrass me, perhaps even put me out of a job.")
It's actually pretty standard employment policy at many if not most mid-sized and large companies, and almost a certainty at government agencies, not to hire a person that's too intelligent for the task. The reason is that they are seen as ones who will spend most of their time figuring out ways to do their job better, faster, more efficiently or, heaven forbid, maybe even give improved customer service, instead of doing only what they were asked.   
I'd like to think that's the reason I never got called back after job interviews and why I became a photographer!  8)

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear jhpeterson.
I love your words " I'd like to think that's the reason I never got called back after job interviews and why I became a photographer!  8)"---You are the most positive thinking  gentleman. Yes, Photographer Job is one of the Best Job in the world, for the person , who can Capture and Create the Great Masterpiece, and do not care who love it or hate it---Just Our Happyness in our Heart , Plus If some one pay for them = More Happy Life.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »

lion rock

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
No, No, No , dear ERHP .
Why no , " I just throw both of them(in Ziploc bags) into my checked baggage "-----I design many X-ray/ Scanner Machine in the Courthouses, and  Jail/ Detention ---The Good X-ray / Scanner Machine can see the Shape of the Rocket, of GOTTOS in your checked baggage---Yes, that the Good news is, after the security staffs open the baggage to check, they just get upset about the fool that we create, and that make them try to find some thing else in your baggage---The  first Bad news that = Your baggage will miss the flight, The Second Bad news,  just For My wife at Bangkok airport, when she fly back to USA---They find the Cheap point and shoot camera in her  Baggage, and just Throw away in the Trash can ( and some of them  come to get it Later time)---Yes, She lost the photos that she took in Thailand----BUT, THE GOOD NEWS THAT, I GET THE NEW HIGH END POINT AND SHOOT CAMERA---ha, Ha, Ha.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

We came back from Hokkaido in January, and in our checkin luggage was a couple of cooked plastic vacuum sealed corn (Hokkaido corn is famous), the X-Ray saw the shape, and the custom inspectors had to inspect the luggage for those "sausages".  Well, they weren't and they passed us through with our corns in the suitcase.
-r

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 01:55:08 PM »
No, No, No , dear ERHP .
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

We came back from Hokkaido in January, and in our checkin luggage was a couple of cooked plastic vacuum sealed corn (Hokkaido corn is famous), the X-Ray saw the shape, and the custom inspectors had to inspect the luggage for those "sausages".  Well, they weren't and they passed us through with our corns in the suitcase.
-r

Dear my friend lion rock.
You are super lucky, my wife case not so lucky, But we all learn from our mistake, 5 years ago, The new laws/ New Regulation in USA. No one can bring  any Meat, Pork, any Chicken products in USA. VIA. Airport ( But The importers/  Foods Company  can do---Except  our good citizen like us), in the Check baggage, 5 years ago, my wife Bring the "pork sausages The Most Famous  in Thailand from Bangkok China town", They scan her Baggage and open the baggage in front of her, and pick up the big box of this pork sausages, and ask her = What is this made from ?, My wife answer = From Pork sir.,  That Staff just dump that box , which cost about $ 400  US Dollar in the trash can, and tell her that  Product of Meat, Pork and Chicken not allow to bring inside of USA., She is a smart lady, do not disagree with him, Se know that so many tons of Famous Pork Sausages of thi brand name , sale in our home town Chinese grocery store, And No way to send from Thailand by Ship, that take 2 months, It must send by the same airplane that she fly----Ha, Ha, Ha. Since then,  If she want to bring Pork/ Beef Sausages, She must Lable that, The Blend of SEA FOODS Sausages-------Ha, Ha, Ha.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 01:55:08 PM »