October 25, 2014, 03:26:16 AM

Author Topic: My New and Improve GIOTTOS Blower-for safety.  (Read 45370 times)

lion rock

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: My New and Improve GIOTTOS Blower-for sefety
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »
Dear Surapon,
I think it was and expensive lesson, hope the customs agents didn't blacklist your wife.  Any meat, veggies, plants or even soil can't be brought into the US.  Even cooked egg yolks, as contained in our (Chinese) mid Autumn moon cakes.
I believe there may be a list of travellers names they keep of offenders, so returning back to the country, these people are scrutinized carefully.
There are a whole list somewhere that forbid importation of stuff.  Though, commercial companies can do so. 
My evil conspiracy mind thinks there is a partnership for shippers to do business this way.

Dear Surapon, don't aggregate the customs agents or TSA types.  Be careful what you bring in.  A photo of the sausage is cheaper and garranties entry to the country,  8).
-r

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »
Dear Surapon,
I think it was and expensive lesson, hope the customs agents didn't blacklist your wife.  Any meat, veggies, plants or even soil can't be brought into the US.  Even cooked egg yolks, as contained in our (Chinese) mid Autumn moon cakes.
I believe there may be a list of travellers names they keep of offenders, so returning back to the country, these people are scrutinized carefully.
There are a whole list somewhere that forbid importation of stuff.  Though, commercial companies can do so. 
My evil conspiracy mind thinks there is a partnership for shippers to do business this way.

Dear Surapon, don't aggregate the customs agents or TSA types.  Be careful what you bring in.  A photo of the sausage is cheaper and garranties entry to the country,  8).
-r

Ha, Ha., Ha, Thanks Dear lion rock.
I love your words "Be careful what you bring in.  A photo of the sausage is cheaper and garranties entry to the country,  "Yes, Yes, Yes.
Surapon

rs

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2013, 04:35:03 PM »
It's more than just the good folk here at CR who find your posts interesting:

http://petapixel.com/2013/12/18/photographer-blower-confiscated-tsa-fly-like-missile/#more-127270
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:42:54 PM by rs »
5D II | 24-70 II | 70-200 II | 100L | 40 | Sigma 50/1.4 | 40D | 10-22 | 17-55 | 580 EX II | 1.4x TC II

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »

http://petapixel.com/2013/12/18/photographer-blower-confiscated-tsa-fly-like-missile/#more-127270

Thanks, Dear Rs.
Thanks for give us see this good link. and Might get me in the Black List  and will have a hard time to fly in- out from our great country USA. again. Now I must use Cruise Ship only, to go around the world.
Thanks.
Surapon

dreambookTV

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2013, 04:15:43 AM »
=D

Don Haines

• Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2013, 07:12:36 AM »

Thanks, Dear Rs.
Thanks for give us see this good link. and Might get me in the Black List  and will have a hard time to fly in- out from our great country USA. again. Now I must use Cruise Ship only, to go around the world.
Thanks.
Surapon

You are now in elite company....

The guy who tried to light his underwear on fire....
The shoe bomber....
Countless people who smuggled guns and knives onto a plane...

and now... the most dangerous of them all..... the guy who wanted to blow the dust off of a camera lens....

You are on the no-fly list now for sure :)
The best camera is the one in your hands

Click

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2013, 07:41:31 AM »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2013, 07:41:31 AM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2013, 08:06:43 AM »

Thanks, Dear Rs.
Thanks.
Surapon

You are now in elite company....

The guy who tried to light his underwear on fire....
The shoe bomber....
Countless people who smuggled guns and knives onto a plane...

and now... the most dangerous of them all..... the guy who wanted to blow the dust off of a camera lens....

You are on the no-fly list now for sure :)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Don, Ha, Ha, Ha----That the most Dangerous man on the airplane, who try to use the Lens Cleaner Blower, to clean all the dust on the seat during the plane is landing, and  before the new set of Passengers come aboard.----Ha, Ha, Ha. I will be on the black list soon.
Surapon.

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2013, 08:09:09 AM »
=D

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear dreambookTV.
Wow, Beautiful Picture ,capture the story teller by a great Graphic Designer like you.
Thanks.
Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2013, 08:10:22 AM »
=D

Hilarious  ;D

Welcome to CR  :)

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear  Click---Yes, Yes, Yes.
Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
Another Link------Ha, Ha, Ha. One of my Friend from Facebook link to me---Thanks.
Enjoy, my friends---But I might be dead very soon, or in the jail some where.
Surapon.

http://diyphotography.net/flying-better-not-take-your-lens-dust-blower-lest-security-mistakes-it-deadly-rocket
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 01:02:42 PM by surapon »

JPAZ

• Canon 7D MK II
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
    • View Profile
Re: My New and Improve GIOTTOS Blower-for safety.
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2013, 02:05:09 PM »
To mirror everyone else here, don't anger those who can make your day a whole lot more difficult.

I was once returning from Hilton Head.  Those of you who have flown there know it is a relatively small airport with only a few flights each day.  I had traveled with a DSLR and some stuff (as we all do) and worked diligently to move dividers around in my backpack to hold what I was bringing on the trip.  Actually, I re-arranged the pack several time until I was happy with the layout and had a great trip.

At the airport, the TSA agent did not like something they saw on the screen.  The agent then proceeded to literally "tear apart" the bag, not just removing the expensive equipment, but ripping all the dividers out of their carefully Velcro'd positions.  I politely offered to help and was met by a glare that only told me to not say another word.  I just stood there with a "pleasant" expression on my face, knowing that I could be subjected to a lot more scrutiny at the whim of the agent.

At the end, I was handed the bin with all the equipment and dividers stuffed in, and had to put my whole pack and kit back together, again.  No explanation was offered.

Ironically, I have had a much simpler and pleasant experience boarding a flight in Tel Aviv, and I suspect they know a thing or two about security at that airport.
5d Mkiii; Eos-M; too many lenses; 430 EXii and a whole lot of stuff

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zeeography (flickr)
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2013, 08:44:48 PM »
Seriously how do the airports find these people? Do they put out an ad in the newspaper like this -

"Airport security staff required, must be insensitive, miserable and generally disliked by the public. Must have vendetta against rocket blowers and other photographic equipment. Minimal communication skills needed. Intelligence preferred but not necessary. Previous experience in customer aggravation welcome. Apply within."
5D II(sold) | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14 2.8 | Sigma 50 1.4

EOS M | 11-22 IS STM | 22 STM | FD 50 1.4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2013, 08:44:48 PM »

Click

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2013, 09:13:52 PM »
Ha Ha Ha  ;D  Thanks for the link Mr.Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2013, 12:46:59 PM »
To mirror everyone else here, don't anger those who can make your day a whole lot more difficult.

I was once returning from Hilton Head.  Those of you who have flown there know it is a relatively small airport with only a few flights each day.  I had traveled with a DSLR and some stuff (as we all do) and worked diligently to move dividers around in my backpack to hold what I was bringing on the trip.  Actually, I re-arranged the pack several time until I was happy with the layout and had a great trip.

At the airport, the TSA agent did not like something they saw on the screen.  The agent then proceeded to literally "tear apart" the bag, not just removing the expensive equipment, but ripping all the dividers out of their carefully Velcro'd positions.  I politely offered to help and was met by a glare that only told me to not say another word.  I just stood there with a "pleasant" expression on my face, knowing that I could be subjected to a lot more scrutiny at the whim of the agent.

At the end, I was handed the bin with all the equipment and dividers stuffed in, and had to put my whole pack and kit back together, again.  No explanation was offered.

Ironically, I have had a much simpler and pleasant experience boarding a flight in Tel Aviv, and I suspect they know a thing or two about security at that airport.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Thanksss, Dear JPAZ----Thanks for good story, But No comments from Me, Because Too close to my Home town, Ha, Ha, Ha----I am in the Black List Now.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2013, 12:46:59 PM »