I have an SX1 and love it dearly. Since it came out many other powershots have come out. I keep waiting, and ::sigh:: what I'd love to see may never happen. But, I think it is worth throwing out valid ideas, and here is a wish list for a SX1 Mk2.
1. A larger CMOS sensor. Not massive, but bigger.
2. The 50 times lens from the SX50, but, bigger diameter, so faster
(yes I know it means bigger and heavier, but if you had that 50x and one stop faster than the SX50 would you care?)
3. A new battery idea. Keep the proprietary battery, but shape it like 4 AA batteries. Now you would be able to put in 4 AA's in a pinch, and still enjoy the power of lithium.
5. Yes, keep my precious remote, but make it just a little bigger, just a little.
6. Keep the 1080p 30fps
7. Give it real threads up front for filters instead of needing an adapter.
8. Put a focusing ring on the lens for manual focusing. It could also kick in manual focusing just by turning the ring.
9. Spend a couple extra bux a camera on packaging that will protect the camera. The paper mache was split on my SX1.
Well that is a sweet wish list. But I'd like to say I'm still thanking Canon for my SX1.