December 07, 2016, 04:05:57 PM

Author Topic: Making your expensive gear look like crap while traveling  (Read 36990 times)

cayenne

• 5DSR
Re: Making your expensive gear look like crap while traveling
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2013, 03:10:57 PM »

Having a gun while hiking in a wild environment has no relation with carrying a gun in a populated place.
So, this is it, you'd prefer to kill rather than be robbed ? To KILL ? To threaten with a GUN ? For a CAMERA !?
I just can't believe what I'm reading.... By carrying that gun you assume that you're ready to kill someone and you're comfortable with that idea ?

Quick answer, yes.

Longer answer, if they hadn't been doing something criminal like that, they'd be in no danger of getting shot by someone defending themselves. If someone is robbing me, I default to thinking I'm in fear also of my life, and given the opportunity, sure...shoot them.
And you are correct, if you carry a gun, you don't shoot to wound or brandish to scare someone, you shoot to kill. If you don't have that mindset, then, you should not carry, and you are more of a danger with gun than without in that case.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2013, 03:10:57 PM »

BL

• Canon 6D
  • Great gear is good. Good technique is better.
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »
this thread is hopelessly off topic.  can it please get locked?
M, 5Dc, 1Dx, some lenses, a few lights

JPAZ

• 1D Mark IV
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »
So no experience with Lenstag, anyone?
5d Mkiii; Eos-M3 and too many lenses; 430 EXii, 430 EXiii-RT and a whole lot of stuff.  Wanna buy my 17-40 my Pro-Optic (Samyang) 14 f/2.8 or my my M1?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »