May 26, 2018, 08:17:09 AM

Author Topic: To Buy Now or Wait?  (Read 2390 times)

Dadof3

  • Canonflex
  • *
  • Posts: 1
To Buy Now or Wait?
« on: December 21, 2013, 09:06:48 AM »
Hello:

As a Father of 3, I'm looking to upgrade my old Rebel XSi, to a new Canon EOS camera. I'm an amateur in every sense of the word and a majority of my shooting (and video), obviously involves my kids and their activities (sports, Dance, etc.)  I've been looking at the new Canon 70D but I've also been following the threads about the potentially new 7D Mark II. I must admit to my gadget disease, the uncontrollable need to have the latest technology, and I've been financially preparing for this purchase, so cost is a secondary issue. The question I have for the masses, do I go with the 70D or will the potential technical features of a 7D Mark II be worth the wait?

Thanks in advance for any input!

 

canon rumors FORUM

To Buy Now or Wait?
« on: December 21, 2013, 09:06:48 AM »

danski0224

  • EOS 5DS R
  • ******
  • Posts: 1069
Re: To Buy Now or Wait?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 09:59:27 AM »
The 7DII is vaporware at this point.

If you like the 70D, buy it and use it.

Sell it later to fund the 7DII (or whatever new name it has) if it is ever released.

Lots of good pictures wasted waiting from now til then otherwise.

Arctic Photo

  • EOS M5
  • ****
  • Posts: 173
Re: To Buy Now or Wait?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 11:04:23 AM »
The 7DII is vaporware at this point.

If you like the 70D, buy it and use it.

Sell it later to fund the 7DII (or whatever new name it has) if it is ever released.

Lots of good pictures wasted waiting from now til then otherwise.
That's about it!

Click

  • Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L
  • ************
  • Posts: 10346
Re: To Buy Now or Wait?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 11:10:55 AM »
The 7DII is vaporware at this point.

If you like the 70D, buy it and use it.

Sell it later to fund the 7DII (or whatever new name it has) if it is ever released.

Lots of good pictures wasted waiting from now til then otherwise.

+1

...And welcome to CR Dadof3  :)

dgatwood

  • EOS 5DS R
  • ******
  • Posts: 922
  • 300D, 400D, 6D
Re: To Buy Now or Wait?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »

I'd probably go with a 6D, personally.  The full-frame cameras' ability to capture photos in poor lighting conditions makes them better choices for casual photography than crop bodies, IMO.  Of course, that would mean giving up any EF-S lenses that you have, so it's definitely a significant leap.

Hjalmarg1

  • EOS 5DS R
  • ******
  • Posts: 765
  • Photo Hobbyist
Re: To Buy Now or Wait?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 11:40:22 PM »
Don't wait ans waste your time. If you want a Canon 70D buy it and enjoy, 70D is an excellent option for entusiasts, as well as the full frame 6D, but with the 6D you will not use your EF-S lenses and you'll need an external flash, since it doesn't have built-in flash.
Body: Canon 5DIII. Primes: 100mm f2.8L IS, 15mm f2.8 & 50mm f1.8 STM. Zoom: 16-35mm f4L IS, 24-70mm f2.8L II & 70-200mm f2.8L IS II + EF 1.4x III TC.
Travel kit: Fujifilm X-T2+ 6 lenses

canon rumors FORUM

Re: To Buy Now or Wait?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 11:40:22 PM »