September 17, 2014, 05:57:54 PM

Author Topic: What a waste of 1-serie camera  (Read 5758 times)

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
Re: What a waste of 1-serie camera
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 08:27:02 PM »
Hi Don.
If the player was stupid enough to deliberately try to destroy the camera he should be facing criminal damage charges not just paying for the damage! If it was a regular joe on the street they would so why not a sports.... I want to say personality, but not sure that is fair to people that do have a personality?

Cheers Graham.

Under normal circumstances I agree with you, but when the fellow comes over and deliberately kicks the camera I have no problem with sending the bill to him.
I think that in this case, since the athlete admits what he did was wrong, offers to replace the camera, and also offers to donate the equivalent value to charity, that justice has been served without use of the courts. Guilt has been determined and a punishment set.
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 08:27:02 PM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 08:38:42 PM »
It's not a 14mm either, it is a 16-35 f2.8. Nit that that matters too much.......
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 11:32:13 PM »
But if your a pro and you put your camera there your taking the risk of something happening to it.  You should not even think of taking money from the guy your making money off of should you?

Under normal circumstances I agree with you, but when the fellow comes over and deliberately kicks the camera I have no problem with sending the bill to him.

don, I didn't get the part that he came over and kicked the camera.  I thought it was a kick of the ball that hit the camera....i wish there was a YouTube of this to see.

old_york

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 03:24:01 AM »
Not quite a vid clip....
But certainly includes a shot from one of the other photogs present, that Richard then used to challenge the player about it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1897543-jake-livermore-broke-expensive-camera-celebrating-hull-goal-pays-back-owner
2 x 5D3;   7D;   24-70,2.8L II;   70-200,2.8L IS II;   100,2.8L IS macro;   20-35,2.8L;   50,1.4;   50,1.8;   40,2.8 STM;   15-85 ef-s;   Sigma 20,1.8;   2 x Speedlite 430EX II;

Stu_bert

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 05:18:44 AM »
The bottom tape seems to be protecting the contacts!? The "Mark Xyz" is usually closer to the lens and it seems to be a 1dx anyway. Would you need to tape the covers to avoid them to open?.... Or worse ...holding together the camera from a previous "attack".
Yup, given the position it is to protect all the interfaces on the 1Dx. It is a 1Dx based on the dual buttons which were introduced with that body. I would guess the photog is being a little cautious given the unpredictable nature of british weather  ;)
If life is all about what you do in the time that you have, then photography is about the pictures you take not the kit that took it. Still it's fun to talk about the kit, present or future :)

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »
Not quite a vid clip....
But certainly includes a shot from one of the other photogs present, that Richard then used to challenge the player about it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1897543-jake-livermore-broke-expensive-camera-celebrating-hull-goal-pays-back-owner

I googled it and found the same article thanks...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »