December 17, 2014, 08:15:44 PM

Author Topic: 5d mk III, the honeymoon is over  (Read 13644 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: 5d mk III, the honeymoon is over
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 09:00:23 PM »
I agree with everyone.  I would add that upS right now is not up to snuff unless they straightend thing out over the weekend.

No kidding- send it Fedex.
I get and send UPS every day with No issues.  Fedex is pretty much equally good.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 09:00:23 PM »

kbmelb

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 12:15:45 AM »
I love UPS because they are consistently awful. I know if I get the alert my package has been delivered and I haven't had a knock at my door I know to check the house at the end of my road that is #520 since my house is #620. It blows me away how often this happens. Even with stuff that says "Signature Required." Amazing!

Valvebounce

• 1D X
  • Still can't use most of it to it's full potential!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 04:25:36 AM »
Hi,
They probably did get a signature, just not your signature! It doesn't say purchasers signature required which is good as it would mean I couldn't stay in and wait for parcels the other half has bought! It may mean that the resident at #520 didn't notice the number, if they had would they not have re-directed the driver to your address?

Cheers Graham

I love UPS because they are consistently awful. I know if I get the alert my package has been delivered and I haven't had a knock at my door I know to check the house at the end of my road that is #520 since my house is #620. It blows me away how often this happens. Even with stuff that says "Signature Required." Amazing!
7D + Grip, 40D + Grip, 20D, EF-S 17-85 Kit lens, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM, EF 2x III, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 C, 50mm f1.8, 550EX some Filters Remotes Macro tubes Tripod heads etc!
20D, BG-E2N, 17-85mm, 50mm are pre loved. :)
(300D Saved a holiday, E-FS 18-55 Cosina 100-300 retired)

Random Orbits

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 08:00:09 AM »

Reroute it and pick it up at the depot instead.

JPAZ

• Canon 7D MK II
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »
I've got UPS "MyChoice" and can direct any delivery to my local UPS store.  It is afe there until I can pick it up.  This eliminates the box outside the front door when nobody is home.......especially boxes with words like B&H or Adorama on them!
5d Mkiii; Eos-M; too many lenses; 430 EXii and a whole lot of stuff

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
I've got UPS "MyChoice" and can direct any delivery to my local UPS store.  It is afe there until I can pick it up.  This eliminates the box outside the front door when nobody is home.......especially boxes with words like B&H or Adorama on them!

I almost always have deliveries go to work – indoor loading dock, always someone to sign for them, and they get brought to my office. But I'm off for 3 weeks over the holidays, so they're coming here.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

JPAZ

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 02:18:23 PM »
Yeah.  Had my 70-200 ii delivered at work because FedEx would not redirect it to a local store.  But, too many people see the stuff there.  I don't worry about any dishonesty.  I just don't want them to know I've spent that kind of $ on something.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 02:18:23 PM »

sagittariansrock

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 03:27:51 PM »
I had a bad experience with UPS recently. It was my new Gitzo from B&H, and it was signature required, and my wife was at home. I come back to see no tripod, and checked status to see 'delivered'. I live in a very secure apartment complex (only doctors and researchers) so I was very surprised as to who else would sign for a large long package clearly not in their name? Called UPS, they said they'd fix it right away- and to their credit they did. I got a call 2 hours later saying the driver had gone back, retrieved the package (from where?) and re delivered it (in my absence, since I was out). It was a bit worrisome, especially since it was a Friday evening and I couldn't even reach B&H.
What worried me most is that the driver delivered it incorrectly in an apartment complex which has clear apartment numbering and where he/she delivers everyday!
EOS 5DIII, EOS 6D | Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, TS-E 17mm f/4L, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 135mm f/2L USM, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM, 1.4x III, 2x III | 600-EX-RT x3 | EOS M + EF-M 22mm f/2

johnrudoff@yahoo.com

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 04:51:12 PM »
Terrific.. I didn't know that anyone else's wife referred to their gear as 'the other girlfriend.' My wife won't even walk the dog with me if I have any gear with me.
And since this came up in this thread ... I cannot speak highly enough of cpsusa. They are my safety-net... get it if you can, it's worth it.
John
5DMkIII, 1Dx, assorted lenses

danski0224

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
    • Some of my Work in Progress
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
Yeah.  Had my 70-200 ii delivered at work because FedEx would not redirect it to a local store.  But, too many people see the stuff there.  I don't worry about any dishonesty.  I just don't want them to know I've spent that kind of $ on something.

The declared value of an item can limit your (the receiver) options for re-routing packages- UPS and FedEx.

Sometimes, delivery options can only be changed by the shipper.

Next time, call the shipper and have them re-route the package.
Some of my Work in Progress..... www.dftimages.com

Random Orbits

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 07:09:21 PM »

I almost always have deliveries go to work – indoor loading dock, always someone to sign for them, and they get brought to my office. But I'm off for 3 weeks over the holidays, so they're coming here.

Apple products or consumer stuff delivered to work magically "disappear."  iPads someone ordered for a project were "lost" that way. 

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 07:12:54 PM »

Apple products or consumer stuff delivered to work magically "disappear."  iPads someone ordered for a project were "lost" that way.

I guess I am lucky.... I work on a secure site where the company vehicles are all left in the parking lot with the keys in the ignition.
The best camera is the one in your hands

acoll123

• EOS M2
  • /
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 08:49:04 PM »
I vaguely remember getting an err 20 with my 5DIII when using a Lexar CF card about a year ago. Switched to Sandisk and have not had any problems since. Same thing with my 1DIV at the same time (while shooting basketball). Again, returning the Lexar card and replacing with Sandisk solved the problem.

My two cents.

Andy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 08:49:04 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 09:39:50 PM »

It would suck to work somewhere where you can't trust your coworkers.  :( 

I get everything from $1.30 coin cell batteries to $13,000 Canon lenses delivered reliably to my office, assuming the carrier drops them off at the loading dock.  The only time a shipper claimed delivery but I didn't receive the package, it was a Lowepro Toploader Pro 70 AW that I'd ordered from Amazon, and they used Lasership to deliver it.  For those who know Lasership, I likely don't need to explain (inaccurate online tracking, random delivery people, no uniform, unmarked vehicles pulling into your driveway, etc.).   After 3 business days with an intervening weekend of back and forth with their customer service – it was delivered on time...it was delivered a day late and at 8 pm (when the building is all locked up??), someone signed for it, sorry, no proof of that), they contacted Amazon and credited me.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

JPAZ

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 09:56:36 PM »
I guess the Amazon delivery issues will get better with the Drones?

Where I live the local Amazon shipper at least has marked vehicles but the tend to just drop the package off outside my gate (we have a small courtyard in front of the door) often at late hours like 9pm.  Were it not for the dog barking when the delivery guy drops the box off, we'd not know until the following day it was even there.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 09:56:36 PM »