October 24, 2014, 11:52:31 AM

Author Topic: Easy & Cheap LED light for EOS-M  (Read 2714 times)

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
Re: Easy & Cheap LED light for EOS-M
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 03:50:06 PM »
Mr Surapon,

Really like your setup. Would these LED light work well for Video shooting?

If you're in an area where you can completely control the light (no ambient or other such as florescent) then it'd be very easy to use those, just set the white balance on the camera properly before shooting and things should be good. It's when you have different light sources that you'll have to worry about, possibly using corrective gels in order to match and get the same light everywhere. Or don't if that's the affect you want. However most LED panels except for the high end stuff will change their color temperature as you dial up/down the power, so you may also have to correct for that unless you always use them at the same, or set them all to max and use ND gels to cut down the light output.

Dear Friend Mr. Drizzt321
Thanksssss for your Advice, Yes, The Cheapo LED Light Panel , when we dim, The K degree color are get warmer color, Not Day light any more. That Why, 95% of the time that I use This Cheapo LED Light Panel, I use 100%  power at 5400K, Yes, They come with 3 Colors Plastic Thick Sheet to put on top of Light too, But I never use these Color Gels.
Thanks again, Sir---Have a great weekend.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 03:50:06 PM »

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »
Surapon, you pushed me over the edge.  Just got the M and two lenses plus EF lens adapter.  Ordered fotodiox grip today.  Something I will have fun with when I'm not out sitting in a blind waiting for an eagle to come my way.

One thing that people need to be careful of when using led panels is the LED flicker when shooting video.  Not all led suffer from it but if it is only half phase AC powered instead of converted to DC power internally, they will blink at 60 cycles or 50 depending on where you live.  Cheap LED panels are only using transformed AC.  Maybe cheapo battery powered is a way to go.

Some of the high end LED actually use phosfor  which helps to reduce the flicker...same as used in CF bulbs.

Just something to watch out for when using LED lighting.

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 09:16:37 AM »
Surapon, you pushed me over the edge.  Just got the M and two lenses plus EF lens adapter.  Ordered fotodiox grip today.  Something I will have fun with when I'm not out sitting in a blind waiting for an eagle to come my way.

One thing that people need to be careful of when using led panels is the LED flicker when shooting video.  Not all led suffer from it but if it is only half phase AC powered instead of converted to DC power internally, they will blink at 60 cycles or 50 depending on where you live.  Cheap LED panels are only using transformed AC.  Maybe cheapo battery powered is a way to go.

Some of the high end LED actually use phosfor  which helps to reduce the flicker...same as used in CF bulbs.

Just something to watch out for when using LED lighting.

THANKS, Dear Friend East Wind.
Welcome to EOS-M Club with Best Grip Potodiox---One of my Best Toy, Portable Camera that I have so far, and With me on my Belt 95%  of my time.
Thanks for the Trick How to watch the Flicker if  use Cheap LED Panels with the 120 Volts AC. Power.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon

PS, Please go to the link below to see my LED Lighting Rig

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=19010.msg355737#new
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:26:16 AM by surapon »

jsiras

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 04:47:01 AM »
Drizzt321 and Surapon,

Thanks for your comment.
 ;)
Photographer and Videographer: Just for fun :)

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 07:58:53 AM »
Drizzt321 and Surapon,

Thanks for your comment.
 ;)

Dear jsiras.
You are welcome----We/ All of Great CR Members just share their Expertise and their great  tricks to us , to learn the new IDEAS in every time that we read the posts.
Have a great Tuesday.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 07:58:53 AM »