December 21, 2014, 11:05:57 AM

Author Topic: Types of Photographers (Seinfeld Edition)  (Read 7850 times)

Efka76

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Re: Types of Photographers (Seinfeld Edition)
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 06:05:54 AM »
Thanks Mackguyver for such funny thread! I am still laughing :D
Gripped EOS 7D | EF 50 1.4 USM | EF 70-200 2.8L IS II USM | EF 100 2.8L IS USM | Tamron SP 24-70 2.8 | EF-S 18-135 mm | 580 EXII | ThinkTank Retrospective 30

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 06:05:54 AM »

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 08:32:25 AM »
Thanks you sir, Dear Mackguyver and all friends, You made my beautiful  Saturday morning to day= Fill with smile, Laugh and Happyness to read great post like this. Yes, Human life are too short, The Smile, Laugh and Happyness in every days will make our life happy and  live  longer, plus have a great meaning to live, Yes, Because of Closed Great Friends near by, Are better than Our relative are live far away.,
Have a happy holiday, and may all  Gods in this world and Lord Buddha Blessing you and your family to have a great health and get all the good wishes that you want in this coming year 2014---That Include getting  1DS MK IV,  3D,  7D MK II and EOS-M MK II.
Surapon, Your friend.

SPL

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2013, 08:58:23 AM »
Thanks you sir, Dear Mackguyver and all friends, You made my beautiful  Saturday morning to day= Fill with smile, Laugh and Happyness to read great post like this. Yes, Human life are too short, The Smile, Laugh and Happyness in every days will make our life happy and  live  longer, plus have a great meaning to live, Yes, Because of Closed Great Friends near by, Are better than Our relative are live far away.,
Have a happy holiday, and may all  Gods in this world and Lord Buddha Blessing you and your family to have a great health and get all the good wishes that you want in this coming year 2014---That Include getting  1DS MK IV,  3D,  7D MK II and EOS-M MK II.
Surapon, Your friend.
+1!
you also Surapon!

Efka76

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2013, 09:08:17 AM »
Surapon,

you forgot to mention 5D MkIV :D I am waiting for this model, which will have excellent DR, high MP and will beat Nikon :) Of course such camera should be much cheaper than 1 series cameras :)

Greetings to everyone!
Gripped EOS 7D | EF 50 1.4 USM | EF 70-200 2.8L IS II USM | EF 100 2.8L IS USM | Tamron SP 24-70 2.8 | EF-S 18-135 mm | 580 EXII | ThinkTank Retrospective 30

surapon

• 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2013, 10:07:24 AM »
Ha, Ha, Ha---Thankssss, Dear Spl and Efka 76.
Sorry, 5D MK IV will not come yet this coming 2014, Because Canon Still sell 5D MK III like the hot cake, We can see in the far future if Canon 5D MK III price drop to $ 1700 US Dollars, That will be the sign that The New 5D MK IV is comming soon---Similar to EOS-M Price drop from $699 to $ 299---Yes, I will fly to Japan soon, to get EOS-M MK II Which sell only Japan and Asia.
Nice to talk to you Both.
Happy Holiday.
Surapon

Boyer U. Klum-Cey

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 01:23:06 PM »
Well played, Mr. Mackguyver!
All theories are wrong, but some are useful, eh?

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
I am of Slavic descent (Russian in particular), so the Latvian one intrigued me...

AFAIK, I wouldn't really call Latvia Slavic per se at all and the Latvian language speakers were not really of Slavic descent. I know many in the U.S. seem to think of Latvia as some sort of Eastern European and Russian land, but that's basically a total misconception simply because the U.S.S.R. was occupying the country recently and the whole Eastern Block/Western Block thing. Latvia is Western/Northern European and more tied to Germany/Sweden/Norway, if anything, and really not so much Eastern European and it really had nothing to do with Russia whatsoever. The culture and vibe really was not Russian at all, but much more like Northern Europe or Germany. The alphabet is a modified western (modern Latin) one, not Cyrillic. The language retains more archaic forms than most other Indo-European ones still around.

I mean the U.S.S.R. took control of Latvia for a few decades post WWII since they wanted the nice sea port on the Baltic and all but that was basically the Russian connection, that the lands got taken over and occupied by force for a few decades (1940-1941 and 1945-1991), although the population is about 30% of Slavic decent currently now.

(and getting back to the Seinfeld episode, the whole big thing with the Latvian Orthodox church was 100% totally made up and somewhat ridiculous (granted most things on Seinfeld are ridiculous), yes the Slavic countries were almost all Orthodox or Catholic, but Latvia is not and it's mostly Lutheran and I hate to say it but basically not a single Latvian thing in the episode is even remotely Latvianish at all)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:14:05 PM by LetTheRightLensIn »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2013, 09:38:05 PM »
I am of Slavic descent (Russian in particular), so the Latvian one intrigued me...

AFAIK, I wouldn't really call Latvia Slavic per se at all and the Latvian language speakers were not really of Slavic descent. I know many in the U.S. seem to think of Latvia as some sort of Eastern European and Russian land, but that's basically a total misconception simply because the U.S.S.R. was occupying the country recently and the whole Eastern Block/Western Block thing. Latvia is Western/Northern European and more tied to Germany/Sweden/Norway, if anything, and really not so much Eastern European and it really had nothing to do with Russia whatsoever. The culture and vibe really was not Russian at all, but much more like Northern Europe or Germany. The alphabet is a modified western (modern Latin) one, not Cyrillic. The language retains more archaic forms than most other Indo-European ones still around.

I mean the U.S.S.R. took control of Latvia for a few decades post WWII since they wanted the nice sea port on the Baltic and all but that was basically the Russian connection, that the lands got taken over and occupied by force for a few decades (1940-1941 and 1945-1991), although the population is about 30% of Slavic decent currently now.

(and getting back to the Seinfeld episode, the whole big thing with the Latvian Orthodox church was 100% totally made up and somewhat ridiculous (granted most things on Seinfeld are ridiculous), yes the Slavic countries were almost all Orthodox or Catholic, but Latvia is not and it's mostly Lutheran and I hate to say it but basically not a single Latvian thing in the episode is even remotely Latvianish at all)

Latvians here substitute for generic Slav. Do not hate! :) Remember, from the Russian standpoint, all East Europe is Slavic!! (Or should be...)

Also, the 7D is a far more Russian style camera of use. Imagine, Hitler's troops, if cameras were guns (as the Youtube videos seem to show sometimes). They would be using 1DX's and even medium format SLR's. Stalin's men would have had to have slugged it with 7D's, a mixed hand full of Rebels, and sigma and Tamron lenses.
What is truth?

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »

Latvians here substitute for generic Slav. Do not hate! :) Remember, from the Russian standpoint, all East Europe is Slavic!! (Or should be...)

Also, the 7D is a far more Russian style camera of use. Imagine, Hitler's troops, if cameras were guns (as the Youtube videos seem to show sometimes). They would be using 1DX's and even medium format SLR's. Stalin's men would have had to have slugged it with 7D's, a mixed hand full of Rebels, and sigma and Tamron lenses.

OK, ok, yes, but Latvia is northern European and didn't particularly tie-in to Russian culture at all (not that it really matters) but I mean come on to somehow tie in Latvians with Stalin and his army??? Stalin sent tons of Latvians to death camps in Siberia. You might as well say that Hitler and his armies were French if you are going to start making associations like that then. And that blue substitutes generically for green.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:51:21 AM by LetTheRightLensIn »

Roo

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »
Definitely crying out for some 'Poppy's sloppy' and 'they're real and they're spectacular!' references in this thread :D
5Diii, 60D,GoPro Hero 4, Canon 24-105L, Canon 70-200 2.8L is II, Samyang 14 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 vcd, Tamron 90 macro, Tamron 150-600

mackguyver

• Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2013, 08:00:55 AM »
I'm happy to hear that you guys are enjoying some of my humor from last week - sometimes you just have to have fun!

Definitely crying out for some 'Poppy's sloppy' and 'they're real and they're spectacular!' references in this thread :D
Per your request (and a bonus):

The Old Man - he shoots with the forgotten EOS-1D because his new 1DX was stolen the Van Buren Boys.  He had an antique Kwanon, but it was also stolen, but some "street tuffs" wearing AIDS ribbons.  He got into an argument with a CR member over the DR and low noise superiority of Sony sensors.  He left, saying, Life is too short to waste on DxO Mark Results."  He recently posted some shots from his new Zeiss Otus lens, and after being accused of fake results and oversharpening, he declared that they were, "Real and spectacular!"

The Heiress - she can afford any gear she wants, but shoots with the EOS-M because there are no pockets in her Gatsby Swingtop.  Her looks could stop traffic, but after working with the Hipster Doofus on an embarrassing Christmas card, she prefers to stay behind the camera.  Her sensor became dusty, but she just bought a new body, saying that the old one wasn't "sponge-worthy".  She was last seen in her house in the Hamptons, lounging in her solarium and taking pictures of her two horses, Snoopy and Prickly Pete.

The Loser - he lusts over the latest gear, but shoots with a silver T3.  He had a short-lived modelling career but after his topless shots turned on the wrong "team", not that there's anything wrong with that, he tried more modest hand modelling.  He was not "master of his domain", however, and his deformed hands now require him to have cub scouts push the shutter button.  He tried to shoot a Frolf with Pentax, but it didn't take.
Future plans include a photo book on Portuguese waitresses.

Roo

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 07:23:15 AM »
I'm happy to hear that you guys are enjoying some of my humor from last week - sometimes you just have to have fun!

Per your request (and a bonus):

The Old Man - he shoots with the forgotten EOS-1D because his new 1DX was stolen the Van Buren Boys.  He had an antique Kwanon, but it was also stolen, but some "street tuffs" wearing AIDS ribbons.  He got into an argument with a CR member over the DR and low noise superiority of Sony sensors.  He left, saying, Life is too short to waste on DxO Mark Results."  He recently posted some shots from his new Zeiss Otus lens, and after being accused of fake results and oversharpening, he declared that they were, "Real and spectacular!"

The Heiress - she can afford any gear she wants, but shoots with the EOS-M because there are no pockets in her Gatsby Swingtop.  Her looks could stop traffic, but after working with the Hipster Doofus on an embarrassing Christmas card, she prefers to stay behind the camera.  Her sensor became dusty, but she just bought a new body, saying that the old one wasn't "sponge-worthy".  She was last seen in her house in the Hamptons, lounging in her solarium and taking pictures of her two horses, Snoopy and Prickly Pete.

The Loser - he lusts over the latest gear, but shoots with a silver T3.  He had a short-lived modelling career but after his topless shots turned on the wrong "team", not that there's anything wrong with that, he tried more modest hand modelling.  He was not "master of his domain", however, and his deformed hands now require him to have cub scouts push the shutter button.  He tried to shoot a Frolf with Pentax, but it didn't take.
Future plans include a photo book on Portuguese waitresses.

Thanks mackguyver!  Your take on it didn't disappoint lol.  Btw I won a contest;)
5Diii, 60D,GoPro Hero 4, Canon 24-105L, Canon 70-200 2.8L is II, Samyang 14 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 vcd, Tamron 90 macro, Tamron 150-600

TeenTog

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Teen Tog
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »
I can completely relate to all of these, being 14 I'm pretty sure I know one of each.......... there's going to be a biiiig generational gap of photographers in 20 years
Rebel T3, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6, EF 50mm f/1.8, 430EX II, Nikon EL 2, Assorted Nikkor primes

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »

RGomezPhotos

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • Ricardo Gomez Photography
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »
How about "The Kitty"? They are a new photographer and walk around photography meet-ups timidly. They finally gain the courage to ask a more experienced and accomplished photographer their honest opinion on the Kitty's latest masterpiece. No matter how nice the pro is, the Kitty is crushed and will forever scowl the pro.
EOS 5D MKII & 50D, Zeiss 50mm f1.4
www.ricardogomezphotography.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »