Is this limited to teresterial or can it include airplane races? The Red Bull Air Race World Championship is coming to Texas and I could use some tips.
All motorsports are ok for me.
As for tips, I am no specialist in plane photography, (some are found on that other topic http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=18673.0
) but what I know is that :
- If shooting against a bright sky, you should use either spot metering on the plane or exposure compensation (+2/3 to +1 1/2 should do the trick I think) to tell the metering not to be fooled by the sky's brightness.
- If there is landscape and/or other structures showing, using slow shutter speeds and panning (yes again, I know) can help convey a feeling of speed.
- Don't use very fast shutter speeds as these freeze the propeller motion and make the planes look a bit distressed... I think the low hundredths should be fine but try it out to check.
- Red Bull Air Race = try do take some general ambiance pictures and images of sideshows.
- Post your images for our delight.