July 23, 2014, 08:19:43 PM

Author Topic: The New EOS [CR3]  (Read 55451 times)

h-kon

Re: The New EOS [CR3]
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2011, 05:33:51 AM »
Well, I still think it|s a new 1D series body. Check out the similarities:

Nikon:
D3/D3s - Full frame, high speed(9fps), high ISO, 12mp, pro body
D3x - full frame, low speed, low ISO, 24mp, pro body

In similar, Canons new line might be:
1DV - full frame, high speed (12fps), high ISO, 18mp, pro body
1DVs (or whatever it will be called) - full frame, low speed, high iso, 36mp, pro body

What I'm trying to say here, is that Nikons D3x is their counterpart of Canons 1Ds. If Nikon found a market for a 1Ds-like camera, I guess Canon won't leave this market to them. I don't think we see an amalgamation of the two 1D-cameras, but only that the 1D V is a full frame one.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2011, 05:33:51 AM »

mreco99

« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2011, 06:34:57 AM »
Its Monday today, tuesday is apparently the announcement day. I am staggered there are no details leaked already.

How the hell do canon manage to keep 100's of employees and any outside contacts, from leaking some info. I know about NDAs and all that but, a leak is just that an anonomous leak of information, by someone noone can pin anything on.

Either that or nothings being announced tomorrow :-)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:47:14 AM by mreco99 »

Antiheld

« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2011, 07:07:51 AM »
Its Monday today, tuesday is apparently the announcement day. I am staggered there are no details leaked already.

How the hell do canon manage to keep 100's of employees and any outside contacts, from leaking some info. I know about NDAs and all that but, a leak is just that an anonomous leak of information, by someone noone can pin anything on.

If the people from Canon that know what's going on are few enough, there is never a point where an anonymous leak could take place. I guess they won't tell anything to their usual employees - only the highrollers will know it. And of course these are few - and that's why there are almost no leaks.

Which also makes that whole rumor-thing way funnier and more interesting, I think. :o)

entertainer

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2011, 08:09:53 AM »
I read:  ‎"Dear Editor,There has been much rumors and discussion among avid photographers, all eagerly anticipating news on the new EOS model. On behalf of Canon Marketing (M*******), we are excited to invite you and / or your journalist to witness the global launch of the new EOS model. For the first time in history, we will be announcing the arrival of our flagship model at the same time as the rest of the world including Tokyo! So make sure you join us on this momentous occasion."

It is for tomorrow. Hence, we could expect it in 12-18 hours.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »

[points to first post]  That's about as leaky as you can expect without someone making up stuff (see every 3rd rumor over the last few months) or Canon trying to save money on press conferences by 'playing telephone' over the internet.

At this point, there's no reason to 'bring anyone in on the secret' until the last minute, so it makes perfect sense that no news is coming out.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

mreco99

« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2011, 09:05:37 AM »
I think its more than just high rollers that know anything. Someone has to build parts for prototypes, make drawings, get marketing ready weeks before the anouncement etc etc. Hats off to Canon, they run a tight ship.

Doodah

« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »
I think its more than just high rollers that know anything. Someone has to build parts for prototypes, make drawings, get marketing ready weeks before the anouncement etc etc. Hats off to Canon, they run a tight ship.

Darn right, you are!

Then again, nothing may happen tomorrow save a few printers or point & shoot. LOL.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »

surfing_geek

« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »

I got told everyone gets locked in the building and they pull the phone lines til they've done the announcement.  They do provide bread and water though ;)

Bateman75

« Reply #173 on: October 17, 2011, 09:27:47 AM »
What time is the announcement? I just wondering if i will wake up to the news or if i will have to wait for them.

I live in mainland europe.

I found out that in Singapore its now Monday 21:30 And in europe its 1530 so chances are that early tomorrow its time to see what canon has up there sleve
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:33:17 AM by Bateman75 »

Redreflex

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2011, 10:57:39 AM »

Agree. Somewhat odd isn't it, particularly as it's slated for a multi-continent same-day announcement?

DarkKnightNine

• EOS M2
  • The best camera is the one that's with you.
    • View Profile
    • Marven Payne Creative Visuals
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2011, 11:06:09 AM »
Well, I won't be buying a 18mpx full frame camera. Just not going to happen. I'm sure it'll be great for wedding photogs. It's going to be much less useful for studio, sports, and landscape shooters.

I've said before and I'll repeat. This makes very little sense to me.

So how is 12 FPS and 61 AF points "less useful" for sports? 

Sports photographers (Pros) use their 1D MK IV cameras along with their 400mm f/2.8 lenses. 

All of a sudden, they will need a 520mm f/2.8 lens to get the same field of view, or crop to a 10MP image rather than the 16mp image they now have once again to get the same field of view.

I'd say that would be less useful for them.

As a photographer who does shoot sports/events, I think we would rather have a camera that could perform well in low light situations i.e. FF rather than the extended range of 1.3 or 1.6 cropped sensor. Low light performance = faster shutter speed. Faster shutter speed = greater percentage of usable shots and at 10-12fps, it would be a godsend. Usable shots are what we get paid for, not how far away we can frame the action.
Canon 1DX, Canon 5D Mark III, EF 85mm F1.2L II USM, EF 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM, EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM, 600EX-RT Speedlites, Profoto Studio Strobes, and a whole lot of boat load of light modifiers.

AlicoatePhotography

« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »
From past release watching.  This seems like a bust for an SLR being announced.  There are usually some photos of parts from manufacturing, released photos from a foreign website, or just more chatter in general.  Seems unlikely.  I am hoping to be proved wrong.  These seem to come out Tuesday morning at midnight NY time.  I will be watching DP review and Canon USA at that time.  Why, I don't really know, it could wait till the morning I guess.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »
From past release watching.  This seems like a bust for an SLR being announced.  There are usually some photos of parts from manufacturing...

If the rumor that availability won't be until March 2012 is correct, they likely wouldn't need to start the production line QC until after the announcement...
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »

Cannon Man

« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2011, 12:03:30 PM »
To me an 18mp full frame 1d camera would be useless or not a wise step to replace the 1ds III and if it will not replace it how many years will we have to wait for a new studio camera?? To me this all seems fishy.. I quess tomorrow we'll find out if this was all bs os not.

nikkito

• 7D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2011, 12:17:03 PM »
i might have entered this website around 30 times today waiting for an update that never comes :( :P
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2011, 12:17:03 PM »