December 19, 2014, 10:20:42 AM

Author Topic: BushHawk shoulder mount  (Read 5613 times)

macroman1

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: BushHawk shoulder mount
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 11:02:44 PM »
Update (sorry to dominate the conversation).
Chris, thanks again for your timely reminder about bandolier pouches.  ;D
It got me thinking about big game fishing and the belts they wear. I'm not a fisherman, but looking at the images of their gear, I cobbled together a variation which in static test situations (as opposed to panning racing machinery) seems to be giving me a good advantage over straight hand-holding (at 420mm FF including 1.4x on Sig 120-300 S). I'm using a water bottle belt which has a pocket that the base of my Manfrotto monopod slots into, and a Chinese-made ball head, loosely tightened (if that's not an oxymoron). I think I will visit a fishing tackle shop to look at cushioned rod bases which might help the comfort factor.
Anyway, it's certainly worth taking to the Ferrari Festival next weekend for the acid test! What have I got to lose?

But I'm not giving up on my quest for a BushHawk yet.  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 11:02:44 PM »

NWxSW

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »
Macroman,

Also a first time poster, long time reader.

My Bush Hawk set-up (double handle, Rebel series trigger cord) is gathering dust under my bed as I hung up my bird photography spurs and moved into less demanding ranges of subject matter. The quick release is a Manfrotto 357/PL.

PM me if you're interested in taking it off my hands- I'd rather put it in the hands of someone who will use it and appreciate it over fleabay.

capturedwilderness

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 03:20:36 PM »
Bushhawk USA is temporarily down however, for those interested in purchasing, Bushhawk is still open for business through their European office and they will ship to the USA for a very reasonable shipping fee.

The web site for purchasing their products is as follows:

http://bushhawk-europe.com/shop/

I recently purchased the Canon Eos shutter release/trigger cable for the Bushhawk shoulder mount and, even though it came from France, the shipping was only $7 and it took around 3 days to get here to Michigan.

I hope this helps.

Macroman1 it seems that Bushhawk is gone, or going out of business.  Too bad, but there are creative alternatives for big lenses and heavy cameras....

macroman1

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »
Thanks - I managed to source a full Pro Kit (incl Arca-style QR) from Japan at a very good price. They don't ship outside Japan, so had to contract an import/export agent, but still came out waaay cheaper than the European options. They wanted Euro100 just for the shipping! I've also established how to make my own shutter release cables for it by cannibalising a cheap wired remote shutter plus 3.5mm stereo right angled plugs - about $10 US. :-)
I'm loving the BushHawk - it's ideal for tracking fast-moving racing cars, as I'd hoped, and I'm getting a fair percentage more keepers (over 1000 from my last day's outing). (Helps keep my 1D-X + Sigma S 120-300 2.8 + Canon 1.4III steady.)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »