November 26, 2014, 01:41:34 AM

Author Topic: Will Canon Answer the D4s? [CR2]  (Read 47365 times)

KT

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: Will Canon Answer the D4s? [CR2]
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 07:52:52 PM »
Honestly, I believe the only benefit the D4S owners will see is an improved video functionality to bring it on par with the D1X, an improved AF performance, which Canon already addressed with the 1D x firmware version 2.03, and higher FPS, for whatever it's worth, once again to bring it up to speed to the 1D X, all for a price comparable to the 1D X. Basically closing the gap to the 1D X 2 years after Canon released their flagship.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 07:52:52 PM »

pdirestajr

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 07:57:10 PM »
IMHO, Canon doesn't need to compete with Nikon, and why should it?
Nikon can continue to produce whatever they like... if you like what they have... please go to Nikon.

Canon has nothing to prove...
They can't afford to cough up a brand new camera every year.... and if they do its going to be Rebel.
If you can afford a camera every year, then you can afford to jump between brands every year.

Fact is... Canon released the 1DX, 5D Mark 3 and the 6D, 2 years ago.
They also released the 70D last year...

May be a 7D mark II is on the way, but they don't owe us anything... so don't expect it.

Totally agree. What is the rush for new cameras? Are there really that many Canon photographers out there being severely limited by what Canon currently offers? I just don't understand the need to upgrade camera gear so often. I'd rather have that cash for other things, no?
7D | 5DII | EOS-3 | Nikon F3 | Mamiya 645 Pro-TL

WillT

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • Forge Mountain Photography
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 08:11:40 PM »
Waiting for them to answer the D800...

If they want to keep up in pro and prosumer market they better start innovating.

Vincent_F

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 08:23:26 PM »
They already have with the Canon 1D X version 2.0! And don't speculate on a camera that you don't even have any of its specs, so far we have just seen pictures that are meaningless - with the exception of the small "s" next to the 4!

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »
Patience patience.. When literally every other company other than Canon is producing some top of the line bodies and lenses.. (minus Nikon)   ::)   I still have my bank in Canon.  I'm sure they'll blow all competition away very soon.  -let's be optimistic-  ;)
Oh thank god!! The EOS T6i with an improved 18MB APS-c sensor is finally here!

I'm thinking 20.2MP sensor for the T6i.
I think they could just stop with the rebel series.  After the t3i, I don't care anymore tbh.
Yes I agree please stop with the rebels enough already!!!! 7D II would be nice maybe a 14-24mm 2.8 glass or another 1 series???
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-105mm 70-200mm 2.8 Non IS, 100-400mm 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580EX II, 600EX-RT

ME

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 08:40:16 PM »
<div name=\"googleone_share_1\" style=\"position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;\"><g:plusone size=\"tall\" count=\"1\" href=\"http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=15482\"></g:plusone></div><div style=\"float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;\"><a href=\"https://twitter.com/share\" class=\"twitter-share-button\" data-count=\"vertical\" data-url=\"http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=15482\">Tweet</a></div>
<p>Nikon’s extremely vague development announcement of the <a href=\"http://nikonrumors.com/2014/01/06/nikon-announces-the-development-of-the-nikon-d4s-camera.aspx/\" target=\"_blank\">D4s body at CES 2014</a> has sparked the wrath of Canonites wondering when Canon is going to move beyond <a href=\"http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/01/canon-powershot-n100-official/\" target=\"_blank\">selfie technology based cameras</a>.</p>
<p>Lets be clear first, Nikon hasn’t actually released any solid specs or descriptions of the technology in the new body.</p>
<p>We’re told by a longtime source that Canon is indeed still in the game and has some “groundbreaking” camera bodies coming in 2014. Canon will take a different approach at the Sochi games and have test bodies out there without the development announcement. Canon plans to make a “big splash” at the World Cup in Brazil in the spring.</p>
<p>An array of lenses an 3 prosumer/professional DSLR’s are coming in 2014. Along with a host of Cinema EOS products in April.</p>
<p>Patience appears to be the key for the Canon photographer….</p>
<p><strong><span style=\"color: #ff0000;\">c</span>r</strong></p>

I am not very patient, but have to wait anyway because of a lack of funds for photography :'(
5DII,50D,Canon|Sigma|Zeiss|Samyang|LENSES
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iveseenthelight/

Busted Knuckles

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 08:45:10 PM »
Wasn't Canon releasing a white SLR 1 camera?
That's the answer to the D4s  ::)

ooouuuu a white 1dx!! now that would be really cool  :o

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 08:45:10 PM »

Orangutan

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 08:55:11 PM »
Waiting for them to answer the D800...

If they want to keep up in pro and prosumer market they better start innovating.

It's amazing how often this fallacy comes up on this site (and probably others)

1. Companies are in business to make money
2. The 5D3 is selling much better than the D800 (and presumably generating more profit)
3. Therefore, Canon has no incentive to invest money into upgrades for that price segment.

That's really all there is to it.

I know there are a lot of people who want camera makers to think of their products the way master winemakers think of their products, to continually strive to put everything they have into each new revision.   Unfortunately, that cuts into profit and future R&D, and is therefore bad for the long-term health of the business.

Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, et al are in business to make money.  They will bring products to market that they believe will do that.  Canon has been quite successful at this, Nikon less so.

If you want to tell Canon that their supposedly inferior sensors are costing them customers, their corporate reports will tell you that you are mistaken.

If you want better camera bodies from Canon, then you need to hope that Nikon produces true competitors to Canon's lineup.

Orangutan

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 08:57:27 PM »
Yes I agree please stop with the rebels enough already!!!! 7D II would be nice maybe a 14-24mm 2.8 glass or another 1 series???

Profits from Rebel sales subsidize the R&D for the 7D2 and 1-series cameras. 

9VIII

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »
I'm glad the article is a CR2, previously we've heard little in the way of news specifying that a 7D2 or 1Dxs would actually come out this year. At least now we can be fairly certain of at least one of the two becoming a reality.

The long periods of time between the release of Canon cameras isn't a big deal as long as they're consistent. Even if they only made one new camera every five years, as long as you know the next camera will blow your socks off you won't mind having something that seems outdated for a little while.
-100% RAW-

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2014, 09:29:09 PM »

I'm not asking them to stop producing it, I'm asking them to stop renumbering it.   The T3i is a fine little camera.......but what has changed except the number?

Its marketing.  The consumer wants the latest and greatest.  Its just like Automobiles, they make the same basic car for 5 years, but during each of those 5 years they gets a new model number and a handful of cosmetic changes.   

Nikon has started taking a page from Canon's book, since they see that it works for consumer cameras, surely Pro's will go for it as well..  Next year we will See the D4X with a couple of minor changes.  Some buyers will flock to get that one too, after all, it is the latest thing.

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2014, 10:48:57 PM »

I'm not asking them to stop producing it, I'm asking them to stop renumbering it.   The T3i is a fine little camera.......but what has changed except the number?

Its marketing.  The consumer wants the latest and greatest.  Its just like Automobiles, they make the same basic car for 5 years, but during each of those 5 years they gets a new model number and a handful of cosmetic changes.   

Nikon has started taking a page from Canon's book, since they see that it works for consumer cameras, surely Pro's will go for it as well..  Next year we will See the D4X with a couple of minor changes.  Some buyers will flock to get that one too, after all, it is the latest thing.

Nikon has been doing 's' and 'x' variants of its D# cameras for quite some time (the 'h' models appear to have died.)

The D4x (or D4X) will likely be a D4 with the D800's 36MP sensor (or better).

RGomezPhotos

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • Ricardo Gomez Photography
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2014, 10:59:01 PM »
Canon doesn't have to answer the D4s. It needs to answer the D800(e).

Both the 1DX and D4 are incredible cameras in every way. So if the D4s is a little better. That's nice. Canon doesn't have to worry about that. No person who owns a 1DX and everything associated with it is going to sell their gear for a slight improvement from Nikon. And that goes for both manufacturer's user bases. It's not going to happen. At least not with Pros and REAL photographers.
EOS 5D MKII & 50D, Zeiss 50mm f1.4
www.ricardogomezphotography.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2014, 10:59:01 PM »

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2014, 11:04:01 PM »
I wonder too what about this is CR2.
New cameras and lenses being announced in 2014? Would that not be CR3??

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »
Canon doesn't have to answer the D4s. It needs to answer the D800(e).

No, they really don't. The 5DIII was the answer, and it has outsold the D800 and far outsold the D800E.

I still think it's possible we'll see a high MP sensor from Canon in the future, not as an 'answer' but rather to capture a part of the market they feel may be untapped.  But we'll only see that if Canon feels there's enough of a market for it.  I wonder if the D800 sales might be pointing them in another direction...
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »