September 01, 2014, 11:20:18 AM

Author Topic: Canon to Haul Capacity Back Home as Yen Continues Slide  (Read 3315 times)

lilmsmaggie

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Canon to Haul Capacity Back Home as Yen Continues Slide
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 06:02:19 PM »
Wealth, buying power, production is what lifts all boats in a rising tide of industrial progress. Don't fall for the class warfare BS. We don't live in feudal times where the rich and powerful pillage the poor.

No.  They just under-pay them or outsource to a country with a cheaper labor pool. 

I see this as a mixed blessing.  It (increase use of robotics) will help Canon's bottomline and therefore its profits but may have an adverse affect on its population most likely in the short term.   Yokohama, Nagoya and Tokyo rank in the top 20 for the most expensive cities in the world. 

Long term outlook, we'll just have to wait and see.

Japan's society is aging which means its labor pool is shrinking.  Add to that, its cost of living, steep land and housing costs, company restructures and forced retirements, many of Japan's engineers, etc. are leaving for China and Korea.    Affordability will be a challenge to live in Japan.
5DMKII, T3i, 24-105L, 100 2.8L Macro, 70-300 4-5.6L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 06:02:19 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 09:44:16 PM »
It was only a couple of years ago after the earthquake hurt Canon so badly, that they committed to the stockholders that they would spread out production more to reduce the chance of another earthquake shutting them down.

Apparently, their memory is not a very good one.

IMG_0001

• Canon 70D
  • Amateur photon abductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 06:59:06 AM »
Am I the only one to think that removing posts on a thread about industrialists choices and their impacts on worker because they include the terms 'class warfare' is excessive. I don't see these words as disrepectful or dangerous.
What a mess, my camera's sensor is full of massless particules that keep on trying to behave like waves!

brad-man

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 07:42:39 AM »
Am I the only one to think that removing posts on a thread about industrialists choices and their impacts on worker because they include the terms 'class warfare' is excessive. I don't see these words as disrepectful or dangerous.

They're quite sensitive about anything political around here. Anyone got any pictures of the George Washington Bridge? Although Canon is sitting pretty in the camera end of the marketplace, with Sigma and Tamron on the rise threatening lens sales, Canon will continue to do what is in Canon's best interest. Automation seems like the logical next step for a company that can afford the investment, and Canon's pockets run pretty deep.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 07:42:39 AM »