October 20, 2014, 05:37:39 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 1D X Press Release - Pre Announcement Thread  (Read 29422 times)

Rukes

Re: Canon EOS 1D X Press Release
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2011, 12:41:24 AM »
Just for anyone that cares before the official press release is out and about, here's the PDF from the Japanese press release; it's where the AF image, GPS/Wireless images came from. Full specs are at the bottom.

This was taken down along with the press release, so it is official, it came from the Nikkei site.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2011, 12:41:24 AM »

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2011, 12:41:29 AM »
I don't see this so much as a merging of the 1D lines, but as a tombstone of the 1Ds (primarily because of the name jump to 1DX).

And now that this is pretty much official, this is how I see the future Canon lineup:
1DX: FF 18MP, top AF, top FPS, Dual DIGIC V+ Single DIGIC 4
5D3: FF 32MP, decent 45pt AF, 4.5FPS, Dual DIGIC V
6D: FF 18MP, same(-ish) sensor as 1DX, same(-ish) AF as 5D3, same FPS as 5D3, Single DIGIC V
7D2: APS-C Maybe a slight MP bump, slight AF bump, 8-10FPS, Dual DIGIC V

AlicoatePhotography

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2011, 12:43:31 AM »
The press release DID hit in Japan, but was quickly taken down. That's where the image came from, and the full detailed PDF with all the specs. So it IS official, Canon's just not ready to make it official yet.

Strange
That's what I'm saying. 
I think we have a real camera and a wish list that fit nicely but isn't based in much fact.  I'm going to bed.  Hopefully this will be all sorted out by morning. 

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2011, 12:47:52 AM »
Just for anyone that cares before the official press release is out and about, here's the PDF from the Japanese press release; it's where the AF image, GPS/Wireless images came from. Full specs are at the bottom.

This was taken down along with the press release, so it is official, it came from the Nikkei site.

Thanks.  Love your club photography by the way.  The 1DX should really work for you with the improved low-light performance!

Rukes

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2011, 12:49:34 AM »
The press release DID hit in Japan, but was quickly taken down. That's where the image came from, and the full detailed PDF with all the specs. So it IS official, Canon's just not ready to make it official yet.

Strange
That's what I'm saying. 
I think we have a real camera and a wish list that fit nicely but isn't based in much fact.  I'm going to bed.  Hopefully this will be all sorted out by morning.

I would look two posts above :)

Thanks.  Love your club photography by the way.  The 1DX should really work for you with the improved low-light performance!

Thanks! Yeah, I pretty much use 1600 ISO right now, so even in REALLY dark clubs at f/1.2 and with a moving DJ, it's tough to get something "perfect". So with the extra AF points to select and a bit higher ISO to compensate for shutter speed, it should help a lot :) (not to mention the UDMA 3 on the 1Ds is so slow shooting RAW on a UDMA 6 card!)

rocketdesigner

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2011, 12:49:55 AM »

Strange
That's what I'm saying. 

At the very least, we have a real camera name. :P

omgitztrey

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2011, 12:52:29 AM »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2011, 12:52:29 AM »

omgitztrey

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2011, 12:56:47 AM »

bbqninja

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2011, 01:01:56 AM »
Why is Canon's Japan website calling this the EOS-1V?

http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/eos/lineup/1v/index.html

http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/eos/img/index/key-visual.jpg

You fell for the same thing as when the "d60" was released last year  (someone linked to an old canon camera with a similar name)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS-1v

kb2zuz

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2011, 01:02:58 AM »
It's on the USA site: http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_1d_x#Overview

As far as those complaining about no Wifi, different countries have different Wifi frequencies, so either Canon would have to make different cameras for each Wifi frequency sets. The US wifi bands might be the police bands in another country. They are offering a WiFi+Bluetooth add-on.

In regards to ethernet. This might not be useful to sports photographers but as a studio photographer, it's great. USB 2 is too slow (too much over head) and not all PCs have Firewire 800 and no Macs have USB 3.0, so Gigabit is a good compromise for fast speed. Also you can use rather long cables that don't weigh much and won't fall out of the camera very easily... this is GREAT for anyone who wants to shoot tethered in a studio.

This is the camera I've wanted for the past 5 years, unfortunately I have a feeling it's going to cost about as much as the 1Ds Mk III. If they can do it for the cost of the 1D Mk IV, I'd jump at it.

messus

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 1D X Press Release - Pre Announcement Thread
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2011, 01:07:21 AM »
Seems like UDMA 7 CF is officially supported! Which is NICE! Finally I can put my SanDisk 128GB UDMA7 card to the test!!! ;)

Still, even if Giga Ethernet is nice, especially for press photographers under the upcoming Olympics,
I am still waiting to find confirmation for USB 3.0 support !!!

Unlikely this camera has not been upgraded from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 !?

messus

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:14:13 AM by messus »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2011, 01:12:30 AM »

floman

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2011, 01:13:58 AM »

hambergler

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2011, 02:06:40 AM »
hope the price comes in close to 5K instead of 7K because this camera is the one i've wanted forever
5D III | 24-70 II| 50 1.4| 70-200 2.8 IS II| 600 EX-RTx4| EF 2.0X III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2011, 02:06:40 AM »