August 27, 2014, 09:16:35 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 1D X Press Release - Pre Announcement Thread  (Read 28588 times)

ippikiokami

Re: Canon EOS 1D X Possible Press Release
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
It appears it could be true, if you take a look at the following press release on the Canon site it makes mention of the EOS-1D X with the same release date:

http://www.canon.com/news/2011/oct18e.html

Freaking amazing find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wired thing is kinda weird? (they are going to stick a whole ethernet port on this sucker?) But everything else looks amazing...  Only worried if the price is really 8k :( That's a lot more than my trusty 1d IV

adamfilip

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:21 PM »
While most people are trying to go wireless, Canon gives us a wired network system?  Seems odd...  can you imagine a bunch of 100+ yard ethernet cables cluttering the sidelines of a football field?  Not to mention that I think it would be rather cumbersome to manipulate a camera with a giant cat6 cable sticking out the side.

why not offer both? wired and wifi?

rocketdesigner

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:25 PM »
Agree with "Chewey"...Why in heck would they be developing a flagship camera that includes a dumb ethernet cable .... this makes no sense .... :-[

ianhar

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:33 PM »
...and why does the 4th paragraph refer to a Digic 4 processor .... I thought this was Digic 5

this seems like a mistake and makes me think its fake

It might just a typo or something. I'm being optimistic here. Dying for an update from canon line

Rukes

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »
It appears it could be true, if you take a look at the following press release on the Canon site it makes mention of the EOS-1D X with the same release date:

Yeah, that does help with this a lot, but some of the specs are still strange, so someone could have made up some specs to throw in. At least we know the name of it :) Just have to see if the specs are right.

katmann

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:09 PM »
I have loved using the Canon 1D Mark IV, and I will be placing my order for this new addition as soon as it is available on B&H.  I hope it is released earlier than March.  This would really be a great Christmas present to myself.    :)

It's great that Craig was right on this one!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:45:18 PM by katmann »

ontarian

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
lol for real.

In ok light perhaps my 1D4 still has solid purpose left in it after March next year.

Nope. It'll be useless. Completely obsolete and incapable.

ippikiokami

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »

Yeah, that does help with this a lot, but some of the specs are still strange, so someone could have made up some specs to throw in. At least we know the name of it :) Just have to see if the specs are right.

Specs or not that post proves something is being released. That should be joy itself !

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:40 PM »
While most people are trying to go wireless, Canon gives us a wired network system?  Seems odd...  can you imagine a bunch of 100+ yard ethernet cables cluttering the sidelines of a football field?  Not to mention that I think it would be rather cumbersome to manipulate a camera with a giant cat6 cable sticking out the side.

Yeah that couldn't work at the sidelines... the photographers move around a fair bit.  Perhaps their intent is that a Gigabit ethernet connection gives super fast image download in the press center rather than actually shooting with the cable attached?

Rukes

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »

Yeah that couldn't work at the sidelines... the photographers move around a fair bit.  Perhaps their intent is that a Gigabit ethernet connection gives super fast image download in the press center rather than actually shooting with the cable attached?

I think you guys all forget that pretty much all pro STUDIO work usually means the camera is wired to a laptop or computer. Just because there is a new feature doesn't mean it's geared to every single use of a camera.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 10:48:38 PM »

Good call!  Maybe someone read the Canon release about the name and plugged in the rumoured specs!!!

ianhar

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 10:50:26 PM »

I think you guys all forget that pretty much all pro STUDIO work usually means the camera is wired to a laptop or computer. Just because there is a new feature doesn't mean it's geared to every single use of a camera.

+1

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »

Good point.  The "possible press release" made a reference to sporting arenas equipped with wired LAN so naturally that's where the mind goes.

rocketdesigner

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 10:51:36 PM »

Ethernet technology in a wireless society just to serve studio applications still makes no sense in the broader picture. Including an ethernet port on a camera requires a sizable commitment in both on board technology and port space...I just can't see stepping backwards for this function.... :)

lukaszb

Re: Canon EOS 1D X Press Release
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »
http://release.nikkei.co.jp/detail.cfm?relID=294330&lindID=4

Here is an article to Nikkei.  Looks like this is very much official now.