July 26, 2014, 03:07:41 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 1D X Press Release - Pre Announcement Thread  (Read 28110 times)

ippikiokami

Re: Canon EOS 1D X Possible Press Release
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
It appears it could be true, if you take a look at the following press release on the Canon site it makes mention of the EOS-1D X with the same release date:

http://www.canon.com/news/2011/oct18e.html

Freaking amazing find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wired thing is kinda weird? (they are going to stick a whole ethernet port on this sucker?) But everything else looks amazing...  Only worried if the price is really 8k :( That's a lot more than my trusty 1d IV

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »

adamfilip

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:21 PM »
While most people are trying to go wireless, Canon gives us a wired network system?  Seems odd...  can you imagine a bunch of 100+ yard ethernet cables cluttering the sidelines of a football field?  Not to mention that I think it would be rather cumbersome to manipulate a camera with a giant cat6 cable sticking out the side.

why not offer both? wired and wifi?

rocketdesigner

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:25 PM »
Agree with "Chewey"...Why in heck would they be developing a flagship camera that includes a dumb ethernet cable .... this makes no sense .... :-[

ianhar

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:33 PM »
...and why does the 4th paragraph refer to a Digic 4 processor .... I thought this was Digic 5

this seems like a mistake and makes me think its fake

It might just a typo or something. I'm being optimistic here. Dying for an update from canon line

Rukes

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »
It appears it could be true, if you take a look at the following press release on the Canon site it makes mention of the EOS-1D X with the same release date:

Yeah, that does help with this a lot, but some of the specs are still strange, so someone could have made up some specs to throw in. At least we know the name of it :) Just have to see if the specs are right.

katmann

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:09 PM »
I have loved using the Canon 1D Mark IV, and I will be placing my order for this new addition as soon as it is available on B&H.  I hope it is released earlier than March.  This would really be a great Christmas present to myself.    :)

It's great that Craig was right on this one!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:45:18 PM by katmann »

ontarian

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
lol for real.

In ok light perhaps my 1D4 still has solid purpose left in it after March next year.

Nope. It'll be useless. Completely obsolete and incapable.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »

ippikiokami

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »

Yeah, that does help with this a lot, but some of the specs are still strange, so someone could have made up some specs to throw in. At least we know the name of it :) Just have to see if the specs are right.

Specs or not that post proves something is being released. That should be joy itself !

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:40 PM »
While most people are trying to go wireless, Canon gives us a wired network system?  Seems odd...  can you imagine a bunch of 100+ yard ethernet cables cluttering the sidelines of a football field?  Not to mention that I think it would be rather cumbersome to manipulate a camera with a giant cat6 cable sticking out the side.

Yeah that couldn't work at the sidelines... the photographers move around a fair bit.  Perhaps their intent is that a Gigabit ethernet connection gives super fast image download in the press center rather than actually shooting with the cable attached?

Rukes

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »

Yeah that couldn't work at the sidelines... the photographers move around a fair bit.  Perhaps their intent is that a Gigabit ethernet connection gives super fast image download in the press center rather than actually shooting with the cable attached?

I think you guys all forget that pretty much all pro STUDIO work usually means the camera is wired to a laptop or computer. Just because there is a new feature doesn't mean it's geared to every single use of a camera.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 10:48:38 PM »

Good call!  Maybe someone read the Canon release about the name and plugged in the rumoured specs!!!

ianhar

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 10:50:26 PM »

I think you guys all forget that pretty much all pro STUDIO work usually means the camera is wired to a laptop or computer. Just because there is a new feature doesn't mean it's geared to every single use of a camera.

+1

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »

Good point.  The "possible press release" made a reference to sporting arenas equipped with wired LAN so naturally that's where the mind goes.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »

rocketdesigner

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 10:51:36 PM »

Ethernet technology in a wireless society just to serve studio applications still makes no sense in the broader picture. Including an ethernet port on a camera requires a sizable commitment in both on board technology and port space...I just can't see stepping backwards for this function.... :)

lukaszb

Re: Canon EOS 1D X Press Release
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »
http://release.nikkei.co.jp/detail.cfm?relID=294330&lindID=4

Here is an article to Nikkei.  Looks like this is very much official now.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Canon EOS 1D X Press Release
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »