What I'm looking for is:
1) access to eyefi or like tech to access album of streaming images. Pretty much the import model that references the album of the uploaded images via wifi.
2) ability for LR to cloud sync catalogs. meaning changes you do in LR ipad to be updated in desktop. The idea is that you can set it to a mirror mode so that you can bounce between two live sessions.. not realtime, but that sync will be maintained.
3) JPG/highspeed mode... meaning that you upload your jpg from your raw+jpg's. (too bad you can't do raw + SRaw) You select your picks, priorities, flags and metadata from the ipad. Maybe even ballpark some exposure/color/presets. You get home, load up your card, load up the catalog from the cloud (copied locally for speed) and you already have the selects you did on the road. Perhaps Eyefi or LR can do a pixel skip thing where they load every other pix from a RAW transfer to give you a half rez RAW without rendering. That way you can do color and have low bandwidth
4) support for slideshow directly from ipad to an external display via airplay/appleTV or some hardwired display.
5) some sort of screen calibration for the ipad? not sure how this would be done.. perhaps some sort of compatibility with third party screen calibration? The idea is to bypass the default, contrasty and blue ipad display and load an appropriate LUT for the ipad screen for photography. Only operation within Lightroom, of course, but thats all you would need.
Pipe dream? Pie in the sky? High as a Kite? Hope not!