April 19, 2014, 07:05:47 AM

Author Topic: GREAT AND CHEAP BATTERIES FOR EOS-M  (Read 4958 times)

surapon

• 1D X
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
GREAT AND CHEAP BATTERIES FOR EOS-M
« on: January 18, 2014, 02:44:41 PM »
Yes, Dear Friends
Two day, I just get my order HALCYON  LITHUM ION BATTERIES PACK LP-E12, 4 of batteries  plus 2 battery chargers = 37.98 US Dollars, Made In China, But Batteries cell = made in Japan.
You might ask me why ?-----Yes, I already get 4 Canon Batteries LP-E12 875 mAh = $ 50 US Dollars each, and I get only 150 Photos per Full charge of 1 Battery----Not Enough for my one day shoot = 800 to 1000 shots. When I search in The Web site, I find out that CHINESE MADE, JAPANESE MATERAL = HALCYON LP-E12  which pack with power 2200 mAh , each set = 1 Battery Charger + 2 Batteries---Yes, 4 days ago, I order them 2 sets Via. Amazon = total cost with free Shipping = $ 39.98 US Dollars.
I just get them to day, and I charge 1 HALCYON battery for 2 hours / Full Charge----Yes, I spend  1 hour to shoot  any thing in front of me with single shot, and continuing shots , YES, I GET 438 PHOTOS( Yes, I so tire and stop shooting---Ha, Ha, Ha ), and the sign of the Battery on LCD = still Full power.
WOW, I get my money worth in this Great CHINESE MADE BATTERIES.

http://www.amazon.com/Halcyon-Lithium-Replacement-Battery-Charger/dp/B00C32SPDW/ref=sr_1_7/192-4275402-5928723?ie=UTF8&qid=1389462791&sr=8-7&keywords=canon+battery+lp-e12

Dear Friends, I give them = A ++, and highly recommend for all of my friends who use EOS-M camera.

Enjoy
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

GREAT AND CHEAP BATTERIES FOR EOS-M
« on: January 18, 2014, 02:44:41 PM »

fotorex

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • My pictures on JAlbum
Re: GREAT AND CHEAP BATTERIES FOR EOS-M
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »
Hello surapon,

these looks like a really nice deal.
Could you please report about the discharge curve of the batteries when you experienced more charge/discharge cycles. I'm especially interested how the chargesymbol on the display behaves when the batteries are almost discharged. Will the display show full power even if you're only able to take only a few more shots or will the display show a linearity in full-2/3-1/3 in relation to the photo counter (i.e.~600-400-200 shots)?

Unfortunately in Germany amazon.de only sells the batterie pack with two batteries without the charger for almost the same price in € as amazon.com sells the pack together with charger in US$.
But it is still a bargain in relation to the OEM batterie.

Regards
Frank

surapon

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 03:52:59 PM »
Hello surapon,

these looks like a really nice deal.
Could you please report about the discharge curve of the batteries when you experienced more charge/discharge cycles. I'm especially interested how the chargesymbol on the display behaves when the batteries are almost discharged. Will the display show full power even if you're only able to take only a few more shots or will the display show a linearity in full-2/3-1/3 in relation to the photo counter (i.e.~600-400-200 shots)?

Unfortunately in Germany amazon.de only sells the batterie pack with two batteries without the charger for almost the same price in € as amazon.com sells the pack together with charger in US$.
But it is still a bargain in relation to the OEM batterie.

Regards
Frank

Dear Friend fotorex.
Give me 2-3 more days, And I report back to you, Yes, I want to see how the discharged Battery react to the Battery Icon at the LCD.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon

noncho

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • NonchoILiev.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »
I don't believe those are 2200 mAh and I don't like batteries which someone sells with different charger (usually they are NOT decoded and the camera does not show battery level).

I got 2 of this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Full-Coded-1250mAh-LP-E12-Battery-for-Canon-EOS-M-Camera-Show-Battery-Level-/170895464586?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item27ca29d88a
They are working fine, I don't see any difference with the original battery.

sama

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »
I don't believe those are 2200 mAh and I don't like batteries which someone sells with different charger (usually they are NOT decoded and the camera does not show battery level).

I got 2 of this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Full-Coded-1250mAh-LP-E12-Battery-for-Canon-EOS-M-Camera-Show-Battery-Level-/170895464586?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item27ca29d88a

Exactly. I have in hand 3 pieces of the same brand and one piece of their charger. Very nice indeed. But took a long time to come to Toronto.

surapon

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 06:01:02 PM »

Thanks, Dear noncho.
Thanks for another option for all EOS-M users.  For 2200 mAh storage power, I just read on Amazon and Read at the label on the Batteries per the Photos that show in this post. I do not think that they lie to us, This Sell in USA, and Very dangerous to not tell the Truth. Up to this After noon I take 85 More Photos = 85 + 438 = 523 Photos so far, and Still Full Battery in one charge = Magic for me.

Surapon

surapon

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 06:03:43 PM »

Exactly. I have in hand 3 pieces of the same brand and one piece of their charger. Very nice indeed. But took a long time to come to Toronto.

Thanksssss, Dear Sama.
Please let us know, how your " Full Coded 1250mAh LP-E12  " batteries  are working.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 06:03:43 PM »

noncho

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • NonchoILiev.com
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 06:38:27 PM »

Thanks, Dear noncho.
Thanks for another option for all EOS-M users.  For 2200 mAh storage power, I just read on Amazon and Read at the label on the Batteries per the Photos that show in this post. I do not think that they lie to us, This Sell in USA, and Very dangerous to not tell the Truth. Up to this After noon I take 85 More Photos = 85 + 438 = 523 Photos so far, and Still Full Battery in one charge = Magic for me.

Surapon

You really believe that you have 2.5 times higher capacity in this third party battery in the same small package? And you believe that your new small LP-E12 are with higher capacity than the original much larger LP-E6 (used in 5D III/7D, 1800 mAh) because this is what the label said?

Sorry, but I have some technical background and I don't believe in magic and miracles just because I'm using 3rd party batteries too  ::)

surapon

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 08:09:28 PM »

Thanks, Dear noncho.

Surapon

You really believe that you have 2.5 times higher capacity in this third party battery in the same small package? And you believe that your new small LP-E12 are with higher capacity than the original much larger LP-E6 (used in 5D III/7D, 1800 mAh) because this is what the label said?

Sorry, but I have some technical background and I don't believe in magic and miracles just because I'm using 3rd party batteries too  ::)

Thanks, Dear noncho.
I am just old architect, not electrical engineer like you. I just read the Label of the Battery that sell in USA. Per US. Regulation and UL label, Yes I just buy them, and Use 1 of them to take 523 Photos, and Still go strong, Just Magic that My EOS-M do not like Canon LP-E12 , 875 mAh, just take the 125 to 150 photos---But my EOS-M just love Halcyon rated 2200 mAh, and Take 523 photos and still have more power store in the battery.

Same Magic of My Rechargable AA battery Solution power, Ni-Mh AA  just have only 350 mAh ( For my Solar Deck Light) Which Same Size  of my AA Battery of Sanyo / Eneloop 2600 mAh( for my All Canon Flashes)---Yes, Same AA Battery size Which Smaller than LP-E12 ( Per Volumn)----Yes, Eneloop 2600 mAh beat both Solution power( 350 mAh) and  Halcyon( 2200 mAh).
Just my Low level brain tell me that, The Size are not matter, But the New Technology might make the Magic happen.
BUT, the last words = $ 10 US Dollars Chinese made Battery is better than 50 Us Dollars Chinese Made Battery for the same  purpose.
Have a good night.
Surapon

http://aweitebattery.en.alibaba.com/product/1297820225-218566646/AA_Sanyo_Eneloop_2600mAh_4pk_New_Eneloop_Rechargeable_upto_1500_Times.html

Yes, When I order This Halcyon 4-5 days ago, I just laugh at my self, Similar to you too, How Stupid am I that spend  Less Than 10 US Dollars for Each Battery for Chinese made( Canon LP-E12 Chinese made = $ 50 US Dollars), and hope for Magic.
Yes, To day , After I test Run, The Magic Happens to me

noncho

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • NonchoILiev.com
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 04:22:53 AM »
You are not giving me some real technical data above, number of shots depends on so many things - it's not an accurate measurement.

I guess you don't have a discharger which can show you real discharge time of this type of battery, but here is a fast and simple test:
Shoot with original battery and the magic one while the camera turns off and shows message "Change the batteries".
Put the Canon battery in the original charger and measure the time until the battery is charged.
Put the magic battery in the original charger and measure the time until the battery is charged.

In this case you will have the same input (mine says 0.54A) and depends on capacity when the batteries will be charged ;)

The other easy thing you can do is to check the weight:
"A significant part of the weight in a LiIon battery is Lithium metal. Two batteries of the same nominal capacity should have similar weights.
I'd guesstimate that a 10% difference may be due to happenstance and construction, but beyond that I'd be suspicious.
In larger & heavier batteries this test will work better than for very small batteries."

tpatana

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 04:51:09 AM »

In general when ordering 3rd party items (or 4th) from China, you can't take anything for granted. For example the text "from Japan", they can easily just write it there. China does lot of good quality stuff too, but usually when you buy cheap, you get the cheap.

Biggest problem with cheap lithium batteries is the protection circuits, or usually the missing of those. For 99.9999% of people it doesn't matter, but the one who shorts the battery for example when the camera goes crazy, the battery can blow up and kill the camera. Not worth the save for me, although would have to be really unlucky for that to happen.

surapon

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 09:51:41 AM »
You are not giving me some real technical data above, number of shots depends on so many things - it's not an accurate measurement.

I guess you don't have a discharger which can show you real discharge time of this type of battery, but here is a fast and simple test:
Shoot with original battery and the magic one while the camera turns off and shows message "Change the batteries".
Put the Canon battery in the original charger and measure the time until the battery is charged.
Put the magic battery in the original charger and measure the time until the battery is charged.

In this case you will have the same input (mine says 0.54A) and depends on capacity when the batteries will be charged ;)

The other easy thing you can do is to check the weight:
"A significant part of the weight in a LiIon battery is Lithium metal. Two batteries of the same nominal capacity should have similar weights.
I'd guesstimate that a 10% difference may be due to happenstance and construction, but beyond that I'd be suspicious.
In larger & heavier batteries this test will work better than for very small batteries."

Good Sunday Morning, Dear noncho.
Thanks for your great Infor. I learn some thing new in every days.
Yes, Sir, I will keep eyes on this Super Cheap LP-E12 Chinese Made Batteries, and report back to you and our friends.
Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon

surapon

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 09:55:29 AM »

In general when ordering 3rd party items (or 4th) from China, you can't take anything for granted. For example the text "from Japan", they can easily just write it there. China does lot of good quality stuff too, but usually when you buy cheap, you get the cheap.

Biggest problem with cheap lithium batteries is the protection circuits, or usually the missing of those. For 99.9999% of people it doesn't matter, but the one who shorts the battery for example when the camera goes crazy, the battery can blow up and kill the camera. Not worth the save for me, although would have to be really unlucky for that to happen.

Thanks you sir, Dear tpatana.
Yes, You are 1000% right on the target " We get the thing as we pay for---Cheap= Some time not good quality.
Thanks again, I will keep eyes on this Cheap Batteries , special on the Temperature of them, after use for many shots.
Have a great Sunday, Sir.
Surapon

PS, I see your Name " tpatana" Look like Thai Name, Are  you live in Thailand ?--Yes, I am Thai People too.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:20:18 AM by surapon »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 09:55:29 AM »

tpatana

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 01:39:50 AM »
PS, I see your Name " tpatana" Look like Thai Name, Are  you live in Thailand ?--Yes, I am Thai People too.

I wish, that would be cool. Some time long long time ago in the far away galaxy, I was looking to register www.patana.com for myself, but at the point it was registered for a school in Bangkok, called "Patana school" I think.

I admit nothing.

I'm from Finland myself. And I love panang curry.

surapon

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 09:25:03 AM »

I wish, that would be cool. Some time long long time ago in the far away galaxy, I was looking to register www.patana.com for myself, but at the point it was registered for a school in Bangkok, called "Patana school" I think.

I admit nothing.

I'm from Finland myself. And I love panang curry.

Thankssss, Dear Friend tpatana.
Well, Nice to meet you and talk to you. One day I would like go to visit your country/ Lovely country Finland too. Ha, Ha, Ha You and me Love " Panang Curry"----BTW, Do you love Beautiful Thai Girl too ?=   :-)
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 09:25:03 AM »