October 24, 2014, 03:01:59 PM

Author Topic: GREAT AND CHEAP BATTERIES FOR EOS-M  (Read 8867 times)

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
Re: GREAT AND CHEAP BATTERIES FOR EOS-M
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »
These cheap batteries keep calling my name ... but I resist..waiting for more feedback from users here to report on accurate battery level display and total shot count.  Also would like to hear about how hot the battery gets when fully charged...and perhaps how hot it gets after a good shoot.

As mentioned previously there is a good reason usually why they are cheap.  I am willing to live with short battery life for such a price but not really interested if it takes the camera with it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 08:16:27 PM »
These cheap batteries keep calling my name ... but I resist..waiting for more feedback from users here to report on accurate battery level display and total shot count.  Also would like to hear about how hot the battery gets when fully charged...and perhaps how hot it gets after a good shoot.

As mentioned previously there is a good reason usually why they are cheap.  I am willing to live with short battery life for such a price but not really interested if it takes the camera with it.

Yes, Dear my friend East Wind .
These Cheap Batteries " Halcyon" LP-E12,2200 mAh = $ 9.50 US Dollars call my name out Loud too----Ha, Ha, Ha---Past 3 days, I have use This Cheapo Chinese made Battery = 1 Battery, with 1 Full charge at 2 Hours--And I use up to 15 minutes ago, to shoot every thing in front of me, both single shots and Conti. Shots = 595 Photos, Still have Power to go, ( BUT, The Battery ICON at the EOS-M Camera = Still Full=  :-))
. Every 20-30 shots, I open and remove the Battery from the Chamber, to check the Temperature of Battery, No, From my hand, The Battery Temperature do not get Warmer---Yes, I am afraid that this HALCYON battery might blow up my $ 299 US Dollar EOS-M----Sorry, My lovely EOS-M still work Fine and my fingers still intact..

Now To night, I remove the Battery and Recharge It, Next 2 Hours---And See, What will happend to my Cheapo Battery next.
I will shoot another 500-600 more Photos by this new recharge Halcyon battery, and use it again tomorrow, And I will report back to you.
YES, IF NEXT TWO RECHARGES OF THIS CHEAPO BATTERY AND WORK AS CHARM LIKE MY FIRST CHARGE = YES, I WILL CALL THE MFG.  IN CHINA, AND OFFER TO BUY THE COMPANY STOCK TOO.

Yes, As 64-almost 65 years  honor old man as me, and tell you from my heart,  This Cheapo Battery  make me believe in MAGIC.----Well, If you do not see or hear from me next 2-3 days, I might die because the explosion of rechargable  Chinese made LP-E12 battery, That I charge near my desk.
Have a good Monday Night.
Surapon
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:19:28 PM by surapon »

tpatana

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 01:14:16 AM »
PS, I see your Name " tpatana" Look like Thai Name, Are  you live in Thailand ?--Yes, I am Thai People too.

I wish, that would be cool. Some time long long time ago in the far away galaxy, I was looking to register www.patana.com for myself, but at the point it was registered for a school in Bangkok, called "Patana school" I think.

I admit nothing.

I'm from Finland myself. And I love panang curry.

Thankssss, Dear Friend tpatana.
Well, Nice to meet you and talk to you. One day I would like go to visit your country/ Lovely country Finland too. Ha, Ha, Ha You and me Love " Panang Curry"----BTW, Do you love Beautiful Thai Girl too ?=   :-)
Surapon

Who wouldn't :)

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 09:45:03 AM »
PS, I see your Name " tpatana" Look like Thai Name, Are  you live in Thailand ?--Yes, I am Thai People too.

I wish, that would be cool. Some time long long time ago in the far away galaxy, I was looking to register www.patana.com for myself, but at the point it was registered for a school in Bangkok, called "Patana school" I think.

I admit nothing.

I'm from Finland myself. And I love panang curry.

Thankssss, Dear Friend tpatana.
Well, Nice to meet you and talk to you. One day I would like go to visit your country/ Lovely country Finland too. Ha, Ha, Ha You and me Love " Panang Curry"----BTW, Do you love Beautiful Thai Girl too ?=   :-)
Surapon

Who wouldn't :)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear friend, Young man tpatana.
Yes, Yes, Yes.
Surapon

fotorex

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »
Dear Friend fotorex.
Give me 2-3 more days, And I report back to you, Yes, I want to see how the discharged Battery react to the Battery Icon at the LCD.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon

Hello surapron,

did you meanwhile gathered more experiences with these batteries?

Regards
Frank

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 04:17:58 PM »
Dear Friend fotorex.
Give me 2-3 more days, And I report back to you, Yes, I want to see how the discharged Battery react to the Battery Icon at the LCD.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon

Hello surapron,

did you meanwhile gathered more experiences with these batteries?

Regards
Frank

Yes, Dear friend fotorex.
Past two weeks, I shoot EOS-M with  cheap and Great Chinese made Batteries, more than 1500 Photos---Every thing in front of me---Just Shoot and Shoot.
I report that :
Canon LP-E12 7.2 V 875 mAh. ( I have 2 of Them ) = $ 45 US Dollars/ Each  = 150 to 180 Photos per Full Charged @ 2 Hours.
Wasabi  7.2 V, 1100 mAh ( I have 2 of Them) =  $ 12 US Dollars/ Each = 250-275 Photos per Full Charge @ 2 Hours.
Halcyon  7.2V, 2200 mAh ( I have 4 of them) = $ 9.50 US Dollars/ Each = 350 t0 425 Photos per Charge @ 2 Hours ( Sorry Past 3-5 days = Super Cold in my Home town = Below freezing Point)

BIG BUT----Both Wasabi batteries and Halcyon Batteries are not show the Power ( Green Color Symbol---Just White and Black Icon) on the Battery Icon in the Camera LCD---When Out of Power, Just shut off the Camera's Power----Yes, That is the Inconvenience, But , Not my Problem, Because I  alway check, How many Photos that I shoot from the Starting Point, and have 3-4 spare batteries ready to roll.
Have a great Weekend.
Surapon

fotorex

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 03:57:14 AM »
Thank you dear Surapon,

it really does not seem to be a problem that the real power consumption is not displayed correctly on the LCD when one
1. has enough spare batteries with him/her
2. is able to take up to 2.5 times more photos with one charge cycle than with the OEM batterie and keep the starpoint of picture count in mind when attached the batterie.

And at that price ($9.50 each batterie) you can easily buy 4 of them for the price of one OEM batterie.

Regards
Frank

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 03:57:14 AM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 09:20:13 AM »
Thank you dear Surapon,

it really does not seem to be a problem that the real power consumption is not displayed correctly on the LCD when one
2. is able to take up to 2.5 times more photos with one charge cycle than with the OEM batterie and keep the starpoint of picture count in mind when attached the batterie.

And at that price ($9.50 each batterie) you can easily buy 4 of them for the price of one OEM batterie.

Regards
Frank

Dear Frank.
I just remember that., One of our friend , CR member told me on another post that = The Product from China always try to cut the cost down for sell to us super cheap, and For the Batteries, They not install the Computer chip in the battery, That why, the Battery will not report the power status to the camera= Just Dumb Battery, But working Hard Batteries-----Ha, Ha, Ha---Working hard with out Brain.
Have a great Weekend.
Surapon

flowers

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2014, 09:30:20 AM »

Surapon
Hi khun Surapon, tell me, why do thai girls want to look like Western girls? I never understood that! Haha
Thai beaty ideal is so Western!

Thank you for posting about the third-party batteries, do you know if they are also made for canon 5dii, 5diii or 7d? Halcyon is an American company, but it has a different logo, they make computers. I can't find a Chinese company called Halcyon (sounds more Korean!) and there is no Chinese text in the pictures you posted. Where can I find these batteries? On Amazon? Oh, I checked Amazon, they also have batteries for 5d ii and 5d and 7d! Great!

www.amazon.com/Halcyon-Lithium-Replacement-Battery-Charger/dp/B00GS93FEK/?ie=UTF8&qid=1391264874&keywords=halcyon+5d
http://www.amazon.com/Macro-Close-Halcyon-Batteries-Bundle/dp/B00ENHL2X0/?ie=UTF8&qid=1391264892&keywords=halcyon+7d

Has anyone tested these for the 5-series or 7d? Do they work well? Are they safe? Are they reliable?

I almost forgot! alibaba is not the most reliable place, many companies of bad repute deal on alibaba... There are better websites to buy from China but you have to read Chinese or use a translator!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:35:26 AM by flowers »

flowers

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2014, 09:37:24 AM »
Thank you dear Surapon,

Regards
Frank

Dear Frank.
I just remember that., One of our friend , CR member told me on another post that = The Product from China always try to cut the cost down for sell to us super cheap, and For the Batteries, They not install the Computer chip in the battery, That why, the Battery will not report the power status to the camera= Just Dumb Battery, But working Hard Batteries-----Ha, Ha, Ha---Working hard with out Brain.
Have a great Weekend.
Surapon

Ha ha, you're funny!

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 09:58:21 AM »

Surapon
Hi khun Surapon, tell me, why do thai girls want to look like Western girls? I never understood that! Haha

Thank you for posting about the third-party batteries, do you know if they are also made for canon 5dii, 5diii or 7d? Halcyon is an American company, but it has a different logo, they make computers. I can't find a Chinese company called Halcyon (sounds more Korean!) and there is no Chinese text in the pictures you posted. Where can I find these batteries? On Amazon? Oh, I checked Amazon, they also have batteries for 5d ii and 5d and 7d! Great!

www.amazon.com/Halcyon-Lithium-Replacement-Battery-Charger/dp/B00GS93FEK/?ie=UTF8&qid=1391264874&keywords=halcyon+5d
http://www.amazon.com/Macro-Close-Halcyon-Batteries-Bundle/dp/B00ENHL2X0/?ie=UTF8&qid=1391264892&keywords=halcyon+7d

Has anyone tested these for the 5-series or 7d? Do they work well? Are they safe? Are they reliable?

I almost forgot! alibaba is not the most reliable place, many companies of bad repute deal on alibaba... There are better websites to buy from China but you have to read Chinese or use a translator!

Wow, Sa Wass Dee Krub, Dear Khun Flowers----So nice to hear " Khun/ Mr. " word again----Yes, In Thailand  " Khun = Mr. in High level of Autority"----And " Sa Wass Dee Krub =  Have a Good day".,
Thanks for the new information = Halcyon company is American Company--Yes, Big Company for the  specialty Computers.---Yes, I forget about that.

Well, Yes, " Hi khun Surapon, tell me, why do thai girls want to look like Western girls? "---Most of Thai Girls see the American/ European Movies, And Dream about how to Look, and Have a beautiful body shape like the movie stars. BUT, Now, The Korean Movie start to Popular in Thailand= More Thai Girls are going under Knife to change their face and their bodies to look like beautiful Korean girls.
Time is change in this world.
Have a great weekend, dear Khun Flowers.
Surapon.
PS. Are you from Thailand like Me ?

PS-2 THANKSSSSS " I almost forgot! alibaba is not the most reliable place, many companies of bad repute deal on alibaba "
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:00:46 AM by surapon »

flowers

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »

Surapon

Wow, Sa Wass Dee Krub, Dear Khun Flowers----So nice to hear " Khun/ Mr. " word again----Yes, In Thailand  " Khun = Mr. in High level of Autority"----And " Sa Wass Dee Krub =  Have a Good day".,
Thanks for the new information = Halcyon company is American Company--Yes, Big Company for the  specialty Computers.---Yes, I forget about that.

Well, Yes, " Hi khun Surapon, tell me, why do thai girls want to look like Western girls? "---Most of Thai Girls see the American/ European Movies, And Dream about how to Look, and Have a beautiful body shape like the movie stars. BUT, Now, The Korean Movie start to Popular in Thailand= More Thai Girls are going under Knife to change their face and their bodies to look like beautiful Korean girls.
Surapon.

PS-2 THANKSSSSS " I almost forgot! alibaba is not the most reliable place, many companies of bad repute deal on alibaba "

Sawat dee kaa, khun Surapon, mai pen thai khon! Pen yureethia... Yes, I noticed the aegyosal on the girls above, ha ha! Korean influence :)

I have found different branded 3rd party batteries near me, but I don't know about those brands... They are all different brands, very hard to know if they are good or not! But maybe I will order some and try them :)

Are they all safe? So they don't explode in the camera or anything? If they're safe then maybe I can try all the different ones!

Have a nice weeked as well, khun Surapon!

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 10:59:07 AM »

Surapon

Surapon.

Sawat dee kaa, khun Surapon, mai pen thai khon! Pen yureethia... Yes, I noticed the aegyosal on the girls above, ha ha! Korean influence :)

I have found different branded 3rd party batteries near me, but I don't know about those brands... They are all different brands, very hard to know if they are good or not! But maybe I will order some and try them :)

Are they all safe? So they don't explode in the camera or anything? If they're safe then maybe I can try all the different ones!

Have a nice weeked as well, khun Surapon!
Thanks, Khun Flowers
" mai pen Khon  thai ! Pen yureethia" Yes, I understand that "mai pen Khon  thai= You are not from Thailand"--But I do not understand " Pen yureethia " ??.
BUT, You understand Thai Language = Great .
Have a great Weekend to you too.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 10:59:07 AM »

Arctic Photo

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2014, 11:41:49 AM »
Dear Surapon, thanks for posting this. I enjoy reading the stuffyou share here, lot of new thinking and testing out and building new gear. Please keep doing it.

I've been thinking about you as there is a pink car in my street, I have yet to take a picture of it, but I will eventually and post it here for you as I remember your and Rienzphoto's discussion about it  :D Everytime I come to Bangkok my daughters always looks for the pink taxis. When we score and get to ride in one, the day is made.

flowers

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2014, 12:07:59 PM »

Thanks, Khun Flowers
" mai pen Khon  thai ! Pen yureethia" Yes, I understand that "mai pen Khon  thai= You are not from Thailand"--But I do not understand " Pen yureethia " ??.
BUT, You understand Thai Language = Great .
Have a great Weekend to you too.
Ah, I'm sorry, I should have used a more thai expression... pen luk kreung! have a great weekend! :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2014, 12:07:59 PM »