July 22, 2014, 08:37:48 PM

Author Topic: GREAT AND CHEAP BATTERIES FOR EOS-M  (Read 7221 times)

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
Re: GREAT AND CHEAP BATTERIES FOR EOS-M
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »
Dear Surapon, thanks for posting this. I enjoy reading the stuffyou share here, lot of new thinking and testing out and building new gear. Please keep doing it.

I've been thinking about you as there is a pink car in my street, I have yet to take a picture of it, but I will eventually and post it here for you as I remember your and Rienzphoto's discussion about it  :D Everytime I come to Bangkok my daughters always looks for the pink taxis. When we score and get to ride in one, the day is made.

You are welcome, Sir, Dear Arctic Photo.
Yes, Any equipment that have no Brain, or Glass/ Lens= I try to beat the systems, Because I am the Cheapo---Ha, Ha, Ha., But Must have to be Both Cheap and Good or Great Too.
Yes, 5 Kinds of Taxi in Bangkok---The Pink, The Red, The Blue, The Green and the yellow one---Your Smart daughter is right on the Target, The Pink Taxi are the best, and the cleaness one too, the Company/ Owners of the Pink Taxi spend more time to clean up their Taxi= Better than another Company.

Yes, We have FUN to talk about the Pink Cadilac, Ha, Ha, Ha---1950 t0 late 1960 era.
Have a great Weekend.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2014, 01:21:24 PM »

Thanks, Khun Flowers
" mai pen Khon  thai ! Pen yureethia" Yes, I understand that "mai pen Khon  thai= You are not from Thailand"--But I do not understand " Pen yureethia " ??.
BUT, You understand Thai Language = Great .
Have a great Weekend to you too.
Ah, I'm sorry, I should have used a more thai expression... pen luk kreung! have a great weekend! :)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Khun Flowers---- I love your words " pen luk kreung! "=  You are the Big City Person, But I came from the small rural town in Northeastern of Thailand , We Call our self = Khon E-Sarn.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:34:20 PM by surapon »

flowers

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »

Thanks, Khun Flowers
" mai pen Khon  thai ! Pen yureethia" Yes, I understand that "mai pen Khon  thai= You are not from Thailand"--But I do not understand " Pen yureethia " ??.
Ah, I'm sorry, I should have used a more thai expression... pen luk kreung! have a great weekend! :)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Khun Flowers---- I love your words " pen luk kreung! "=  You are the Big City Person, But I came from the small rural town in Northeastern of Thailand , We Call our self = Khon E-Sarn.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon
Ah, Khun surapon is from Isaan, I see. :) You still misunderstood... not khrung, khreung! Hard to spell in English! Thai spelling: ลูกครึ่ชาวฮั่น-อังกฤษ! No need to repeat it in English, I'm sure you understood now. :)

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2014, 02:00:04 PM »

Thanks, Khun Flowers

Have a great weekend.
Surapon
Ah, Khun surapon is from Isaan, I see. :) You still misunderstood... not khrung, khreung! Hard to spell in English! Thai spelling:  No need to repeat it in English, I'm sure you understood now. :)

Yes, Now= Super Clear, And Complete understand " ลูกครึ่ชาวฮั่น-อังกฤษ! "----You get the Best of Both world.
Dear my friend  Khun Flowers'
Good day.
Surapon

PS. Yes I am half Thai and Half Chinese too, Please see my small eyes
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 03:04:58 PM by surapon »

Arctic Photo

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »
Dear Surapon, thanks for posting this. I enjoy reading the stuffyou share here, lot of new thinking and testing out and building new gear. Please keep doing it.

I've been thinking about you as there is a pink car in my street, I have yet to take a picture of it, but I will eventually and post it here for you as I remember your and Rienzphoto's discussion about it  :D Everytime I come to Bangkok my daughters always looks for the pink taxis. When we score and get to ride in one, the day is made.

Yes, Any equipment that have no Brain, or Glass/ Lens= I try to beat the systems, Because I am the Cheapo---Ha, Ha, Ha., But Must have to be Both Cheap and Good or Great Too.
Yes, 5 Kinds of Taxi in Bangkok---The Pink, The Red, The Blue, The Green and the yellow one---Your Smart daughter is right on the Target, The Pink Taxi are the best, and the cleaness one too, the Company/ Owners of the Pink Taxi spend more time to clean up their Taxi= Better than another Company.

Yes, We have FUN to talk about the Pink Cadilac, Ha, Ha, Ha---1950 t0 late 1960 era.
Have a great Weekend.
Surapon
Dear Surapon,
as much as I enjoy the quality and high service level of the pink taxis which is the reason I go for them, my daughters are just happy with the colour  :D .  Will get a shot of the pink car for you tomorrow.

Have a great weekend you too sir.

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »

Have a great Weekend.
Surapon
Dear Surapon,
as much as I enjoy the quality and high service level of the pink taxis which is the reason I go for them, my daughters are just happy with the colour  :D .  Will get a shot of the pink car for you tomorrow.

Have a great weekend you too sir.

Dear friend,   Arctic Photo.
Yes, Yes, Yes, Pink car---I will wait to see your Pink car picture.
Thankssssss.
Surapon

PS, I have the most FUNNY Story about Pink 1950 ( Open roof) cadilac car.
One of my dear friend, he was the big guy in Radio station/ TV. station in my home city.  One day about 25 years ago, His 1950 Openroof Pink Cadilac which park in  his parking space at his Radio Studio  is gone, Some one steal her. During the AM. radio boardcasting, He Speak in to mic, during the Break for country songs--- If any one hear his massage= Some one borrow his love Pink Cadilac with out tell him--But He is very happy that some one love that pink Cadilac  as he love too, Yes, You can have that baby as long as you love her, BUT I ( my friend) want my pet back, He is so hungry and do not eat any meal for two days--Yes, He sleep under the driver seat , and he is a black Cobra, my dear pet as my guard dog---Please take care of Him and return him to me, I will give you the reward too.---------- And My friend boardcast this massages over and over again on AM Country song Radio station.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Next 2 hours, The Police see the Pink Cadilac with the engine still running on the ditch side of the rural road , But No one there, Yes, The Damage Grass in near by Ditch are shown that some one run away from the car, as fast as he/ she can---Try to get away from  my friend's pet= Black Cobra----Ha, Ha, Ha.

Yes, This was true story that my dear friend tell me before he Die, Long time ago.---In Raleigh, North Carolina, Mr.Kid Brewer. RIP.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:52:28 PM by surapon »

flowers

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »

Thankssssss.
Surapon

One of my dear friend, he was the big guy in Radio station/ TV. station in my home city.  One day about 25 years ago, His 1950 Openroof Pink Cadilac which park in  his parking space at his Radio Studio  is gone, Some one steal her. During the AM. radio boardcasting, He Speak in to mic, during the Break for country songs--- If any one hear his massage= Some one borrow his love Pink Cadilac with out tell him--But He is very happy that some one love that pink Cadilac  as he love too, Yes, You can have that baby as long as you love her, BUT I ( my friend) want my pet back, He is so hungry and do not eat any meal for two days--Yes, He sleep under the driver seat , and he is a black Cobra, my dear pet as my guard dog---Please take care of Him and return him to me, I will give you the reward too.---------- And My friend boardcast this massages over and over again on AM Country song Radio station.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Next 2 hours, The Police see the Pink Cadilac with the engine still running on the ditch side of the rural road , But No one there, Yes, The Damage Grass in near by Ditch are shown that some one run away from the car, as fast as the/ she can---Try to get away from  my friend's pet= Black Cobra----Ha, Ha, Ha.

Yes, This was true story that my dear friend tell me before he Die, Long time ago.---In Raleigh, North Carolina, Mr.Kid Brewer. RIP.

Khun Surapon you are such a funny man! I laughed when I read your story. :) I'm glad your friend got his car back. Very smart! Ps. 新年快乐! 恭喜发财! I hope your zodiac for this year is good!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2014, 08:01:53 PM »

Thankssssss.
Surapon

Ha, Ha, Ha, Next 2 hours, The Police see the Pink Cadilac with the engine still running on the ditch side of the rural road , But No one there, Yes, The Damage Grass in near by Ditch are shown that some one run away from the car, as fast as the/ she can---Try to get away from  my friend's pet= Black Cobra----Ha, Ha, Ha.

Khun Surapon you are such a funny man! I laughed when I read your story. :) I'm glad your friend got his car back. Very smart! Ps. 新年快乐! 恭喜发财! I hope your zodiac for this year is good!

Happy Chinese new year to you and to all of our friends too.
Surapon

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 11:38:14 AM »
These cheap batteries keep calling my name ... but I resist..waiting for more feedback from users here to report on accurate battery level display and total shot count.  Also would like to hear about how hot the battery gets when fully charged...and perhaps how hot it gets after a good shoot.

As mentioned previously there is a good reason usually why they are cheap.  I am willing to live with short battery life for such a price but not really interested if it takes the camera with it.

Yes, Dear my friend East Wind .
These Cheap Batteries " Halcyon" LP-E12,2200 mAh = $ 9.50 US Dollars call my name out Loud too----Ha, Ha, Ha---Past 3 days, I have use This Cheapo Chinese made Battery = 1 Battery, with 1 Full charge at 2 Hours--And I use up to 15 minutes ago, to shoot every thing in front of me, both single shots and Conti. Shots = 595 Photos, Still have Power to go, ( BUT, The Battery ICON at the EOS-M Camera = Still Full=  :-))
. Every 20-30 shots, I open and remove the Battery from the Chamber, to check the Temperature of Battery, No, From my hand, The Battery Temperature do not get Warmer---Yes, I am afraid that this HALCYON battery might blow up my $ 299 US Dollar EOS-M----Sorry, My lovely EOS-M still work Fine and my fingers still intact..

Now To night, I remove the Battery and Recharge It, Next 2 Hours---And See, What will happend to my Cheapo Battery next.
I will shoot another 500-600 more Photos by this new recharge Halcyon battery, and use it again tomorrow, And I will report back to you.
YES, IF NEXT TWO RECHARGES OF THIS CHEAPO BATTERY AND WORK AS CHARM LIKE MY FIRST CHARGE = YES, I WILL CALL THE MFG.  IN CHINA, AND OFFER TO BUY THE COMPANY STOCK TOO.

Yes, As 64-almost 65 years  honor old man as me, and tell you from my heart,  This Cheapo Battery  make me believe in MAGIC.----Well, If you do not see or hear from me next 2-3 days, I might die because the explosion of rechargable  Chinese made LP-E12 battery, That I charge near my desk.
Have a good Monday Night.
Surapon

Now that you have had many cycles of battery charging i was wondering if you had any more insight on these 3rd party batteries and if the battery life is reported properlyy in the camera...

...also wondering if they have burned up yet!  ;)

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 12:37:05 PM »
These cheap batteries keep calling my name ... but I resist..waiting for more feedback from users here to report on accurate battery level display and total shot count.  Also would like to hear about how hot the battery gets when fully charged...and perhaps how hot it gets after a good shoot.

As mentioned previously there is a good reason usually why they are cheap.  I am willing to live with short battery life for such a price but not really interested if it takes the camera with it.

These Cheap Batteries " Halcyon" LP-E12,2200 mAh = $ 9.50 US Dollars call my name out Loud too----Ha, Ha, Ha---Past 3 days, I have use This Cheapo Chinese made Battery = 1 Battery, with 1 Full charge at 2 Hours--And I use up to 15 minutes ago, to shoot every thing in front of me, both single shots and Conti. Shots = 595 Photos, Still have Power to go, ( BUT, The Battery ICON at the EOS-M Camera = Still Full=  :-))
. Every 20-30 shots, I open and remove the Battery from the Chamber, to check the Temperature of Battery, No, From my hand, The Battery Temperature do not get Warmer---Yes, I am afraid that this HALCYON battery might blow up my $ 299 US Dollar EOS-M----Sorry, My lovely EOS-M still work Fine and my fingers still intact..

Now To night, I remove the Battery and Recharge It, Next 2 Hours---And See, What will happend to my Cheapo Battery next.
I will shoot another 500-600 more Photos by this new recharge Halcyon battery, and use it again tomorrow, And I will report back to you.
YES, IF NEXT TWO RECHARGES OF THIS CHEAPO BATTERY AND WORK AS CHARM LIKE MY FIRST CHARGE = YES, I WILL CALL THE MFG.  IN CHINA, AND OFFER TO BUY THE COMPANY STOCK TOO.

Yes, As 64-almost 65 years  honor old man as me, and tell you from my heart,  This Cheapo Battery  make me believe in MAGIC.----Well, If you do not see or hear from me next 2-3 days, I might die because the explosion of rechargable  Chinese made LP-E12 battery, That I charge near my desk.
Surapon

Now that you have had many cycles of battery charging i was wondering if you had any more insight on these 3rd party batteries and if the battery life is reported properlyy in the camera...

Dear friend East Wind.
Yes, I use Both Wasabi power and Halcyon ( 4 of each brand name) for 2weeks about 3 cycle of charge per battery, It keep the power for 300 to  450 Each shots, Which better than my 2 Canon batteries ( only 120 to 180 Shots)----BIG BUT, This Wasabi and Halcyon batteries do not show the Power in Canon EOS-M LCD. Because No computer chip in the battery ( That why so cheap)----When it no power---Just turn the Camera Off. YES, I must have the spare batteries in my pocket all the times.
That is only Bad Thing after 3 Cycle charge these Batteries----NO, Not thing blow up in my EOS-M Yet.
After the Battery out of Power, IT STILL COLD TEMPERATURE, Not Hot as the stove range----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great Workweek.
Surapon

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »

Surapon

Dear friend East Wind.
Yes, I use Both Wasabi power and Halcyon ( 4 of each brand name) for 2weeks about 3 cycle of charge per battery, It keep the power for 300 to  450 Each shots, Which better than my 2 Canon batteries ( only 120 to 180 Shots)----BIG BUT, This Wasabi and Halcyon batteries do not show the Power in Canon EOS-M LCD. Because No computer chip in the battery ( That why so cheap)----When it no power---Just turn the Camera Off. YES, I must have the spare batteries in my pocket all the times.
That is only Bad Thing after 3 Cycle charge these Batteries----NO, Not thing blow up in my EOS-M Yet.
After the Battery out of Power, IT STILL COLD TEMPERATURE, Not Hot as the stove range----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great Workweek.
Surapon

Ok..for the price i would rather have the run time....i just ordered the Halcyon kit.

ashmadux

• Rebel T5i
  • Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
    • View Profile
    • Edward Ofori Photography
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2014, 10:46:49 PM »
Grab the nice cheap opteka batteries from amazon. I have two. Great battery life on them. The canon battery is the bastard third leg backup. And i almost never use it.

The canon standard battery is so BAD, that dont even use it as a measuring stick. ITs that bad, and a very pathetic cash grab attempt by canon. I havent seen such poor battery life since my sony p200 7 mp cam back in 2005.
Be the best you, screw everything else.

AudioGlenn

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 01:35:30 AM »
Thanks for the post, surapon.  I too don't like the capacity of my Canon brand battery in my EOS M.  I use my opteka brand more.  I'll look into getting a couple of these, too.
5D mkIII  |  40 f/2.8 | 8-15 f/4L | 24-70 f/2.8L II | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 1.4x III TC | 600ex-rt | 430 ex ii | EOS M+22mm f/2 | EF to EF-M adapter

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 01:35:30 AM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
Thanks, to all of my friends.
Well, We just share the Best of the Best Plus the Most cheap  for the support equipments.
Enjoy. And have a great day.
Surapon

DRR

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2014, 09:22:50 AM »
Are the opteka batteries chipped? Do they have the battery readout on the LCD?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2014, 09:22:50 AM »