September 19, 2014, 06:20:28 PM

Author Topic: FUJIFILM'S latest, X-T1 ?  (Read 7003 times)

Aglet

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
FUJIFILM'S latest, X-T1 ?
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:20:38 AM »
Well, hardly a rumor any more.
January 28th official announcement.
Looks like they're plastering the deck with manual controls a-plenty.
I sure hope it fits and feels better in hand than Nikon's Df.
If so, it's looking like the next Fuji in my collection and likely to displace a few more DSLR bodies for regular use.
A little popup flash would be convenient but can't always have it all.
The one on the xa1 and xm1 works nice as you can tilt it back and use for bounce.

www.fujifilmholdings.com/ja/80th/

www.fujirumors.com/hot-first-real-image-of-the-x-t1-on-japanese-newspaper/

canon rumors FORUM

FUJIFILM'S latest, X-T1 ?
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:20:38 AM »

MLfan3

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: FUJIFILM'S latest, X-T1 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:07:38 AM »
I think it is very ugly , I much prefer the XE2.
I am not a fan of  fake SLR look of the OM-D , the A7R and this one although I have the A7R and the A7.
So unless it gets some sort of Organic sensor and tilt-able screen , I am keeping my A7R and XE2 and sell my A7.

Aglet

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: FUJIFILM'S latest, X-T1
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 01:22:14 AM »
Well, there's plenty more unofficial images showing all sides of it now.

www.fujirumors.com/enjoy-more-x-t1-images-evf-specs-bigger-evf-than-e-m1/

I don't mind the look of it, just wondering how I'm gonna hold it.
It looks smaller than the Xe2.
I do like all the physical controls; menu diving will hardly be required.
looks like a flip-screen too, and PC port,
lock buttons for ISO and shutter speed dials
control rings for drive mode and metering below those
display mode button returns from xe1
looks like dual SD slots
and the tripod mount is still not on the lens axis, but may be using the optional grip.

I think it is very ugly , I much prefer the XE2.
I am not a fan of  fake SLR look of the OM-D , the A7R and this one although I have the A7R and the A7.
So unless it gets some sort of Organic sensor and tilt-able screen , I am keeping my A7R and XE2 and sell my A7.
I actually prefer the fit and feel of the OMD EM1 more than anything else lately.
I don't mind the xe2 but it's a little box-ish, even if it's still pretty easy to hold onto.
I've been looking at the Sony A7r but haven't considered it just yet.  I like the idea of it for sure...  basic imaging back. But for now, most of my glass fits Nikon and D800/e is good enough and I like the handling of it too.
I prefer an SLR type body with a deep grip so I can comfortably carry it without a strap always getting in the way.

9VIII

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 11:40:12 AM »
Including the lens in has 6 dials! I may not even be able to figure out what I would want to use six dials for.

Hopefully they start adding a joystick like Canon does too, I actually really like those for AF point selection.

If they would just make a full frame camera I'd get one for sure, as is I'm waiting for the X-E2 to drop in price.
-100% RAW-

Sella174

• 5D Mark III
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 06:30:25 AM »
Hey, Nikon, look ... both the shutter and the ISO dials have "A" points.

Seriously, this camera might be my point of exit regarding Canon ... all the X system still needs is a weather-sealed, internal focusing 50-200mm f/4 lens (OIS optional).
Happily ignoring the laws of physics and the rules of photography to create better pictures.

Hillsilly

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 01:20:05 AM »
Hey, Nikon, look ... both the shutter and the ISO dials have "A" points.

Seriously, this camera might be my point of exit regarding Canon ... all the X system still needs is a weather-sealed, internal focusing 50-200mm f/4 lens (OIS optional).
I assume you know Fuji have a lens roadmap listing lenses to be released over the next year?  No 50-200 f/4, but I'd assume the 50-140 f/2.8 and the "Super Tele Zoom" will be weather-sealed.

FWIW, I'm a Fuji user (I've an older X-E1).  If the available focal lengths fit your needs, and you're not an action, wildlife or sports photographer, it is a very nice system to get into.
1000FN | 7E | 3000 | 3 | LS-100TS

Sella174

• 5D Mark III
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 04:50:29 AM »
I assume you know Fuji have a lens roadmap listing lenses to be released over the next year?  No 50-200 f/4, but I'd assume the 50-140 f/2.8 and the "Super Tele Zoom" will be weather-sealed.

Those "roadmaps" are really nice, aren't they? Wish Canon would do something of the same.

FWIW, I'm a Fuji user (I've an older X-E1).  If the available focal lengths fit your needs, and you're not an action, wildlife or sports photographer, it is a very nice system to get into.

For ALL my sub-100mm work the Fujifilm system will be perfect. For the tele-photo stuff, Canon still rules the roost ... but I don't think for long. Both Fujifilm and micro-4/3 are slowly building a stable of quality lenses, with just the 150~300mm focal length not well represented.
Happily ignoring the laws of physics and the rules of photography to create better pictures.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 04:50:29 AM »

DanielW

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »
I think it looks great, almost clean at ISO 800, no matter how manipulated it was.
Even ISO 6400 is pretty acceptable.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t1/sample_images/img/index/ff_x_t1_012.JPG

Cheers,
Daniel

bchernicoff

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Photos
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 03:09:31 PM »
If it actually focuses on moving subjects it will steal a lot of DSLR sales. I LOVE my X-E1 and the Fuji lenses, but if I am heading into a situation with moving or otherwise difficult subjects, I grab the Canon every time.
6D, Fuji X-E1
Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Canon 50mm f/1.2L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 400mm f/2.8L II, 100mm L IS Macro, Sigma 85mm, & 35mm f/1.4's, Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, Canon 2x Extender II, Kenko 1.4x, 430 EX II, Elinchroms

canon1dxman

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »
just the 150~300mm focal length not well represented.

What have they got over 300mm then?

DanielW

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 03:37:29 PM »
If it actually focuses on moving subjects it will steal a lot of DSLR sales. I LOVE my X-E1 and the Fuji lenses, but if I am heading into a situation with moving or otherwise difficult subjects, I grab the Canon every time.

Good news for you!  :)

http://www.keithlowphoto.com/2014/01/fujifilm-x-t1-launched-lots-of-sample.html?m=1

pdirestajr

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »
It's kinda funny as far as Canon & Nikon's digital imaging systems have evolved, people are excited to go back to the beginning and buy into a new APS-C system with an 18-55 kit lens.
7D | 5DII | EOS-3 | Nikon F3 | Mamiya 645 Pro-TL

Aglet

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 05:08:04 PM »
It's kinda funny as far as Canon & Nikon's digital imaging systems have evolved, people are excited to go back to the beginning and buy into a new APS-C system with an 18-55 kit lens.

It's a pretty decent kit lens.

Fuji Canada site has a deal listed; pre-order now with any of their suppliers and get a FREE VERTICAL BATTERY GRIP.

www.fujifilm.ca/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t1/preorder/index.html

jeez, if I didn't just get a $3k bill from my accountant AND my insurance renewal I'd be all over that!
if I only have to deposit 10-20% to place an order, I just might

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 05:08:04 PM »

Sella174

• 5D Mark III
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 04:26:00 AM »
just the 150~300mm focal length not well represented.

What have they got over 300mm then?

Nothing and that's my point. If both Fujifilm and the micro-4/3 chaps start making primes of 300mm and longer, then Canon is going to lose their trump card.

However, both of the new cameras from Fujifilm and Olympus, as well as from Sony, support manual focus lenses; and I personally can MF faster and more accurately than the cameras I own can AF. So the lack of lenses is not that big of an issue.

Sella174

• 5D Mark III
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 04:32:01 AM »

The "digital imaging systems" of neither Canon or Nikon have evolved beyond it being basically a film camera with an integrated digital back.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 04:32:01 AM »