Rumors > Speedlites, Printers, Accessories

Need a new camera bag, help? 2 bodies + bunch of stuff

(1/9) > >>

flowers:
Hi (this is my first post by the way)  :)

The bag I currently have has gotten two small for me, I'm in the need of a new bag.
I have:
two bodies (one 5-series and a 7d)
4-6 lenses
external mic
radio triggers
2 flashes
15+ filters
tablet
a flycam and a table glider
and a compact (travel sized) tripod

and I'd like all of that to fit in one bag that I can take with me on a plane as hand luggage (a tall order, I know)
if necessary, I'm willing to ditch the flycam to the cargo hold. I'd like the bag to have straps for a tripod.
I simply don't want to travel separated from my gear. Any suggestions? I don't have any good camera stores carrying large bags at a reasonable distance so I'm relying on people who have the same requirements to tell me which bags worked for them so I can check them out.
All replies appreciated!

I took some measurements, without the tablet and the filters and cables and all that stuff, my gear needs a minimum of 36 x 45 x 15cm with dividers.

mr_hyde:
Just bought the Manfrotto pro backpack 50. It has plenty of space and can be used as carry on (at least according to Manfrotto).

However, the tripod has to be fixed outside the backpack.

I got a pretty good deal at one of the major online stores for ~ 100$ less than the regular price. However, the price went back up again.

flowers:

--- Quote from: mr_hyde on January 27, 2014, 09:23:15 PM ---Just bought the Manfrotto pro backpack 50. It has plenty of space and can be used as carry on (at least according to Manfrotto).

However, the tripod has to be fixed outside the backpack.

I got a pretty good deal at one of the major online stores for ~ 100$ less than the regular price. However, the price went back up again.

--- End quote ---
Thank you for your quick reply. It looks good on paper, but the lack of reviews and not knowing what really fits inside makes me want to stay away from it. What can you actually fit inside without it bursting?
Tripod will always be fixed on the outside, that's no problem :)
by the way, I forgot to mention the bigger body also has a battery grip that has to fit in as well. Backpack style would be the best in my opinion, if they only make them big enough. I should point out none of the lenses are huge telephotos, so the space required won't be insane, but they are all fast primes, so they're not small either.

fugu82:
You may want to look at Think Tank. Very well designed and ruggedly built.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/categories/camera-backpacks/airport-backpacks.aspx

Canon1:
I love my Tamrac Expedition 8x.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/544651-REG/Tamrac_558801_5588_Expedition_8x_Backpack.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version