December 21, 2014, 10:27:01 AM

Author Topic: Review: Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT  (Read 7862 times)

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
Re: Review: Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »
I haven't had the same unreliable connection with my YN-E3-RT as you guys have, but It definitely feels cheaper, and didn't do well when I had it outdoors for a -30C shoot (I can't comment on if the Canon could have fared better).

It works on my 5D2 in the way's I'd want the ST-E3-RT to, and the the AF focus assist is still a nice touch. A friend of mine couldn't get it to work on his Fuji X-Pro1 (remember, this is supposed to offer control with the firmware update on other camera bodies) but again, we haven't tested it beyond that.

I still see it as a workable alternative, but yeah, I wouldn't put everything I had against it, I still pack the Canon one just in case.

Justin, you need to get Firmware version 1.09 for it to work on third party cameras, in the custom functions there becomes an option to turn off the extra hot shoe pins that Canon cameras tell it what is gong on.

FW 1.09 has been in Beta for a while but there seems no widespread recognition of it. Youngnuo are being even quieter than previously.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63687922/YN-E3-RT_FW_V1.09beta.zip

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »

Clement Chua

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2014, 02:26:02 AM »
The saddest thing is the Battery level indicator is not on LCD, and itshould!!
You have no idea when the battery is going to die!  That is the basic necessity for every battery operated devices.
If using speedlite, we can tell by the recharging duration, but not the trigger.  Actually I wishthere is a battery bar level for speedlite too.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2014, 02:26:02 AM »