September 01, 2014, 08:07:22 PM

Author Topic: More EF & PL Video Rumors Surface  (Read 8422 times)

Jedifarce

Re: More EF & PL Video Rumors Surface
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 12:06:36 AM »

How fast would memory cards need to be to record 3k? Will CF work or does it have to be a SSD?

How fast? I'd be more concerned on how large the cards would have to be to hold just 5 minutes of footage at 3K. Then how much computer power you'd need to edit that footage.

Is it possible to make EF lenses continuously autofocus?

Unless you're shooting something moving fast it's really not necessary. Autofocus like on video cameras gets confused whenever something appears in the foreground and you're trying to focus on the object behind it.

Would the PL mount be negative to canon, because it will allow more third party lenses? Or does this make it more appealing for the higher end users?

I would just go with lenses like the Zeiss CP .2 primes with the EF mount. Far as I know the lenses made for the PL mount might be a problem for Full framed sensors.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 12:06:36 AM »

Jedifarce

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:46 AM »

I'm guessing YOU don't have nay L glass, because the sharper the lens used the WORSE the 5D2 quality video.

Uhhh...look to the left of my post. Can't you see my profile picture?

As for a better glass being worse, you might want to do some work on picture style settings if video moire is a issue for you. This is part of the reason a lot of people prefer recording Flat. Or simply adjust the aperture on your lens to mask the moire. Sometimes it's just unavoidable, if it is a problem don't include it in your final editing.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:46 AM »