September 16, 2014, 01:05:13 AM

Author Topic: More Product Confirmations for CP+  (Read 6193 times)

jebrady03

  • EOS M2
  • ****
  • Posts: 242
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »
I'm loving this 'Year of the Lens' so far

C'mon...

24-2000 f/3.7-8.0

A 24-2000 f/3.7-8.0

How can you NOT get excited about THAT?!  lol
 ::) ::) ::) ;D

canon rumors FORUM

Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »

EdB

  • PowerShot G1 X II
  • ***
  • Posts: 57
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 08:02:38 PM »
"Powershot G1 X II" -could naming get any worse? I guessing it won't be called that.

How about the PowerShot G1 Y?


Or better, Powershot GFY.

powershot2012

  • Rebel T5i
  • ****
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
Re: PowerShot S200 f/2-3
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 08:12:59 PM »
S120 successor or a bigger sensor?

What is the PowerShot S200 f/2-3?
Well, the previous powershots were all f/2ish to f/5ish, so, maybe it indicates that the aperture on the tele end will be brighter

Don Haines

  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • *******
  • Posts: 3177
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 08:20:16 PM »
24-2000 f/3.7-8.0

A 24-2000 f/3.7-8.0

How can you NOT get excited about THAT?!  lol
 ::) ::) ::) ;D

The SX-50 with 24-1200 is easily hand-holdable.... and with the digital zoom on is 24-4800 and hand-holdable... So I can easily see 24-2000. Throw in dual-pixel AF and it would be awesome!
The best camera is the one in your hands

FTb-n

  • EOS M2
  • ****
  • Posts: 196
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 08:33:43 PM »
So, the replacement for the SX50 is the SX70?  Why not the SX60?

SX70 was the last, premier line of Polaroids.  If Canon is going to skip an SXnn number, it would make more sense to skip SX70.
5D3, 7D | 70-200 f2.8L IS II, 24-70 f2.8L II, 24-105 f4L IS, 35 f2 IS, 17-55 f2.8 IS, 40 f2.8...  |  PowerShot S100

Lee Jay

  • 1D Mark IV
  • ******
  • Posts: 927
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 08:34:40 PM »
We might also see an announcement for the PowerShot SX70 IS. It’ll come with a crazy zoom lens whenever it does arrive.  24-2000 f/3.7-8.0

f/8?  Hang on a second, let me do some math.

Let's guess that it has the 16MP 1/2.3" sensor.  That sensor has 1.33 micron pixels.

The spacial cutoff for f/8 for green light is 1/( 0.00055 * 8 ) = 227lp/mm.  Assuming we need 3 pixels per line pair, that turns into 1.47 microns per pixel.  So, this thing at f/8 would have an MTF of zero at the pixel level at the long end of the lens.

That's actually a good thing - it has enough focal length that the sensor isn't undersampling the optics.  Of course, it also means you're getting everything out of the optics that can be extracted, and that's assuming the optics have no aberrations.  If they do, you don't need this much focal length (or this many pixels) to get all the resolving power available.

slclick

  • 7D
  • *****
  • Posts: 423
  • I've got a sharp artifact for you!
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 08:41:31 PM »
I'm loving this 'Year of the Lens' so far

C'mon...

Where we going? Lens shopping?

24-2000 f/3.7-8.0

A 24-2000 f/3.7-8.0

How can you NOT get excited about THAT?!  lol
 ::) ::) ::) ;D
5d3+ Sigma 24-105, Sigma 35, Canon 40, Canon 70-200L 2.8 ll, Canon 100L Macro, Kenko 1.4 Extender

canon rumors FORUM

Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 08:41:31 PM »

Lee Jay

  • 1D Mark IV
  • ******
  • Posts: 927
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »
The SX50 is 215mm at f/6.5.  That's 215/6.5 = 33mm of aperture.

This specs for the SX70, assuming the same sensor size, are about 358mm at f/8, which is 358/8 = 44.8mm of aperture.

That's a pretty big increase in real, optical aperture.  I wonder if the lens and camera are even bigger yet.

PHYSICA

  • SX50 HS
  • **
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 12:39:14 AM »
I'm loving this 'Year of the Lens' so far
Do you believe every ... yearly CR thread regarding 35mm 1.4L II, 100-400 L II etc? I don't. They are so obviously nonsense... Sorry CR 99.9% of your site rocks but some specific "new lens" threads of yours belong to the other 0.1% (they are so NL level... )

Well.... this is a rumor site.... if everything is true, then why not change the name as CANON NEWS?

No serious to rumor, just read and think.

Rienzphotoz

  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • *******
  • Posts: 3322
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 02:03:43 AM »
24-2000mm ... with image stabilization ... WOW! ... now that is some serious zoom range. It could be a decent option for guided wildlife trips, when you may not want to carry big lenses ... coupled with image stabilization and some good post processing, I think it could make for a decent wildlife camera.
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

noncho

  • EOS M2
  • ****
  • Posts: 173
    • View Profile
    • NonchoILiev.com
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 02:30:06 AM »
Decent wildlife camera?
Yeah, if your wildlife is not moving and it's laying under bright sun... Dead whale on the beach?

Rienzphotoz

  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • *******
  • Posts: 3322
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 04:38:26 AM »
Decent wildlife camera?
Yeah, if your wildlife is not moving and it's laying under bright sun... Dead whale on the beach?
Its a shame that your vision of "not moving" wildlife photography is limited to a "Dead whale"
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

tron

  • 1D X
  • *******
  • Posts: 1821
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 04:45:46 AM »
I'm loving this 'Year of the Lens' so far
Do you believe every ... yearly CR thread regarding 35mm 1.4L II, 100-400 L II etc? I don't. They are so obviously nonsense... Sorry CR 99.9% of your site rocks but some specific "new lens" threads of yours belong to the other 0.1% (they are so NL level... )

Well.... this is a rumor site.... if everything is true, then why not change the name as CANON NEWS?

No serious to rumor, just read and think.
Even the rumors should have some validity, hence the CR rating. The rumors about the above 2 lenses have been played time and again so they have been burned and CR0 seems the correct rating for them. In that case I would not complain  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 04:45:46 AM »

Rienzphotoz

  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • *******
  • Posts: 3322
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2014, 04:56:07 AM »
I'm loving this 'Year of the Lens' so far
Do you believe every ... yearly CR thread regarding 35mm 1.4L II, 100-400 L II etc? I don't. They are so obviously nonsense... Sorry CR 99.9% of your site rocks but some specific "new lens" threads of yours belong to the other 0.1% (they are so NL level... )

Well.... this is a rumor site.... if everything is true, then why not change the name as CANON NEWS?

No serious to rumor, just read and think.
Even the rumors should have some validity, hence the CR rating. The rumors about the above 2 lenses have been played time and again so they have been burned and CR0 seems the correct rating for them. In that case I would not complain  ;)
For me the rumored 100-400 L replacement has been the biggest disappointment of all the rumors.
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

hachu21

  • Power Shot G16
  • **
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2014, 06:00:07 AM »
Here are new pictures of the G1X mark II.
You can see that the sensor is still big (1.9 crop factor)
The range seems to be 24-120mm
There is a baïonet mount for lens hood (at least...)
It seems there is an electronic port for the viewfinder (just below the hotshoe). So no view finder for EOS M... :-/

canon rumors FORUM

Re: More Product Confirmations for CP+
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2014, 06:00:07 AM »