for me, the eos-m destroys this camera. especially for the price. I don't see how this can be priced at the 750ish price point when the M is 300 bucks with the 22mm f2 lens. maybe that's just me.
it seems to me like if you really want an all in one, non ILC then the Sony RX100 II is way better than this... if someone disagrees please explain why.
i would prefer G1X MII over the RX100 MII for the following reasons :
- more usefull focal range (24-120 vs 28-100)
- more "constant" aperture 3.9@120mm vs 4.9@100mm
- much better handling with bulkier body and 2 grip size to choose from (i have big hands
- canon menus and ergonomics with 2 dials allow intuitive manual modes and easy setup
- lower resolution but better sensor especially on high isos (see g1x vs rx100 comparisons)
- it should have a shallower DoF if you want it
- touch screen to be able to choose quickly your focus area
- better exposure range (1/4000 - 60s vs 1/2000 - 30s)
- 3 stop ND built-in (if it's like MK1)
1" sensor, 20mp and small size aren't everything. But I Agree that RX series should have been a apin in the a** for Canon.
Welle they need that to move forward. Thanks Sony!!