September 30, 2014, 06:19:53 PM

Author Topic: Shop in Orlando or nearby  (Read 998 times)

stensth

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
Shop in Orlando or nearby
« on: December 28, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »
I`m sorry if this is not the right sub forum but couldn`t find any "general". If wrong, please move.

I`m leaving Sweden for a holiday to Orlando and was wondering if you guys/girls have any idea to photo stores that are good to buy from.
Or if it is easier to buy from B&H and have the gear sent to the hotel?

Thanks for your reply.

canon rumors FORUM

Shop in Orlando or nearby
« on: December 28, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
Re: Shop in Orlando or nearby
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:50:07 AM »
Colonial Photo & Hobby is the only camera shop in Central Florida worth a look. They are really nice and carry a good range of stock but can't match B&H prices due to sales tax, having said that B&H didn't use to ship to hotels.

There is another store Southern Photo near Melbourne, but they concentrate on Nikon gear, they are a Nikon Pro agent and have very little Canon gear and their prices are high.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

stensth

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 05:02:05 AM »
Thanks for the info.
It was a good shop. But since B&H did send to hotel, I decided to by from them since I have bought from them before.

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 09:51:32 AM »
Glad it was a help, interesting about B&H shipping to hotels now too. Hope you had fun in Central Florida.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »
Colonial Photo & Hobby is the only camera shop in Central Florida worth a look. They are really nice and carry a good range of stock but can't match B&H prices due to sales tax, having said that B&H didn't use to ship to hotels.

There is another store Southern Photo near Melbourne, but they concentrate on Nikon gear, they are a Nikon Pro agent and have very little Canon gear and their prices are high.
I enjoyed shopping in Colonial. I agree they're the best game in town
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-105mm 70-200mm 2.8 Non IS, 100-400mm 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580EX II, 600EX-RT

stensth

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »
Glad it was a help, interesting about B&H shipping to hotels now too. Hope you had fun in Central Florida.
I may help, that I have bought from them before for a good amount of money.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »