May 28, 2015, 06:26:42 AM

Author Topic: Shop in Orlando or nearby  (Read 1291 times)

stensth

• Power Shot G7X
Shop in Orlando or nearby
« on: December 28, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »
I`m sorry if this is not the right sub forum but couldn`t find any "general". If wrong, please move.

I`m leaving Sweden for a holiday to Orlando and was wondering if you guys/girls have any idea to photo stores that are good to buy from.
Or if it is easier to buy from B&H and have the gear sent to the hotel?

Thanks for your reply.

canon rumors FORUM

Shop in Orlando or nearby
« on: December 28, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
Re: Shop in Orlando or nearby
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:50:07 AM »
Colonial Photo & Hobby is the only camera shop in Central Florida worth a look. They are really nice and carry a good range of stock but can't match B&H prices due to sales tax, having said that B&H didn't use to ship to hotels.

There is another store Southern Photo near Melbourne, but they concentrate on Nikon gear, they are a Nikon Pro agent and have very little Canon gear and their prices are high.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

stensth

• Power Shot G7X
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 05:02:05 AM »
Thanks for the info.
It was a good shop. But since B&H did send to hotel, I decided to by from them since I have bought from them before.

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 09:51:32 AM »
Glad it was a help, interesting about B&H shipping to hotels now too. Hope you had fun in Central Florida.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

ewg963

• Canon 70D
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »
Colonial Photo & Hobby is the only camera shop in Central Florida worth a look. They are really nice and carry a good range of stock but can't match B&H prices due to sales tax, having said that B&H didn't use to ship to hotels.

There is another store Southern Photo near Melbourne, but they concentrate on Nikon gear, they are a Nikon Pro agent and have very little Canon gear and their prices are high.
I enjoyed shopping in Colonial. I agree they're the best game in town
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-70mm 2.8L, 24-105mm 70-200mm 2.8 Non IS, 100-400mm 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm 2L, 580EX II, 600EX-RT

stensth

• Power Shot G7X
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »
Glad it was a help, interesting about B&H shipping to hotels now too. Hope you had fun in Central Florida.
I may help, that I have bought from them before for a good amount of money.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »