September 17, 2014, 01:47:24 AM

Author Topic: Post photos of other photographers in action  (Read 13105 times)

Rienzphotoz

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
Re: Post photos of other photographers in action
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2014, 05:15:03 AM »
Talk about tight framing!  Candid shot of my kids having fun :)
Looks like you forgot to teach them about minimum focus distance ;D ... very cute image.
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2014, 05:15:03 AM »

Menace

• 1D X
  • New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »
Talk about tight framing!  Candid shot of my kids having fun :)
Looks like you forgot to teach them about minimum focus distance ;D ... very cute image.

Ha ha. I was just happy the little one didn't sneeze or dribble inside the lens hood!
1Dx | 5D III
85 1.2L II | 100 2.8 | 400 2.8L IS II 
24-70 2.8L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

Rienzphotoz

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2014, 11:27:19 AM »
I don't mean to post this image in a condescending way about people who use iPads/tablets as cameras ... I think its awesome that we live in an age where different people with different tools and budgets can get into photography the way they see fit ... its cool that people don't have to learn about camera controls, lighting etc to get some decent images that they will cherish ... like this man who was capturing his little daughter's excitement of having discovered a little dome under the stingray exhibit ... I think he was more excited about having captured this precious memory of his daughter then she was about discovering that little dome ... priceless!
I know some photographers scoff at the idea of others using an iPad as a camera, but I think its marvelous that people can capture a priceless memory in a manner that is convenient to them ... that man was using some app to capture the moment in burst mode and later on at the cafeteria I had seen him editing it in iPhoto. During my last vacation in December, I've seen several tourists using their iPads ... I say why not, more power to the people.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:35:49 AM by Rienzphotoz »
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

Don Haines

• Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »
I don't mean to post this image in a condescending way about people who use iPads/tablets as cameras ... I think its awesome that we live in an age where different people with different tools and budgets can get into photography the way they see fit ... its cool that people don't have to learn about camera controls, lighting etc to get some decent images that they will cherish ... like this man who was capturing his little daughter's excitement of having discovered a little dome under the stingray exhibit ... I think he was more excited about having captured this precious memory of his daughter then she was about discovering that little dome ... priceless!
I know some photographers scoff at the idea of others using an iPad as a camera, but I think its marvelous that people can capture a priceless memory in a manner that is convenient to them ... that man was using some app to capture the moment in burst mode and later on at the cafeteria I had seen him editing it in iPhoto. During my last vacation in December, I've seen several tourists using their iPads ... I say why not, more power to the people.
Sometimes it's the right tool for the job... sometimes the convenience outweighs other concerns, but under the right conditions they work surprisingly well.

The lady in the picture is a professional photographer, had a 5D2 and a 24-70 in the backpack, and was snapping away on the iPad :)
The best camera is the one in your hands

mackguyver

• Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2014, 11:59:39 AM »
Sometimes it's the right tool for the job... sometimes the convenience outweighs other concerns, but under the right conditions they work surprisingly well.

The lady in the picture is a professional photographer, had a 5D2 and a 24-70 in the backpack, and was snapping away on the iPad :)
LOL, and as long as people don't block my view with their Oversized Viewfinder/Undersized Camera (aka iPad), I say why not.  Photography should be fun with whatever tool you use.
EOS 1D X, 5DIII, M + EF 24 f/1.4II, 50 f/1.2, 85 f/1.2II, 300 f/2.8 IS II || 16-35 f/4 IS, 24-70 f/2.8II, 70-200 f/2.8II || TS-E 17 f/4, 24 f/3.5II || M 22 f/2, M 11-22 f/4-5.6 IS | 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS || 1.4x III, 2x III
I only shoot at ISO 100 with perfect technique - should I get a Nikon?

ajfotofilmagem

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »
I usually laugh when I see people shooting with huge tablet (and tiny camera on it). ;D But misuse in theaters and dance shows makes me angry when people block the view of others in the audience. >:( They make a couple of photos and videos dark and shaky, and then get on Facebook during the rest of the show. :-X Why paid a ticket if you do not want to watch the show, and disturb the attention of those who want to watch the show? :(
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:56:29 PM by ajfotofilmagem »

jdramirez

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2014, 08:58:51 PM »
I don't go to dance recitals, but I hear they are boring.  Five minutes for your kid and two hours of not giving a Damn.

I usually laugh when I see people shooting with huge tablet (and tiny camera on it). ;D But misuse in theaters and dance shows makes me angry when people block the view of others in the audience. >:( They make a couple of photos and videos dark and shaky, and then get on Facebook during the rest of the show. :-X Why paid a ticket if you do not want to watch the show, and disturb the attention of those who want to watch the show? :(
Upgrade  path.->means the former was sold for the latter.

XS->60D->5d Mkiii:18-55->24-105L:75-300->55-250->70-300->70-200 f4L USM->70-200 f/2.8L USM->70-200 f/2.8L IS Mkii:50 f/1.8->50 f/1.4->100L->85mm f/1.8 USM-> 8mm ->100L & 85L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2014, 08:58:51 PM »

Rienzphotoz

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2014, 12:44:58 AM »
But misuse in theaters and dance shows makes me angry when people block the view of others in the audience. >:( They make a couple of photos and videos dark and shaky, and then get on Facebook during the rest of the show. :-X Why paid a ticket if you do not want to watch the show, and disturb the attention of those who want to watch the show? :(
That can be said about any camera including DSLRs as well ... my first "super tele" lens was a Sigma 50-500 (non-OS) and I was really excited about my new purchase so I took it to a theater (they were doing a dance/musical on Grease), I still remember knocking one guy's head in the front seat with my Bigma :-[  ... weather it is an iPad or DSLR or mobile phone, I think anything that gets in the way of other audience/spectators is annoying.

ajfotofilmagem

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2014, 06:40:04 PM »
But misuse in theaters and dance shows makes me angry when people block the view of others in the audience. >:( They make a couple of photos and videos dark and shaky, and then get on Facebook during the rest of the show. :-X Why paid a ticket if you do not want to watch the show, and disturb the attention of those who want to watch the show? :(
That can be said about any camera including DSLRs as well ... my first "super tele" lens was a Sigma 50-500 (non-OS) and I was really excited about my new purchase so I took it to a theater (they were doing a dance/musical on Grease), I still remember knocking one guy's head in the front seat with my Bigma :-[  ... weather it is an iPad or DSLR or mobile phone, I think anything that gets in the way of other audience/spectators is annoying.
Here in Brazil we have a saying: "An elephant bothers many people, and two elephants bother much more". I've been to many shows in theaters (working or watching) and I can say that a guy with a big lens and tripod can distract some people in the background of the audience. But dozens of tablets with large screens make it impossible to watch the show with concentration.

Cali_PH

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2014, 01:40:59 AM »
Sunrise at Death Valley last month.

Rienzphotoz

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2014, 02:13:53 AM »
Sunrise at Death Valley last month.
That's a very nice image.

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2014, 09:39:06 AM »
A friend of mine holding her 6d and 24-70 f4L.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:41:23 AM by verysimplejason »

jdramirez

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2014, 09:45:55 AM »
A friend of mine holding her 6d and 24-70 f4L.

I'm always amazed at how big lenses look on other people's camera.  But even the 70-200 is mkii feels small when I put it on... it might be a grass is greener situation.
Upgrade  path.->means the former was sold for the latter.

XS->60D->5d Mkiii:18-55->24-105L:75-300->55-250->70-300->70-200 f4L USM->70-200 f/2.8L USM->70-200 f/2.8L IS Mkii:50 f/1.8->50 f/1.4->100L->85mm f/1.8 USM-> 8mm ->100L & 85L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2014, 09:45:55 AM »

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • http://dylannguyen.smugmug.com
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2014, 09:11:05 PM »

My 5yrs taking ballet class. I photographed all her performances. I always like to sit in the center, the very last roll of theather(where no one like to sit). Set my cameras to silent mode and do my own business. This is why I selected the 400mm f2.8 IS II over 300mm f2.8 IS II.

I prefer NOT to pay $50 for few photos taken by theather photographers with rebels and crappy flashes :P
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 400L f2.8 IS II

Rienzphotoz

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »
My 5yrs taking ballet class. I photographed all her performances. I always like to sit in the center, the very last roll of theather(where no one like to sit). Set my cameras to silent mode and do my own business. This is why I selected the 400mm f2.8 IS II over 300mm f2.8 IS II.
COOL  8) 8) 8)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »