September 30, 2014, 10:32:46 AM

Author Topic: 22mm M Lens with debris inside?  (Read 719 times)

TAF

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
22mm M Lens with debris inside?
« on: February 15, 2014, 10:30:43 AM »
Folks;

As i do before every use, I took a look into the front of the lens to make sure there is no dust on there, and I noticed a few pieces of white material.  Then I looked closer and realized it is INSIDE the lens; one piece is stuck to the inside of the front element, and another is stuck on the iris blades.

It looks like the plastic they make the internal gears from.

Has anyone else noticed this?  I'll call Canon next week (the camera/lens is only 7 months old), but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  And/or how Canon might deal with it?

Thanks!

canon rumors FORUM

22mm M Lens with debris inside?
« on: February 15, 2014, 10:30:43 AM »

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
Re: 22mm M Lens with debris inside?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 11:17:03 AM »
Folks;

As i do before every use, I took a look into the front of the lens to make sure there is no dust on there, and I noticed a few pieces of white material.  Then I looked closer and realized it is INSIDE the lens; one piece is stuck to the inside of the front element, and another is stuck on the iris blades.

It looks like the plastic they make the internal gears from.

Has anyone else noticed this?  I'll call Canon next week (the camera/lens is only 7 months old), but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  And/or how Canon might deal with it?

Thanks!

Dear friend TAF.
Sorry to hear that you have a problem of EF-M 22mm. F/ 2.0-----Please send  back to Canon, because still on 1 years warrantee. Well, I am lucky that have no Problem of my awesome EF-M 22 mm.
Good Luck.
Surapon

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »
Its likely that some flashing from the molded gears was missed and flaked off.  Return it, if they missed some of the flashing, having Canon clean it is not a solution unless they replace the bad parts, more might break away in the future.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »