October 13, 2015, 02:43:40 PM

Author Topic: Adding Punch through Exposure 5  (Read 601 times)

TWI by Dustin Abbott

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • dustinabbott.net
Adding Punch through Exposure 5
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:40:43 AM »
Adding "Punch" Through Exposure

There are some people who make a very good living by buying somewhat rundown houses, renovating them, and then “flipping” them for a large profit.  Not everyone can do this.  Some people try it and discover somewhere during the renovation project that they have made a terrible decision.  But those that are successful often share a certain quality:  they can see the “bones” of a house.  They can look past the clutter and disrepair and visualize what the house could be.

This little article is about applying the same principle to photography.  As a professional photographer I take a lot of pictures, and most of the time I at least think I’ve taken a great shot when the shutter clicks.  Some photos are amazing all by themselves, but others are a lot like those rundown houses – they have good “bones”, but they are lacking a bit of punch.  I have enough experience with both photography and software that I can look at a photo and pre-visualize how it will look when I’m finished.  Experience has taught me how to achieve that vision most of the time, and a big part of getting the vision of the finished product out of my head and into reality is through the use of Alien Skin Exposure

To read more, click http://dustinabbott.net/2014/02/adding-punch-through-exposure/:

You can also read a smaller version at the Alien Skin blog later today.  Enjoy
6D x 2 | 70D | EOS-M3 w/22mm f/2 + 18-55 STM + Rokinon 12MM F/2 + EF Adapter| Tamron 15-30 VC | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC | 35mm f/2 IS | 40mm f/2.8 | Zeiss 50 | 100L | 135L | 70-300L ---VINTAGE-- SMC Takumar 28mm f/3.5, Super Tak 35mm f/3.5, SMC Tak 55mm f/1.8, SMC Tak 50mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-2

canon rumors FORUM

Adding Punch through Exposure 5
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:40:43 AM »