July 21, 2018, 05:56:41 AM

Author Topic: Fail to contact support Reikan (Focal)  (Read 17866 times)

Canon1

• EOS 6D Mark II
Re: Fail to contact support Reikan (Focal)
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 09:06:10 PM »
I've been watching this thread as I was ready to buy the Pro version. I will continue to watch and not buy until I see positive outcomes.

I've been using focal for years now. Have the latest version and it works perfectly. No complaints on my end... And there are many many users with the same good experience.  It's a bummer that there are some with bad experiences... But I don't think it is the norm.

There are quite a few with good results who are happy with the software which is why I'm considering buying it. But just maybe poor customer service and support are their new norm. At $117 I don't want to take a chance to find out. If they were selling it through Amazon or B&H where I would have some recourse, that would be different.

You have recourse with your credit card company or Paypal. If you buy something, it doesn't work as advertised, and support doesn't get you fixed up.... You can file a claim and get your money back. Odds are, the likely outcome is that your images will show better focus.  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 09:06:10 PM »

Maiaibing

• EOS 5DS R
    • Copenhagen Cycle Chic Pictures
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 08:28:30 AM »
Since I will hardly again be accused of running with gossip regarding Reikan's lack of response - just an update. My support ticket is closed now after having been unanswered for months. However, without any reply or notice given at all.  ???

Just sent another question. Cannot download the software I paid for as it does not allow me to log in. Let's see what happens now. Mail response says they will be back within three days - quite a long time to wait for something you paid to download... Not feeling optimistic.

mackguyver

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Master of Pain
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 08:58:39 AM »
Since I will hardly again be accused of running with gossip regarding Reikan's lack of response - just an update. My support ticket is closed now after having been unanswered for months. However, without any reply or notice given at all.  ???

Just sent another question. Cannot download the software I paid for as it does not allow me to log in. Let's see what happens now. Mail response says they will be back within three days - quite a long time to wait for something you paid to download... Not feeling optimistic.
Maiaibing, they recently changed the way you login - I don't know if you've seen this, but if not, maybe it will help:
http://www.reikan.co.uk/focalweb/index.php/2014/05/passwords-paypal-transaction-ids/
CPS Score: 111 points, those 0 and 1 point items really add up

Andrewccm

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 03:46:34 PM »
For the record, I have been trying to contact them for over 6 weeks via Twitter, Blog, support form, and email.  Have received ZERO response.  There definitely are others out here having issues with them.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 03:46:34 PM »