October 22, 2014, 03:18:56 AM

Author Topic: When Zeiss Glass does not warm your heart  (Read 6654 times)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: When Zeiss Glass does not warm your heart
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 01:00:07 PM »

"When Zeiss Glass does warm the heart…or at least, the cultured human cardiac myocytes in the lab this afternoon.   "
So, being curious I did a search on Zeiss LSM 510 META.  The Zeiss site sent me to a page for the LSM 710!  Can I conclude that the LSM 710 is a newer model than the LSM 510?  It would do both my mind and wallet good to learn that even Neuro has to deal with older generation equipment from time to time! ;)

With apologies to your mind and wallet, we just ordered an LSM 780 to replace the 510.   :D
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 01:00:07 PM »

rbr

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 03:21:54 PM »
I can deal with physical discomfort...I just can't deal with how it hits my wallet!!  I've lost count of my root canals, I think I've had 5 in my life!

Ditto! The pain before a root canal is always worse than afterward for me. It's the wallet that really hurts, especially after throwing in the crown work. That's money I would much rather spend on camera gear and travel.

old-pr-pix

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »
" ... we just ordered an LSM 780 to replace the 510."     Why am I not surprised?
Lots of Canon stuff -- FD, EF, EF-L, EF-S.  Olympus stuff too

emag

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »
I've had three root canals.  One became infected while the temporary cap was in place and waiting on the crown.  I left on a 4 day trip to dark country for astronomy the day after the root canal and spent the time in wonderful pain.  For another root canal, I arrived in the morning and the receptionist told me I'd have to reschedule as the compressor that runs all the air tools had malfunctioned and they were having to cancel and reschedule all appointments.  I offered to take a look at it, got it running in a couple minutes.  After the procedure I came back to the receptionist to cover my copay portion....the dentist walked over and said, "Are you kidding?  If you hadn't fixed that we'd have had a scheduling nightmare and lost an entire day's work!  You don't owe anything."

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 06:23:30 PM »
When Zeiss Glass does warm the heart…or at least, the cultured human cardiac myocytes in the lab this afternoon.    ;D

I'd be more concerned that you've got a piece of equipment called (what looks like) HAL 100 on your desk.
Only a few more upgrade cycles and you'll be at 9000.
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 06:23:30 PM »