December 20, 2014, 01:01:48 AM

Author Topic: what the 1Dx may tell us about the 5Diii  (Read 10882 times)

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
Re: what the 1Dx may tell us about the 5Diii
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 02:43:23 PM »
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Multiple-Exposure Feature something new for a Canon Dslr!? I'd love to see this feature included in the 5D iii.

Just curious. What does in-camera multiple-exposure offer that couldn't be done with layers in Photoshop? When Canon announced this, I admit I was scratching my head thinking this sounded more like a gimmick than a 1D series feature. I must be missing something here.
I'm not anti-tweaking photos, but I think it's much more fun to think creatively about setting up shots and trying to get the image I have in my head right in-camera first. I have been able to set-up multiple-exposures in-camera with my classic 5D but am very limited by light conditions and distance I can move from the camera during the exposure etc. Plus not all find it easy to use photo-editing software!

Try post processing 1k raw images like I do sometimes ... and see the time you save with this gimmick.  Trust me it is not fun sitting on the comp for a week merging all the AEB frames.... It may not be much for you, but for some it is very welcome.

I used to have a 1D2, and loved to take HDR shots with the 7AEB and 8fps. Now I have a 5D, I have almost given up on HDR since it is so much more inconvenient now.... I would like to get back into it once they have a decent set of functions on the 5D3.
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 02:43:23 PM »

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 05:06:34 PM »
Try post processing 1k raw images like I do sometimes ... and see the time you save with this gimmick.  Trust me it is not fun sitting on the comp for a week merging all the AEB frames.... It may not be much for you, but for some it is very welcome.

I used to have a 1D2, and loved to take HDR shots with the 7AEB and 8fps. Now I have a 5D, I have almost given up on HDR since it is so much more inconvenient now.... I would like to get back into it once they have a decent set of functions on the 5D3.

I suspect that in camera HDR is becoming a tick-box thing that all new cameras of a certain grade must have in order to be worthy of the price tag.

I almost never use regular AEB brackets and use manual settings as sometimes the "darks" can be too dark.

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »

I suspect that in camera HDR is becoming a tick-box thing that all new cameras of a certain grade must have in order to be worthy of the price tag.

I almost never use regular AEB brackets and use manual settings as sometimes the "darks" can be too dark.

One day I might be more comfortable with Manual bracketing, I don't like fidgeting with the camera once it has captured a frame and move it around even the slightest. ( it is on a decent tripod, yes)

As for your darks being too dark, how may AEB frames do you work with and do you use RAW or the jpegs?
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »