December 20, 2014, 06:36:21 AM

Author Topic: Wacom Intuos Creative Pen & Touch tablet  (Read 2662 times)

Hillsilly

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Wacom Intuos Creative Pen & Touch tablet
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 12:17:12 AM »
I'm a recent convert to Wacom tablets.  I have no idea why I didn't buy one earlier.  The pressure sensitivity of the tablet and stylus when used with tools such as brushes and the eraser, allow me to do much more precise adjustments.  The quality of my post production results have improved dramatically.  (But then, I like doing a lot of PP.  If you're a straight out of camera shooter, this might be less important).

FWIW, I purchased the tablet after watching a couple of YouTube videos in which a photographer, Terry White, showed how he used it for portrait adjustments.  It was one of those - "Wow!...you can do that?  And so easily?" moments (As anyone who has ever struggled to do really fine, small adjustments with just a mouse, can appreciate).  Since then, I've come across a number of other videos to help refine techniques.  Not being a professional photographer, I'm out of the loop when it comes to the equipment that many people use.  But I'm surprised that you don't see more people recommending tablets.   
Camera Obscura

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 12:17:12 AM »

climber

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 02:50:04 AM »
And which model and size do you use?

Hillsilly

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 07:16:40 AM »
I've got the same as the OP - the Intuos pen & touch.  Mine is the small one (CTH-480).  For me, even the small one is too big and I've decreased the area being used. 
Camera Obscura

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
  • www.mrsfotografie.nl
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 02:08:28 PM »
I recently got a Wacom Intuos Pro Small with my 5D MkIII as part of a Canon promotion. It's got nice touch and swipe features but I went back to my trusty Wacom Bamboo tablet because it has a smaller footprint (and the same sensitive area). I use my tablet as a mouse too and the Intuos Pro just takes up too much desktop space and won't comfortably sit next to my keyboard. Bummer :(
5D3, 5D2, Sony α6000, G16 | SY14 f/2.8, Ʃ20 f/1.8, 24 f/2.8, 35 f/2, Ʃ35 f/1.4A, 50 f/1.8 I, Ʃ50 f/1.4 EX, 100L Macro, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 1.4x II, 70-300L, 100-400L | E-mount: SY12 f/2, Ʃ19 & 30 f/2.8 EX DN, 16-70 ZA OSS, 55-210 OSS, Metabones SB | FT-QL, AE-1P | FD(n) & FL lenses

gbchriste

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »
Couldn't survive without mine.  Absolutely indispensable for fine retouching and complex-shaped selections.  When you have clone out about 100 individual stray hairs from a portrait subject there is no substitute for doing with a graphics pen as opposed to a mouse.

My previous one was the Bamboo Fun, which was also a Wacom product.  I loved it because it came with an included mouse that also operated on the tablet so it was easy to switch from pen to mouse as needed.  That tablet died but the model was discontinued.  The newer Wacom tablets don't come with the mouse anymore and I really miss it.  The gestures for making mouse-like movements on the tablet with your fingers just don't cut it.

Raptors

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 08:14:32 PM »
candyman,

I'm not sure what model of Wacom Intuos Creative Pen & Touch tablet you have...I have the Intuos4, which is an older model. You may want to check out PhotoshopCafe...here is the link.

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/video/products/CC_Wacom.htm

candyman

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 05:49:05 AM »
candyman,

I'm not sure what model of Wacom Intuos Creative Pen & Touch tablet you have...I have the Intuos4, which is an older model. You may want to check out PhotoshopCafe...here is the link.

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/video/products/CC_Wacom.htm

Thanks. I am not sure if it can help me. I use DxO Optics Elite and just started to explore Lightroom 5. I am searching the internet on more instructions how to use the wacom tablet with those two software packages.

I have the Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Tablet S - CTH-480S
5DIII w/grip  |  6D  |  16-35L IS  |  24-105L  |  24-70 VC  |  70-200 f/2.8L IS II  |  70-300L  |  35 f/2 IS  |  50A  |  135L  |  1.4x III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 05:49:05 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 08:02:33 AM »
Thanks. I am not sure if it can help me. I use DxO Optics Elite and just started to explore Lightroom 5. I am searching the internet on more instructions how to use the wacom tablet with those two software packages.

DxO allows only 'global' edits (except dust removal), so I really can't see any benefit to a graphics tablet for that software. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 08:02:33 AM »