May 26, 2018, 06:32:10 AM

Author Topic: Please share your own photo web site with us  (Read 42431 times)

climber

• EOS 6D Mark II
Please share your own photo web site with us
« on: March 22, 2014, 05:06:46 AM »
I'd like to ask, if those forum members who have their own photography web sites, blogs, FB photo profil or anything else could share that with us.

I don't know for others, but I like to follow photo blogs, web sites, where I can see some good photos, can learn something,...

So, if you have your own blog, web site, please paste a link here.

Thanks ;)

canon rumors FORUM

Please share your own photo web site with us
« on: March 22, 2014, 05:06:46 AM »

MrFotoFool

• EOS 5DS R
  • 5D mkIV
    • HoodFineArt
Re: Please share your own photo web site with us
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 12:12:08 AM »
Here is my photo website: http://www.hoodfineart.com/

And here is a photo blog I write for my local photo lab: http://jonesphotolab.tumblr.com/

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:45:00 AM »

climber

• EOS 6D Mark II
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 05:17:28 PM »
Thanks Surapon. Great

Robgar

• Canonflex
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 06:07:12 PM »
http://500px.com/rspostma

I hope you enjoy!

ninjapeps

• EOS Rebel SL2
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »
It's not much but here's mine.
sanity is for people without imagination

crank47

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Action sport & lifestyle photographer
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 09:17:46 PM »
www.stephanbednaic.com

Blog:
blog.stephanbednaic.com

Here's mine if you want to check it out, also if some of you use tumblr as a blog platform I would love to follow you so let me know. Cheers.
1D4, 1V, 5D3, 15mm 2.8 Fisheye, 16-35mm 2.8L II, 45mm TS-E, 50mm 1.4, 2x 580EXII,  F-Stop Loka, F-Stop Kenti

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 09:17:46 PM »

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 11:32:12 AM »
<-----

Too bad not everyone will link to their work.

mackguyver

• Master of Pain
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 11:52:37 AM »
<-----

Too bad not everyone will link to their work.
Exactly, it's not hard, just click on "Profile" at the top of the forum and add it to the Website URL box and click "Change Profile".  Now it's linked to the little Globe under your name 8)
CPS Score: 111 points, those 0 and 1 point items really add up

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »
Some people have very good reasons for not linking to their work. Some people just don't want to. Some people are camera and gear collectors and aficionados, and they might very well not have any images they'd like to link to, and as far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with that. Many people primarily shoot their family and friends and don't want those types of images posted on open sites. Many people don't have cohesive bodies of images that they'd like to share, especially if they are mixed in with thousands they wouldn't like to share.

There are many reasons why people don't link to images and galleries, and that is all good with me especially as this is primarily a Canon rumours and gear orientated forum website.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

Robboesan

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 01:41:02 PM »
Here is my stuff. nothing special.. http://robertlnpdg.deviantart.com/gallery/

ScaneLife

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
    • ScaneLife
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm glad I checked in today because I have been updating my site and just launched a birthday special for prints.

http://scanelife.com

I have a lot of travel photography and I'm also a professional artist so you can see a lot of my paintings too if you're interested.
I hope you all will check it out!

Thanks,
John Scane

mackguyver

• Master of Pain
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »
Some people have very good reasons for not linking to their work. Some people just don't want to. Some people are camera and gear collectors and aficionados, and they might very well not have any images they'd like to link to, and as far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with that. Many people primarily shoot their family and friends and don't want those types of images posted on open sites. Many people don't have cohesive bodies of images that they'd like to share, especially if they are mixed in with thousands they wouldn't like to share.

There are many reasons why people don't link to images and galleries, and that is all good with me especially as this is primarily a Canon rumours and gear orientated forum website.
I completely understand and I don't link to any of my professional work on this site.  The website and work I link to is my personal stuff (but not family stuff).  I posted the screen shot above because some people may be unaware of how to do it, and I know many members who are shy about their work and don't appreciate the criticism that sometimes comes with sharing it.  I have a friend who is one of the top motorsports photographers in the US and when he had shared his work on the Dpreview forums, the cruel and critical responses have practically reduced him to tears.  I can understand that, too, and while I find CR to be far more positive than other forums (generally), I respect everyone's desire for privacy. 

In my case, I'm not especially proud of my commercial work because of the dull subject matter, and I work with many companies as a consultant so I'm careful about keeping my personal and professional lives very separate.  I like sharing my personal work, even if it's not great, but I respect your and other people's desire to remain private.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 02:10:40 PM »
That is all true too Mackguyver, and it would have been nice if the thread had been kept to just those happy to post their links, but some posters will never let an opportunity to shout their own agenda go by whilst thinking they can belittle and undermine others.

I ended up skipping the 1DX by the way, I just can't get the 18MP out of my biased head, especially after downloading some 1Dx and 5D MkIII files. But thank you very much for the heads up on the deal.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

mackguyver

• Master of Pain
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 02:21:18 PM »
That is all true too Mackguyver, and it would have been nice if the thread had been kept to just those happy to post their links, but some posters will never let an opportunity to shout their own agenda go by whilst thinking they can belittle and undermine others.

I ended up skipping the 1DX by the way, I just can't get the 18MP out of my biased head, especially after downloading some 1Dx and 5D MkIII files. But thank you very much for the heads up on the deal.
It sounds like I walked into something personal here, so I'm sorry if I came across as having any desire to make people post their links.  I have the utmost respect for other people's desire to privacy.

Also, I understand on the 18MP, and it turns out that the group buy the other day would have saved me another $160 from the same dealer...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 02:21:18 PM »