May 26, 2018, 08:14:59 AM

Author Topic: Online rating/comment app/site?  (Read 2107 times)

Marsu42

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Canon Pride.
    • Der Tierfotograf
Online rating/comment app/site?
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »
I'm currently sorting through my heaps of wildlife shots and am writíng captions for them. As there are so many opinions as there are potential viewers, I have a couple of friends who are willing to give their personal rating for the shots, write comments or even text captions for them.

The problem: My current approach "create a web slideshow with numbered shots, then let the people write back via e-mail" has a lot of overhead and creates a lot of hassle for the volunteers.

The question: Is there some pic site where I can upload my shots that includes the option to rate the pictures online and write captions/comments for them? It doesn't need to have multi-user security, I can simply share my login.

I have my own website, so if there's some ready-made (sql/php) web app I can also simply use this - but writing my own interface with a cms like drupal is currently too time-consuming for me. A free or at least inexpensive solution is definitely preferred. If it has a nice interface, I could also use it to let clients chose the shots they like from pre-processed proofs.

canon rumors FORUM

Online rating/comment app/site?
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
Re: Online rating/comment app/site?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »
Zenfolio allows you to do that.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 03:03:11 PM »
I believe Smug also allows that.  There is a small tool bar at the left bottom that is used to add comments.  There are also likes allowed.

Since you can add your own CSS or HTML, you can customize it pretty much anyway you want.

There are a ton of features I don't use, like smartphone apps, etc.

http://news.smugmug.com/2014/10/21/smugmugs-completely-revamped-app-for-iphone-and-ipad/

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 03:03:11 PM »