December 22, 2014, 02:34:53 PM

Author Topic: Please share your own photo web site with us  (Read 9601 times)

jdramirez

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Please share your own photo web site with us
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2014, 10:31:58 PM »
Some people have very good reasons for not linking to their work. Some people just don't want to. Some people are camera and gear collectors and aficionados, and they might very well not have any images they'd like to link to, and as far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with that. Many people primarily shoot their family and friends and don't want those types of images posted on open sites. Many people don't have cohesive bodies of images that they'd like to share, especially if they are mixed in with thousands they wouldn't like to share.

There are many reasons why people don't link to images and galleries, and that is all good with me especially as this is primarily a Canon rumours and gear orientated forum website.

I don't link my work because it isn't special.  It is good.... but it is derivative of what has come before... good portraiture... good sports... etc... but nothing I really feel proud of... which I hope is simply me being the biggest critic of my own work rather than me actually being incredibly mediocre. 
Upgrade  path.->means the former was sold for the latter.

XS->60D->5d Mkiii:18-55->24-105L:75-300->55-250->70-300->70-200 f4L USM->70-200 f/2.8L USM->70-200 f/2.8L IS Mkii:50 f/1.8->50 f/1.4->100L-> 85mm f/1.8 USM-> 8mm -> 85mm f/1.2L mkii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2014, 10:31:58 PM »

IsaacImage

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • www.IsaacImage.com
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2014, 12:08:13 AM »
George, I really like the behind the scenes photos in your About page - I haven't see that before and it really gives the customer a really good idea of what you actually do at the wedding.  It gives a human touch to your site, too.  Well done.

I am captivated by your images as I mentioned previously.  However, after I saw the comment above, I went and looked at the About page.  Wonderful!!  You have a beautiful wife, baby and family!  She appears to really rock that camera too!

I find it exciting that you are from another part of the world and yet you have so much in common with many others on this forum.  The camera that you are holding is also held by many of us in CR.  And if not that specific model, another model DSLR being used to achieve fulfilling images.  I think it's really great that we can all enjoy a common hobby/profession/craft and relate to on another so well because of it.  Nice.

Another question:  I see the Gary Fong Lightsphere on your flash but it seems to be used in an odd way.  I see it on the flash but without the top dome.  It's pointed straight up and the flash is also rotated 90 degrees.  What is your technique?  Do you turn the flash down to the side and bounce the flash off of adjacent side walls a lot?  I'm wondering if you have a favorite and proven system with this technique or if it's just a coincidence. 

Again, you do appear to be living the dream with your wife and partner as you enjoy your craft!  I'm very happy for you!

Thank you very much for your kind words "RustyTheGeek"
I like to bounce the light off whatever is possible and without top dome it's much easier and quicker to fold it when I don't need it. So I'm just folding it and it stays there in close position and not bothering me to much ;)

Thanks for the clarification.  So, I can see from your images that the light is indeed working for you.  I also have the same collapsible GF Lightsphere model.  I have always assumed that without the dome, the soft-sided part of the sphere would be somewhat useless since there is nothing in front of the flash emmitter to reflect light back into the semi-transparent sphere cone to achieve all-around light coverage.  I can see the advantage of having the dome removed for bouncing off of walls, ceilings, etc but once you are bouncing off a another large surface like that, what purpose does having the soft collapsible cone part of the GF Sphere serve?  Seems like at that point, it just adds weight since the light is projected straight out and away from everything behind the flash emitter.  Please understand that I'm not trying to argue or criticize, I'm genuinely curious.  Since I also own the same gizmo, I just want to understand a possibly better way to use it!  Thanks!    :)

Absolutely agree with you once you collapse it it's just add an extra weight but I prefer to have it always on, to be ready for any changes ;)

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2014, 10:08:17 AM »
Absolutely agree with you once you collapse it it's just add an extra weight but I prefer to have it always on, to be ready for any changes ;)

Sorry to keep bugging you but... when do you (ever?) use the dome?  Do you keep it with you during the shoot and attach/remove or do you just throw a handkerchief/napkin/bride's veil over it or something?   :D  Me, I've just always left the dome on and shot (almost straight) up at an angle.  (And let the poor flash suffer!)

I like the device.  It seems to work well.  My biggest complaint is the weight.  Wish it was lighter.  Seems like they could have made it with the same material and gone about half as thick with the same result.
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

IsaacImage

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • www.IsaacImage.com
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2014, 12:11:15 AM »

Sorry to keep bugging you but... when do you (ever?) use the dome?  Do you keep it with you during the shoot and attach/remove or do you just throw a handkerchief/napkin/bride's veil over it or something?   :D  Me, I've just always left the dome on and shot (almost straight) up at an angle.  (And let the poor flash suffer!)

I like the device.  It seems to work well.  My biggest complaint is the weight.  Wish it was lighter.  Seems like they could have made it with the same material and gone about half as thick with the same result.

Never using Dome.
But it's me… )

colin.davis

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • Colin Davis Photography
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2014, 11:34:32 PM »
I have just finished putting together a website and gone online
Please feel free to comment, give advice, etc

http://colindavisphotography.zenfolio.com/

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
  • www.mrsfotografie.nl
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2014, 01:11:41 PM »
I don't believe I've posted in this topic before, so here we go:

http://www.mrsfotografie.nl/

I have a lot of travel photography on this site as well; at the moment I'm working on getting the albums from my recent trip to Japan on-line:

http://www.mrsfotografie.nl/reizen

Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:13:46 PM by mrsfotografie »
5D3, 5D2, Sony α6000, G16 | SY14 f/2.8, Ʃ20 f/1.8, 24 f/2.8, 35 f/2, Ʃ35 f/1.4A, 50 f/1.8 I, Ʃ50 f/1.4 EX, 100L Macro, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 1.4x II, 70-300L, 100-400L | E-mount: SY12 f/2, Ʃ19 & 30 f/2.8 EX DN, 16-70 ZA OSS, 55-210 OSS, Metabones SB | FT-QL, AE-1P | FD(n) & FL lenses

jepabst

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photographer
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »
Well, you asked for it. I'm leaving several links to our work and blog. Our photography site is Pabst Photo, and our videography site is Obviouschild Productions. I've kept them separate because we don't offer both on the same day. We are a husband and wife team - so it's just the two of us. Cheers~!
Chicago Wedding Photographer
Professional Photography Resources
Wedding Photography by Pabst Photo
Wedding Videography

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

notsosem

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2014, 01:18:22 PM »
https://500px.com/TylerJaredBoone

Might as well post this. Not like I'll loose anything.

Looking at everyonelse's links I sometimes get jealous of all the opportunities available in other countries to simply pursue a hobby that I love without having to spend a week's wages just to get a 18-55 kit lens fixed.

I'm jusy a hobbyist making do with little to no equipment living in a thrid world country where I earn absolutely nothing from taking pictures except the joy of capturing moments that may never come again. Still, I do my best with what I have with the few opportunities given me to try and learn as much as I can and so... Comments and critiques welcome. :)

pap-x

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2014, 01:31:46 PM »

TWI by Dustin Abbott

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • dustinabbott.net
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2014, 01:41:10 PM »
Probably a few of you have visited my site before to read reviews, but anyway:  www.dustinabbott.net.  There are plenty of links there that lead to the other places my work is shared.
6D x 2 | EOS-M w/22mm f/2 + 18-55 STM + EF Adapter| Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC | 35mm f/2 IS | 40mm f/2.8 | 100L | 135L | 70-300L -----OLD SCHOOL----- SMC Takumar 28mm f/3.5, Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5, SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8, Helios 44-2 and 44-4, Super Takumar 150mm f/4

Schultzie

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2014, 01:55:03 PM »
Here's a link to my Flickr account.  Thanks for viewing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sauceyjack/
Canon 1DX | 35 1.4 L | 100 2.8 L | 70-200 2.8 L IS II

Evanescentlight

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »
Here is my website  http://parkerlab.bio.uci.edu/evlight.htm
About 5000 landscape and wildlife photos from seven continents

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »

Harv

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • My SmugMug Web Location
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2014, 02:32:33 PM »
Looking at life through a 1D4 and a 5D3 plus lots of red rings.

http://www.harveyg.smugmug.com

stan_tall_man

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • www.stanrohrphotography.com
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2014, 02:55:10 PM »
6d (x2), 70-200L 2.8 is, Tamron 28-75, Samyang 14 2.8, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 85 1.4, 430ex, 580ex II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2014, 02:55:10 PM »