October 24, 2014, 12:37:41 PM

Author Topic: EOS M Lens survey - your favorites, and your most wanted?  (Read 7822 times)

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: EOS M Lens survey - your favorites, and your most wanted?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 08:06:37 PM »
Dear Friends.
Yes, I fell in love again and again, with EOS-M With 2 EF-M Lenses and  EF -Lens Adaptor-----Only Thing that I Need are the Tube for Macro photo, for EF-M Lens.
"Vello Econo Auto Focus Extension Tube Set for Canon EF-M Mount "---But Back-Order = $ 49.99 US Dollars           

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/974083-REG/vello_ext_cme_auto_focus_extension_tube.html

Surapon

nice find! mr surapon should be pretty good with the 22mm i would think. I'm gonna see if i can find some myself now i know they exist.

I've been searching for an EF to EF-M tilt shift adapter but have had no luck yet maybe you could hunt one down ;) :P
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 08:06:37 PM »

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zeeography (flickr)
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 09:46:31 PM »
Dear Friends.
Yes, I fell in love again and again, with EOS-M With 2 EF-M Lenses and  EF -Lens Adaptor-----Only Thing that I Need are the Tube for Macro photo, for EF-M Lens.
"Vello Econo Auto Focus Extension Tube Set for Canon EF-M Mount "---But Back-Order = $ 49.99 US Dollars           

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/974083-REG/vello_ext_cme_auto_focus_extension_tube.html

Surapon

nice find! mr surapon should be pretty good with the 22mm i would think. I'm gonna see if i can find some myself now i know they exist.

I've been searching for an EF to EF-M tilt shift adapter but have had no luck yet maybe you could hunt one down ;) :P

Thanks Surapon, there are a few macro extension tubes for the EOS M on ebay too. I couldn't find the vello ones so I just went with a set of Fotga ones. Can't wait to try them out with the 22mm f/2!
5D II | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14 2.8 | Sigma 50 1.4

EOS M | 11-22 IS STM | 22 STM | FD 50 1.4

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2014, 03:06:49 PM »
Dear Friends.

Surapon

Dear friend Mr. wickidwombat .
Sorry, You need to wait 6 more months for  EF-M TS-E 12 mm.F/ 2.0   for mirrorless By Samyang/ Rokinon = $ 499 US. Dollars-----------But Now I must use my Canon TS-E 24 mm. F/ 3.5 L MK II with this awesome EOS-M.
Yes, At that Time, I will dump My EF TS-E ( Too big size---Big Glass), And Buy an EF-M to EF Adaptor, And buy Samyang/ Rokinon EF-M TS-E 12 mm F/ 2.0 , and small size = 35 mm. Film can ( 20-30 years ago)----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great work week.
Surapon
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:03:42 PM by surapon »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2014, 03:10:52 PM »
Dear Friends.

Surapon

Thanks Surapon, there are a few macro extension tubes for the EOS M on ebay too. I couldn't find the vello ones so I just went with a set of Fotga ones. Can't wait to try them out with the 22mm f/2!

Dear Friend, Mr. Zv.
If I were you, We should wait for " Vello Econo Auto Focus Extension Tube " = Auto Focus function for EOS-M------Another brand name = Manual Focus only, and some of them have no electrical contact with our EOS-M camera.
Good luck, And Please report for us to Know too.
Have a great Work Week.
Surapon

dcm

• EOS M2
  • 6D, M
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2014, 03:24:29 PM »
Dear Friends.

Surapon

Dear Friend, Mr. Zv.
If I were you, We should wait for " Vello Econo Auto Focus Extension Tube " = Auto Focus function for EOS-M------Another brand name = Manual Focus only, and some of them have no electrical contact with our EOS-M camera.
Have a great Work Week.
Surapon

The FOTGA's are similar to the Vellos and include the electrical contacts.  You can get them without going to China on eBay.
http://www.amazon.com/FOTGA-Macro-Focus-Extension-Canon/dp/B00CRD2UUG
6Ds, M, zooms and primes

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2014, 03:27:50 PM »
Dear Friends.

Surapon

Dear Friend, Mr. Zv.
Have a great Work Week.
Surapon

The FOTGA's are similar to the Vellos and include the electrical contacts.  You can get them without going to China on eBay.

WOW, WOW, WOW---THANKS dear dcm.
I will order  to day, With out waiting for Back - Order = Similar Cost too.
Thanksssss.
Surapon

wickidwombat

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »
Wow Mr EOS-M Guru Surapon I did not know the 12mm f2.0 samyang was going to be TS!
that is amazing news getting a TS lens in EF-M mount native and for $500!
still I dont understand why there are no EF-EF-M TS adapters as I would really love to use my sigma 35mm as a TS on the M :D

As for the FOTGA Tubes I'll pick some up next week when i'm back down in shanghai now that I know they exist I can look for them.

BTW are you going to get the 11-22 EF-M? its such an amazing little lens I love mine
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »

dcm

• EOS M2
  • 6D, M
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
Actually, I believe there are some tilt/shift adapters for the EOS-M, just not for EF lenses.  Kipon makes them to adapt M42, Nikon F, Leica R, ... if you are willing to order from China through eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=tilt+shift+adapter&_osacat=78997&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtilt+shift+adapter+for+eos+m&_nkw=tilt+shift+adapter+for+eos+m&_sacat=78997
6Ds, M, zooms and primes

wickidwombat

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »
Actually, I believe there are some tilt/shift adapters for the EOS-M, just not for EF lenses.  Kipon makes them to adapt M42, Nikon F, Leica R, ... if you are willing to order from China through eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=tilt+shift+adapter&_osacat=78997&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtilt+shift+adapter+for+eos+m&_nkw=tilt+shift+adapter+for+eos+m&_sacat=78997

I know Its crazy, I went into the kipon shop the other day to ask them why there was no EF version they just said they didnt know.

No idea why they don't
APS-H Fanboy

dcm

• EOS M2
  • 6D, M
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »

I know Its crazy, I went into the kipon shop the other day to ask them why there was no EF version they just said they didnt know.

No idea why they don't

I believe these are all manual lenses (AF and aperture) that they support.  I think it's more likely we'd see an FD TS adapter than an EF TS adapter because users might expect full/some auto support with an EF tilt and shift. That's just not going to happen.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:10:34 PM by dcm »
6Ds, M, zooms and primes

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »
Wow Mr EOS-M Guru Surapon I did not know the 12mm f2.0 samyang was going to be TS!
that is amazing news getting a TS lens in EF-M mount native and for $500!
still I dont understand why there are no EF-EF-M TS adapters as I would really love to use my sigma 35mm as a TS on the M :D

As for the FOTGA Tubes I'll pick some up next week when i'm back down in shanghai now that I know they exist I can look for them.

BTW are you going to get the 11-22 EF-M? its such an amazing little lens I love mine

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear friend Mr. wickidwombat.
Sorry, I just Kidding, Just Wide Angle not TS-E for Samyang, But the Price should be under $ 400 US Dollars.
No, I will not get EF-M 11-22 , Because I already have Tamron  11-17 mm( 15-16 year Old Lens) for Canon EF Lens that can use with EOS-m.
Good night, Sir.
Surapon

dcm

• EOS M2
  • 6D, M
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2014, 07:58:25 PM »
Dear Friends.

Surapon

Dear Friend, Mr. Zv.
Have a great Work Week.
Surapon

WOW, WOW, WOW---THANKS dear dcm.
I will order  to day, With out waiting for Back - Order = Similar Cost too.
Thanksssss.
Surapon

Played with the FOTGA extension tubes today.  Metal mount, plastic body - definitely a different feel.  But the camera seems to function just fine with them.  The m/22 gives 0.21x magnification, 0.66x with the 10mm tube, 0.94x with the 16mm tube, and 1.39x with the pair of tubes.  You only have an inch or so of working distance (no filters) so lighting and shadows can be an issue.

Here are some handheld test shots (OOC JPGs) with the 16mm extension and the M/22 at 0.94x magnification.  Will need to work on my technique a bit.  Technique will need some work.  A tripod and a focus rail would help, along with stacking, but kind of defeats the purpose of the small package. 
6Ds, M, zooms and primes

dcm

• EOS M2
  • 6D, M
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2014, 08:08:46 PM »
a second
6Ds, M, zooms and primes

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2014, 08:08:46 PM »

dcm

• EOS M2
  • 6D, M
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2014, 08:23:04 PM »
another
6Ds, M, zooms and primes

dcm

• EOS M2
  • 6D, M
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2014, 06:33:02 PM »
Tried the EF-M 18-55 zoom on the M with the 26mm of extension tubes today - increases magnification from 0.25x to 0.72x.  IS and more working distance help.  Here's some OOC JPGs.
6Ds, M, zooms and primes

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2014, 06:33:02 PM »