November 28, 2014, 12:17:09 PM

Author Topic: 6D, T3i, SL1, 5D Markiii with SanDisk 16GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-II Memory Card  (Read 1250 times)

Benhider

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Has anyone done any speed tests with any Canon camera on the SanDisk 16GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-II Memory Card.

I've heard that a lot of cameras are not able to utilize the speed of this card.

Any recent tests or experience appreciated

Thanks

canon rumors FORUM

ajfotofilmagem

• 1D X
    • View Profile
I know of no existing camera (in May 2014) using UHS-II, but in the next few months should appear at Photokina.

Benhider

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
The Fuji XT1 claims to.

"The World's first compatibility with UHS-II format SD memory cards. With an UHS-II SD memory card installed, the data writing speed in continuous mode increases to about twice that of a conventional card."

Presume unless Canon are boasting about it, none of the cameras are compatible. So not worth the expense

LookingThroughMyLens81

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
The next gen mirrorless will definitely take advantage of it because of their higher frame-rate and sustained write requirements but I don't think we'll see any Canon DSLRs that can really benefit from it until the higher megapixel sensors arrive, assuming Canon doesn't switch to CFast/XQD for it's high-end DSLRs. UHS is really more for the videographers than photographers at this point.

canon rumors FORUM