December 21, 2014, 04:54:11 PM

Author Topic: New DSLR and PowerShots in May [CR2]  (Read 11252 times)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: New DSLR and PowerShots in May [CR2]
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »
Has there ever been a 7DII release-date related rumour at the CR2 level? (but as they say, sooner or later, it'll eventually be true lol)

I'm not sure if there has been, but note that this one is not.  It's a CR2 rumor of a new dSLR, and "the assumption is" (presumably CRguy's assumption) that it will be the 7DII.  Personally, I agree with the sentiments above that it will be a new Rebel/xxxD body (assuming one is announced at all).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »

Lightmaster

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 08:37:57 AM »
I believe next Slr will be a eos rebel/kiss/xxx series camera to replace the eos 700d.  7d replacement might come at photokina. also any word on when will canon replace ef 50mm macro? that is the oldest lens in canon line-up and needs to be replaced soon.

one of the oldest. :)
the 135mm f2.8 soft focus is from 1987 (october) if im not wrong.
and it´s still listed.

not that i need a refresh of that lens....

the 50mm f2.5 macro is from december 1987.

completely forgot about the 135mm soft-focus. although last time I talked with a canon dealer in India, I was told 135 soft focus is not available anymore in stock. probably that lens has been discontinued. even adorama doesnt have that lens listed on their site.

if you want it give me a call. it´s available here in germany. ;)

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 08:57:55 AM »
One lens, not being an ef-s, it could be fun, if it's a rebel and no L lens then August will be the next time we can bother looking, and even then the availability will be march 2015, delayed until June and then August, with the common man being able to buy it around Christmas. If I held my breath I'd be dead.
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

Orangutan

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 09:14:56 AM »
If I held my breath I'd be dead.

This forum is turning into Cynic Rumors.  I wonder if people are happier over at Nihilist Rumors.   :-)

But seriously, for most people a new camera is a luxury, and we still have global economic problems.  Not a good time to introduce an upscale Toyota for mass production.

I'm hoping for the 7D2.  My next body will be either a 6D refurb or a 7D2 refurb; and the sooner it hits the shelves, the sooner it hits the refurb store.  :-)

SevenDUser

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
April Fools Day was yesterday...    :P

SwampYankee

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 09:30:56 AM »
Has there ever been a 7DII release-date related rumour at the CR2 level? (but as they say, sooner or later, it'll eventually be true lol)

Hold on there partner......nobody said anything about a release date.  This is just the announcement.  nobody said anything about release dates...... :) :) :) :)
5DIII | 70-200 IS F4L | 24-105L |50 1.8 I |1002.8L | Tokina 16-28 2.8 |600EX

Orangutan

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 09:33:50 AM »
April Fools Day was yesterday...    :P

But today is not.  It may be a fool's post, but it is post Fool's.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 09:33:50 AM »

hachu21

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
750D, maybe a significate change to the way the spinny thing spins  :P

750D this year? wow! 800D next year?   ::)

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »

I'm not sure if there has been, but note that this one is not.  It's a CR2 rumor of a new dSLR, and "the assumption is" (presumably CRguy's assumption) that it will be the 7DII.  Personally, I agree with the sentiments above that it will be a new Rebel/xxxD body (assuming one is announced at all).

If you go by the fact that the 7D is old, outdated, and the 70D gives you a better (arguably) camera for a lower price and is killing 7D sales, then the 7D2 would have to be the next update.... but you can't forget that the Rebels are the vast bulk of Canon DSLR sales and that an updated ( even very minor) Rebel will have far more impact on the bottom line than the 7D2 will have...

Despite my almost delusional desire for a 7D2, to me it makes sense that the next camera will be a new Rebel.... after all, the T5i is a year old and overdue for a replacement.....
The best camera is the one in your hands

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 09:44:41 AM »

Hold on there partner......nobody said anything about a release date.  This is just the announcement.  nobody said anything about release dates...... :) :) :) :)

For what is expected of the new 7D (essentially, for it to be as much better than the current lineup than the 7D was in it's day), they should seriously consider not announcing until they're ready to bring it to market (meaning only need to populate the supply chain).

I've harped on this before, but one of the best things Apple did was pull out of the product release cycle based on certain conference dates.  Why bring a product to market at the market's cycle and not your own design/test/produce cycle? 

This goes, too, for the people saying "how will canon answer the Lego Mindstorm DSLR market?" --- well, while it's healthy to keep an eye on your competitors, isn't it best to chart the path best for you?

All that said, and back to my initial point, for how good the 7D is, and how 'late' it seems to all of us, we're all inferring that it's going to be REALLY good and NO FLAWS since they've had time to work on it . . . anyone who thinks it's not going to be total sticker shock, though, is kidding themselves ;D
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

Orangutan

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 09:48:31 AM »
Despite my almost delusional desire for a 7D2, to me it makes sense that the next camera will be a new Rebel.... after all, the T5i is a year old and overdue for a replacement.....

It could be a 70D with higher frame rate, more robust body, pro weather sealing.  That would add $500 to the price of the 70D, and it would be purchased by bird/wildlife/sports enthusiasts.   It should also hold its higher price tag longer than the 70D.

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 09:53:02 AM »
I'm off to shoot the sunrise with my 5 year old camera body, then blow my canon budget on a road bike. Have fun!

Buying a good road bike is possibly even more of a challenge than getting a good camera, there are just so many options!!  ;)
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

Lightmaster

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »
All that said, and back to my initial point, for how good the 7D is, and how 'late' it seems to all of us, we're all inferring that it's going to be REALLY good and NO FLAWS since they've had time to work on it . . . anyone who thinks it's not going to be total sticker shock, though, is kidding themselves ;D

yep and that 18mp sensor is well known. so no suprise.   ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »

Chaitanya

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 09:56:25 AM »
I believe next Slr will be a eos rebel/kiss/xxx series camera to replace the eos 700d.  7d replacement might come at photokina. also any word on when will canon replace ef 50mm macro? that is the oldest lens in canon line-up and needs to be replaced soon.

one of the oldest. :)
the 135mm f2.8 soft focus is from 1987 (october) if im not wrong.
and it´s still listed.

not that i need a refresh of that lens....

the 50mm f2.5 macro is from december 1987.

completely forgot about the 135mm soft-focus. although last time I talked with a canon dealer in India, I was told 135 soft focus is not available anymore in stock. probably that lens has been discontinued. even adorama doesnt have that lens listed on their site.

if you want it give me a call. it´s available here in germany. ;)

I dont want it, but a friend of mine was looking for one couple of months back. he bought a used one as new 135 soft focus were not available. In India people are dumping used cameras and lenses at crazy prices just two days back saw an advert for a used 5D mk3, seller was asking for just 95000INR(Divide by 60 for usd). even there is a used 7d with 400 f5.6l for 1,10,000 INR.

mhlas7

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:23 AM »
Anyone have any speculation on what the new lens' could be?

Personally I am hoping for the rumored 50mm f/1.8 IS but there have also been some rumors lately of a replacement to the 100mm-400mm

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:23 AM »